Start by marking “Forgiven (Firstborn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Forgiven (Firstborn, #2)

Forgiven (Firstborn #2)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  9,301 Ratings  ·  167 Reviews
The multiple plot strands of Karen Kingsbury's novels seldom fail to ensnare readers until the very last page. In Forgiven, another Baxter Family Drama book, Katy Hart, Dayne Matthews, and John Baxter must all confront unexpected problems while pursuing their everyday lives.
Published October 1st 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2005)

Claire
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I return to this series when I need a wholesome break from contemporary literary fiction with all of its dysfunction and navel-gazing. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I relate much more to these normal characters trying to live good lives than to many of the characters in the books featured in the NY Times Book Review. These books are clean soap operas - pure escapism.
Rachel
Feb 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Karen Kingsbury writes very well with powerful plots,wonderful characters,and interesting crises about faith and family relationships. She's quite good at drawing characters that readers respond to emotionally,and her plots are entertaining as well as deeply Christian. I really have loved following the Baxter family story.
Sophia Park
Dec 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that Karen Kingsbury books are awesome. They all have a really good story and tension that makes you want to keep reading. This is the second book to the Firstborn Series and I like them a lot. Can't wait to finish them and go on to another series...haha:) I haven't mentioned this in the other review, but these books are Christian which also makes me read to know more about Christian life... At first I just really thought these books were only for adults, but they are really good and I e ...more
Tammy
Jun 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Karen Kingsbury books and this Series is NO Exception!!! They always make you think about the different situations the family is going through and how they handle them with the help of our Gracious God. They know no matter the situation that GOD is always right there beside you. It doesn't matter if you have strayed away from him in the past, All You Have To Do Is Ask For His Forgiveness and He Will Be There When You Need Him... ALWAYS!!! I Love Him So Much
Honeypie
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
What a tragedy! But once again, Karen Kingsbury shares the power of forgiveness! It may seem like "an old, overused" word, applicable only to the most hellacious situations. But time and time again, we're shown how hearts are healed, relationships are mended and hurt is forgotten just by forgiving .

The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.
Daniel 9:9

When you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven
Ruth
Oct 17, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
All right, all right...I know how dumb it is to rate a first book in a series as 1 star and then go on to read the next. What can I say? The second book happened to be on the new books at the library so I decided to give it another shot. I have to say that I'm not impressed with the writing in this series (the first I've read by Kingsbury). The characters, scenarios and conversations just don't ring true at all...
Julie
Another fulfilling story. Sometimes the 2nd or greater in a series disappoints. Not this one. Just as wonderful as the first book in the Firstborn Series. The characters continue to unveil pieces of themselves to the reader. They could be your neighbors, friends or family. So glad the author fills in all the extras. I look forward the rest of the series. So many story lines to wonder about.
Natasja
Ooh wat ben ik blij dat zo toch heel langzaam de familie Baxter er weer is.
Geweldige opvolger van Beroemd maar ook zeker van de Baxterserie.
Je zit ook meteen weer in het verhaal of je er nooit uit geweest bent,en mijn favoriete personage Aslhey komt weer heerlijk aan bod.
Nu is het even wachten weer op de volgende deel "gevonden".
Ik heb er weer van genoten.
Brooke
As always this book, like the ones before it, was awesome! Not much more to say. Im glad things turned out the way they did with Jeremy...really puts things we see on the news and in newspapers into perspective. We dont always know the whole story and God would rather us love ther person, pray for them and not be judgemental and harbor ill will.
Brenda
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Despite being a little annoyed with the writing style (ever chapter ends with a dun dun dun sentence), I find myself getting sucked into the story and wanting to pick up the next in the series as soon as I finish.
Angie
May 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another A+ for Karen!!!
Kristine
Apr 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dayne Matthews finds forgiveness in God and his priorities change.
Christy Frye
This whole series is excellent! I can't put her books down.
Michelle
Jan 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the entire series!
Anne Marie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book continued to focus mainly on Dayne Matthews and his life of stardom and always being followed by paparazzi. He is making a movie that originally would have had him starring with Katy Hart. But after the incident with the crazed stalker Katy is happily back in Bloomington directing Christian Kids Theater. The next play is Annie and auditions for parts are taking place. Dayne will be starring in the movie with his live-in girlfriend, Kelly Parker.
After a day of auditions and working on
Taryn Spearey
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chriastian-books
This was pretty good. Katy Hart is the director of the Christian Kids Theater Group. This is a group of kids who put on plays for the community.

Then, we have Dayne Matthews, who is a movie star and is in town to shoot his latest movie. He sees Katy at one of the play rehearsal and immediately falls in love with her.

One family of the theater group is killed in a car accident, and the kids want to get revenge. But, Katy teaches them that they need to forgive their enemies.

Dayne is in love with Ka
Christy
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well written book! I love reading about the characters' lives, development, relationships, and faith. Even though I really did enjoy this book, in my opinion, it wasn't as good as the first book in this series
Kathy Bass
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!

As with every other book I have read in this series the only word to describe it is awesome! There were events that took place in it that were unexpected, but that's part of what keeps you interested and coming back for more!!
Kimberly
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So invested in these characters. Love her writing and how she shows God's will and path for them all, could use less rehashing.
Lisa  Auvigne
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love it
Vicky
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of very serious and emotional issues were addressed in this book. Not the happiest read, but the life's lessons portrayed were handled with compassion.
Angela
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So so so good!!! OMG! I could not put this down! This book had me in tears several times! WOW! So great and so uplifting!
Sherri
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Wow! What a touching and heartbreaking story! This one really touched my heart. Many tears were shed. Forgiveness is needed by all of us, the givers and the receivers.
Sharon Hart
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: karen-kingsbury
fantastic read!!!
MJ
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book about peace only coming after forgiveness. This follows the Baxter family and some in the Flanagan family.
Rebecca Ray
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book, Katy Hart is back where she belongs. Her flirting with Hollywood and Dayne Matthews is over. She goes back to enthusiastically and wholeheartedly working with the kids in Children Kids Theater group on their next performance. Suddenly, a tragedy brings Katy and the rest of the theater group to their knees in grief. They struggle with loss and with the need to forgive as they work through a new performance for their winter theater session.

Dayne Matthews is working on a new movie. He
She
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 2nd book of the Firstborn series is truly outstanding. I've seen a glimpse of where I've been before and where I stand now. I'm glad I followed through reading this series after the Redemption series. There is so many lessons shared in Karen Kingsbury's novels. I'm delighted with the stories.
Britni
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Firstborn Series is the series that follows those ones. I don't know which ones I liked more as they are are similar but different. While the Redemption Series follows a normal small-town family through their daily life, the Firstborn Series follows a famous movie star and his struggle to live the small-town family life. I devoured both sets of books quickly and luckily was able to pick up all but one of the books on PaperBackSwap. So I guess I won't choose my favorite, just say that I loved ...more
Tamara Tilley
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: karen-kingsbury, own
FORGIVEN, the second book in the Firstborn series definitely had the Karen Kingsbury spark I remember from books gone by.

Dayne Matthews, Hollywood heartthrob finds himself in a no win situation. His feelings for Katy Hart, a director of Christian children’s theater, go beyond infatuation. But he knows with the playboy label he’s been given by the press, to allow his connection to Katy to surface, would only ruin her reputation. It is because of his love for her, that he has no choice but to keep
Jodi
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sad story about a tragic death of two young children. Katy Hart was in charge of putting on a stage performance of Annie. She was doing tryouts and two families decided to go for ice cream after tryouts. One mother took four children for ice cream. A young kid crossed the center line and there was a head on collison. In the end two small children died, one from each family. The young performers at first were very angry and wanted revenge. Katy went to the jail and learned more about t ...more
  • Dawn's Light (Restoration, #4)
  • Leave a Candle Burning (Tucker Mills, #3)
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out
  • Sanctuary
  • Sunsets (Glenbrooke, #4)
Karen Kingsbury, #1 New York Times bestselling novelist, is America’s favorite inspirational storyteller, with more than twenty-five million copies of her award-winning books in print. Her last dozen titles have topped bestseller lists and many of her novels are under development with Hallmark Films and as major motion pictures. Her Baxter Family books are being developed into a TV series slated f ...more
More about Karen Kingsbury...

Firstborn (5 books)
  • Fame (Firstborn, #1)
  • Found (Firstborn, #3)
  • Family (Firstborn, #4)
  • Forever (Firstborn, #5)
“But the girl had captured his heart and mind and soul.” 1 likes
“But God had showed her where she needed to be, and the answer was clearer than water.” 1 likes