Start by marking “The Skinny: On Losing Weight Without Being Hungry-The Ultimate Guide to Weight Loss Success” as Want to Read:

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  81 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Tried diet after diet and still can’t lose weight? It’s time to call the expert. In The Skinny, Dr. Louis Aronne, America’s top weight-loss specialist, shares the plan that has worked so well for his many patients. Through his friendly guidance, you’ll finally learn how to:

stop the weight-loss, weight-gain cycle
learn the strategy for feeling full with fewer calories
teach
Published March 30th 2010 by Harmony (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Skinny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Skinny

David J. Andrews
The only diet book you'll ever need. Just ask David Letterman. What can I say, it works! Don't read the Kindle version, however, the charts and illustrations are very readable. It's the only drawback to the Kindle. Buy the hard copy of the book instead.
Katherine Stillerman
Back in 2009, while watching the Late Show with David Letterman, I learned about the The Skinny on Losing Weight Without Being Hungry. Letterman introduced Louis Aronne as the author of the book and his personal physician, who had helped Letterman keep his weight under control after open heart surgery. Aronne's premise is that obese people have difficulty losing weight, not because they don’t want it badly enough. It's because they battle strong biological signals driving them to eat–hormonal si ...more
Spook Harrison
May 26, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-physical
This was a fad-diet book with very few redeeming qualities. Pretty much all the good information was researched (and written about) in Rolls' Volumetrics books, and at times the author would say things like, "I can't quote you many studies to prove that..." (p. 70, first time) which makes me wonder why this Dr. is writing a book in the first place. He also claims, "I'm a numbers guy and a research guy..." (p. 114), which with the previous quote makes no sense. Furthermore, later in the book it s ...more
Victoria
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb book. By a scientist. If only losing weight was this simple? Actually it is. This book if taken to the mainstream would almost certainly stop the diet" products and systems market. It really is that simple. Common sense based and working around evidence and basic rules of hormones etc. This really is a life changer
Amy Harper
Jun 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in trying yet another diet/eating lifestyle.
Dr. Aronne offers a high protein, low carb, healthy eating style that also emphasizes the order in which food is eaten. I particularly like the concept that the extra pounds are not my fault! There are interesting tips and plenty of recipes.
Sandy
May 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I kept coming across this book at the library and checked it out twice and I think it's a book worth owning. It walks you through the eating process and how it effects your hormones and your hunger level which made a lot of sense.
Jayne
Mar 30, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is supposed to help us change eating habits and learn to know when you are full. Good luck to me!!
Geneva
Skimmed. Took a few good tips from it.
Katie
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Had to read this for work.
Carol
May 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great common sense guide to losing weight and keeping it off. I will attempt to take Dr. Lou's advice on the foods to avoid and which to push to avoid being hungry.