Start by marking “An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2)” as Want to Read:
An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2)

An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  3,882 Ratings  ·  163 Reviews
After he accidentally shoots a teenager at a tense standoff, FBI Hostage Rescue Team member Mark Sanders is sent to St. Louis to work as a field agent and get his bearings while the bad press starts to settle. Just weeks away from returning to Quantico to resume his work on the HRT, Mark has a chance encounter with an old flame, Emily Lawson. But their reunion is cut short ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published January 1st 2009)

Stefanie
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good novel from Irene Hannon!
This is book two of her Heroes of Quantico Series. I loved the storyline and the character, Emily, was so relatable.
Now, I liked book one a little more than this (book two) because it was a little more suspenseful compared to this book, but the story was still really good.
Second Chances, when received, are a blessing!
Sarita
From page one this romantic suspense kept me turning pages and on the edge of the seat to find out what was going on. I loved the way the suspense started, with 1 shooter, 2 possible victims and no clear way to know who was the target. I enjoyed reading all the clues and following the evidence with Mark and Coop and enjoyed when suddenly everything made sense.

Irene always reveal the killer/culprit early in her books. I've come to enjoy this as the motive is only revealed later and she does a gre
Hannah
The second installment in this series is just as good as the first! I was especially eager to read this when I realized from an ad in the back of Hannon's new book, Thin Ice, that Mark Sanders is a character in that book also. So I knew I had to read this before reading that one. Now I'm really looking forward to the last book of this series.

I always enjoy Hannon's thrillers. This one was one of my favorites so far, with spunky Emily and valiant Mark. The bad guy wasn't excessively cree
Staci
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
As you might surmise from the title, book two of the Heroes of Quantico involves a villain that believes in an eye for an eye. It's certainly interesting (and frightening) to see how God's word can be interpreted by some.

An Eye for an Eye is Mark's story. Unlike Coop's story, this novel is set in St. Louis. Next up, Nick's story. I look forward to reading the conclusion of the series.
Ruth
Sep 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Eye for an Eye is my first Irene Hannon read, and it definitely won’t be my last. A couple of years ago I absolutely fell in love with Dee Henderson’s romantic suspense novels, particularly the O’Malley Series, which featured a set of siblings, each involved in a high-profile, intense, fascinating career. It’s been a bit of a search for me to find other books that match the “gold standard” set by the O’Malley series - comparable, equally absorbing romantic suspense novels that feature just th ...more
Cheryl Olson
Mar 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in the Heroes of Quantico series- "An Eye for an Eye" by Irene Hannon follows along the same vein as her first book in this series. There's FBI agent Mark Sanders working as a field agent in St. Louis after accidently shooting a teenager in a robbery gone wrong and taking some time away from Quantico to deal with some of the emotional fallout from the shooting. While in St. Louis, he accidently runs into an old girlfriend, his first love in fact, Emily Lawson. Unfortunately during this ch ...more
Ariel Jameson
An eye for an eye was a good. I enjoyed it maybe not as much as the last book in the series but it was still good. It of course was the normal suspense christian romance type book, which can be summed up in one word, predictable. Man and woman meet or become reunited, they are attracted to each other, something scary and life threatening to one of them, they learn to rely on the Lord, and take down the bad guys. SO if you like this type of book then you will like this, though not her best work i ...more
Apr 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: AN EYE FOR AN EYE
Author: Irene Hannon
Publisher: Revell Publishing
October 2009
ISBN: 978-0-8007-3311-7
Genre: Inspirational/suspense

FBI agent Mark Sanders has been transferred to the St. Louis office to allow the dust to settle following the tragic conclusion to a hostile robbery attempt. While there, he reconnects with his “first love,” Emily Lawson, just seconds before a sniper turns his rifle in their direction.

As Agent Sanders and his fellow operators work the case with their usual pro
Lisa
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was eager to see if this book was able to match the caliber of "Against All Odds" - it did so and then some! One thing that I liked from the start is that the three main characters (the "Heroes of Quantico") are again all featured throughout the novel.A surprise reunion after a twenty year absence, the loss of a loved on "in the line of duty", and feelings of guilt following two horrific accidents all are central to the development of this story. Mark's shooting accident (which occurred after ...more
Tamara Tilley
Irene Hannon has done it again. AN EYE FOR AN EYE, the second book in the Heroes of Quantico series, continues where AGAINST ALL ODDS leaves off.

Mark Sanders, a member of the FBI Hostage Rescue Team finds himself in St. Louis recovering from an accidental shooting. While he debates his future and the emotional fallout from a botched rescue attempt, he runs into Emily Lawson, his childhood sweetheart. Their chance meeting in a park turns from nostalgia to sniper fire. Both Emily and Mark are hit
Tammy Doherty
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Irene Hannon's style is thoroughly enjoyable for someone who likes suspense and mystery. The back cover blurb presents the plot as a question of which one the killer is after - Mark or Emily? The opening shooting scene sets it up perfectly for either one to be the target. But it becomes clear very early in the story which one the killer is after. His reasons come out slowly, there is no information dump with his story. For Mark and Emily, sometimes information comes in chunks but flows naturally ...more
Julie Graves
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads, christian
Mark and Emily haven't seen each other for 20 years. They fell in love the summer they both spent at Wren Lake. They lost touch with each other after that summer, but never seemed to forget their first love.

A chance meeting in the park brings them together again. While making arrangements to get together someone shoots at them. The shooter injures Emily.

The question is who was the shooter's actual target. Was it Mark who is on the Hostage Rescue Team? Could it be a criminal that he had put behi
Melanie
May 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The beginning of 'An Eye For An Eye' is about Mark Sander who after an accidental shooting in a cafe, which kills the cashier, is sent to St. Louis to work as a field agent while the bad press settles. While there he meets his first love, Emily Lawson who is now a psychologist, during a jog in a park. Their reunion is cut short...by a sniper. Emily is shot but it's not clear who was the intended target - Mark or Emily.

The book continues with both Emily and Mark feeling attraction for each other
Patti
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. The story itself could have been very good but I had to drop the rating because the woman, Emily, was a committed Christian and when she met up with a "lost love", Mark, he fully admitted, almost immediately, that he didn't believe anymore. It was brought up a couple more times & his response stayed the same. Yet, when Emily would think through & debate the reasons she should not get involved with Mark NEVER once did she mention their differences in belief. By the end he had s ...more
Donna (More Than a Review)
I have enjoyed every book I have read by Irene Hannon. She is one of my favorite authors. I really liked Mark and Emily. They are well developed characters and the story line has intense suspense. I really wasn't sure who they were shooting at. It is one of those books you do not want to put down once you start reading...
You can see my full review at More Than a Review dot com where I rate the level of sex, violence, language and drug/alcohol use in books.
Christine
It was a nice light read. I got 3/4 of the way through and took a break (it had gotten a little ho hum). I picked up a completely different genre book. After finishing that one, I continued An Eye for an Eye and thoroughly enjoyed the last 1/4.
Charity U
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book! I didn't like that the main girl was named Emily...not a strong enough name. However, other than that, I enjoyed it! Flying through all the Irene Hannon books I can get my hands on... <3
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-suspense
Mark Sanders is in recovery.

His physical wounds from a convenience store shooting are just about healed, but the mental ones are taking a bit longer. He's been sent to St. Louis to get away and heal.

One morning, he's running in a park and "runs into" (couldn't resist) someone he hasn't seen in 20 years - Emily Lawson. They were an item one summer and eventually fell out of touch. As they stand there talking, shots ring out. Emily ends up shot in the arm and the question becomes, who was shootin
Crystal
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After being temporarily transferred to the St. Louise office, FBI Hostage Rescue Team member, Mark Sanders had planned on simply being patient while the storm back home settled after a botched robbery intervention. However, he did not expect to encounter his first love in a park one day, Emily Lawson. Nor was he expecting her life to be in danger. When a sniper's fire is determined to have been aimed at Emily, Mark vies to keep her safe even if his heart is on the line.

Hannon does not disappoint
Mary Beth
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A scary journey into a stress damaged human psyche.

Mark and Emily had a summer romance 20 years ago. They meet again on a secluded walking path in the park, only to chance permanent separation when Emily is shot by an unknown assailant. Mark, an FBI agent, works with highs people to determine who is behind the shooting, who the target was, and protect himself and Emily from any further attempts on their lives.

There is also a deep look into forgiveness and how it can affect your life and the live
Amy
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Christian romance with elements of suspense. The beginning takes off with a bang (literally) but then bogs down in lots of internal dialogue and sitting around waiting for the killer to strike. The ending picked up speed briefly but then just sort of trailed off. Lots of religious material on redemption and some parts on religious fanaticism that made the story feel rather contradictory. Just didn't get into this one.
Violence, no sex, mild language.
Caron Pescatore
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book I've read by this author, and I can now say with confidence that I am a Hannon fan. I first met the H of this book, Mark Sanders, when I read Fatal Judgment. Mark was the FBI agent who headed up the investigation of the murder attempt against Liz, the h of that book. I was intrigued by a comment Mark made about almost losing his wife a year previous, to a sniper, and immediately set out to ascertain whether or not Mark had his own story. I was completely delighted to learn ...more
Tanx
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this is nice, it isn't as good as the first book of the series. This focused more on romance and internal dialogue instead of the fast-paced suspense that was the hallmark of book 1.

Book 2 is recommended if you like to take your time, slowly chew through the themes of trusting God & letting go of your fears. It is not action-packed.
Misty Wilson
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book in the series! Mark & Emily story was beautiful and touching. Young love isn’t always forgotten even when years have passed. It also gave a good rendering of how devastating grief can be if not allowed to happen.
Wendy Hearder-moan
I still have one more of these on hand so I guess I will read it but I’m already wondering if the FBI guy in every book will find God AND get the girl. Judging by the author’s huge fan club, this seems to be a formula that appeals to many, but for me, I think it will quickly lose its appeal.
Jessica
Wowza this was intense! It was good to see Coop but I wish we could have seen Monica too. But all in all this was crazy awesome! The mystery of who the intended target is and the love story combined to make a very fun, stay up all night read. Excited for the next one.
Caryl
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-challenge
This series keeps getting better! I was immediately drawn into the story. The danger, intrigue and handsome FBI agents kept me turning the pages. I LOVE Irene Hannon's stories!
Cary
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick delicious read with strong characters who fall slowly back in love as they learn to trust their heart.
Sappy and predictable
Elmo
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
  • True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3)
  • Flee the Night (Team Hope, #1)
  • Digitalis (Discarded Heroes #2)
Irene Hannon, who writes both contemporary romance and romantic suspense, is the author of more than 50 novels. Her books have been honored with three coveted RITA awards from Romance Writers of America (the “Oscar” of romance fiction) and she is a member of that organization's elite Hall of Fame. She has also received a Career Achievement award from RT Book Reviews for her entire body of work. Ot ...more
More about Irene Hannon

Heroes of Quantico (3 books)
  • Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico, #1)
  • In Harm's Way (Heroes of Quantico, #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Last Passenger
  • The Thief
  • From the Cradle
  • Intrusion
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Two to Die For (Lucy Kincaid, #12.5; Max Revere, #3.5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To the Grave (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • If Tomorrow Comes
    $12.74 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Into the Darkest Corner
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Dragon's Triangle (The Shipwreck Adventures #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The End of Temperance Dare
  • Skewed
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unintended Consequences (Innocent Prisoners Project #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Girl Number One
  • No Time To Blink
  • Long May She Reign
  • What You Wish For
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Detachment (John Rain, #7)
  • Don't Get Caught
  • Disappearance at Devil's Rock
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Fallout
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Boy Who Stole from the Dead (Nadia Tesla, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Kindred (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery, #5)
  • The Informationist
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Local Girl Missing
  • Finding Jake
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Violent Crimes (Amanda Jaffe, #5)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Temporary Agent (The Agent #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Punishment (Detective Barnes, #1)
  • Terminal Rage
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Lonely Resurrection (John Rain #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Killer Ascendant (John Rain #6)
  • A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Sunday Silence (Frieda Klein, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Last Queen of England (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Graveyard of Memories (John Rain, #8)
  • Pretty Girls
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • Before You Leap
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Strike (Dewey Andreas, #6)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
  • The Tenth Justice
    $7.74 $1.99
  • An Invisible Client
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Eight
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Sin and Swoon (Blood and Bone, #2)
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stay Dead (Elise Sandburg #2)
  • The Company of Demons
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Fifth Letter
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sacred and Profane (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Altar Girl (Nadia Tesla #0.5)
  • Darkness
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Redemption Games (John Rain #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Dry (Aaron Falk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • City of the Lost (Casey Duncan, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • City of Stairs (The Divine Cities, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Case Histories (Jackson Brodie #1)
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Crow Trap (Vera Stanhope, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Florida Roadkill (Serge Storms Mystery, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett, #1)
  • If I Run (If I Run #1)
  • Jar City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Power Down (Dewey Andreas, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Poacher's Son (Mike Bowditch, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Accused (Rosato & DiNunzio, #1)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Edge of Apocalypse (The End, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Map of Bones (Sigma Force, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Duty To The Dead (Bess Crawford, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Baltimore Blues  (Tess Monaghan, #1)
  • Tips for Living
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Boy from Reactor 4 (Nadia Tesla, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Lost Empress (Genealogical Crime Mystery, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Hounded (An Andy Carpenter Novel)
  • Girls on Fire
  • The Back Road
  • The Other Widow
    $9.24 $1.99
  • Suckers (Jack Daniels and Associates)
    $3.99 $0.99
“Doubts can lead to deeper faith by forcing us to look more closely at what we believe. And why.” 21 likes