Start by marking “Le Baiser du Mal (Riley Jenson, #2)” as Want to Read:
Le Baiser du Mal (Riley Jenson, #2)

Le Baiser du Mal (Riley Jenson Guardian #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  14,860 Ratings  ·  502 Reviews
Lorsque Riley se réveille nue et couverte de bleus dans une ruelle abandonnée, elle n'a qu'un choix à faire : fuir pour sauver sa peau. Mais pour cette bombe anatomique moitié loup-garou, moitié vampire, les ennuis ne font que commencer. Tandis qu'anciens amants et vieux ennemis lui courent après, elle sait qu'elle affronte là un nouveau genre de criminel. Car son sang rec ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published April 9th 2010 by Milady (first published January 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Le Baiser du Mal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Le Baiser du Mal

Maria
Jul 08, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone taking a long bath
Shelves: junkfood, sf
"Whatcha reading?"
"A trashy mystery-romance about a vampire-werewolf."
"How trashy?"
"Well, I'm on page 50, and she's already had sex with a horse. Twice."
Tilly Slaton
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kissing Sin is a story about a sexually confident and provacative woman who is half werewolf half vampire. Filled with some serious love and sexual triangles, Kissing Sin is the second book in the Riley Jenson Guardian series by Keri Arthur.

A fairly comparable series to Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake; Vampire Hunter... Arthur has left me smiling and never wanting or unsatisfied.

Anita Blake is a .. well we won't go *there* ... Basically she struggles with a paranormal curse that forces her to scr
Mersina Seena
Dec 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mersina Seena by: Heidi
3.5 Out of 5

With the first book I felt the same when it came to Riley and her sexual needs. I couldn’t not get past the whole wolf and the moon and the mating. I agree with Quinn it is down right slutty, and I had issues with it and I still do.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a great book and a fantastic read and the author does a great job, but the need Riley gets. And her fucking (sorry bout the crude way I have put it but that’s how it is) every tom dick and Harry is just down right whoring.

Put a
Shera (Book Whispers)
It's back baby, and better then ever! Riley wakes up naked in a strange city. She's unaware how she got there, but soon finds out she's been missing for a while and is in a hidden laboratory/experimental facility. What's nice about this second installment is that the full moon has already passed and Arthur shows off her skills, blowing readers away with this crazy plot. The gene/cloning experiments are down right chilling in many parts of the book. Makes me want to start protesting gene experime ...more
Psychomacologist
I wasn't keen on this book for a number of reasons, but primarily because of all the sex. I mean, there is a lot of sex. I get that Urban Fantasy typically features sex scenes and that's fine, but I felt Kissing Sin veered too often and too enthusiastically into outright erotica. If you don't mind a lot of sex (at inappropriate times, in inappropriate places, and with implausibly well-hung horses) then this book is probably more to your taste than mine.

I find Keri Arthur's world fascinating in p
Karyn
Mar 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 new characters in this book. Kade, the horse shifter (who i really like by the way because he's simple no-nonsense and fun) and Kellen who i'm sure will play a bigger part in the books to come.
What i liked in this book was that Riley is growing into a stronger character. And there's isnt that much of the 'hormones jumping ahead of the brain' as there was in the first book.
Quinn is back, and most probably its going to be a while (meaning atleast antoher book or two) before they get sorted out.
Felicia
Again, not my fave series, but I enjoyed it and as I said in the review of #1, her writing gets better as each book goes along. I love redheaded characters too, hehe.
Schultzies
Nov 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Riley has all the luck when it comes to men! She’s got a hot and hung horseshifter named Kade after her. Then there’s the uber sexy Alpha wolf named Kellan who knows how to serve her coffee well! That scene at the charity event was a sexy one! And then there’s her former vampire paramour, Quinn who loves to wear burgundy sweaters. Did anyone notice that at all? He’s always wearing that color!

Anyways, I really enjoyed this book! And despite the fact that Riley gets some-some (Actually, she gets A
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
I am completely in love with this series. Riley is a kickass heroine and the men in her life are just delicious. In this book we get introduced to Kade the horseshifter - totally yummy. Another new character, Kellen the alpha wolf......not sure if I'm totally on board with him yet but he does have potential. But, Quinn is still my man. The story-line continues to keep me captivated and I can't wait to continue the journey with these great characters!! First read 6/24-6/25/12

Second read 1/5-1/8/1
Amanda The Book Slayer
Superb Sequel to Full Moon Rising.

Positives:

*Quinn is back in trying to win Riley over. YEA!!!! Who doesn't love a sexy vamp.
*Throw in Kade a hott! horse shifter with ties to gov. and Riley goes crazy.
*End of the line for Misha but you come to love him for who he is.
*Relationships bloom, plenty of action with Riley taking the lead for most of it, and tying up some loose ends.

Negatives:

*I think it is sad that she chooses not to have kids, but I understand why.
*You will want to have Tempting Evil
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Summary
Riley Jenson's world has twirled out of order, when she wakes up disoriented and with no memory of the past month. She finds herself assaulted sexually, and seeking escape from where she has been captured. Along the way she stumbles across another shifter....a horse shifter and the heat escalates between them. When Riley returns home, she finds herself drawn into a evil plot where the enemy keeps seeking her and attempting to kil
Serena.. Sery-ously?
Non posso credere che ho tolto ore di sonno preziose per questo schifo ._.

Non appena saremo in salvo, ho intenzione di scoparti fino a farti perdere i sensi. DUE righe campione per mostrare il degrado del libro e la volgarità dell'autrice (il concetto poteva essere espresso in altri duemila modi..).
Il libro è praticamente tutto così, inframezzato -ogni tanto- con un po' di azione e dialoghi idioti.
Eccoci dunque al secondo match che vede in campo la nostra licantropo-vampira.
La povera, dolce, ama
K~Terror
Rating: ☆☆☆.5

While I mostly enjoyed this book, I have to say the series still hasn't totally grabbed me and sucked me in yet. Although I can't complain about the start of the book as it begins with Riley waking up naked in a strange place, needing to escape from her captures, and finds herself being contained along with other shifters, including a mighty fine new love interest, Kade. (Kade, the horse-shifter, who is apparently hung like one.) ;)

There's plenty of action and I found the plot inte
PepperP0t
4.5stars
I confess I was reluctant to start this read because I wasn't really a fan of the first installment. But I was challenged to read it and was glad I did. Although this entry also had quite a bit of sex that wasn't my real issue with book one. However, there was less sex and it didn't seemed to be used as page filler or scene transition. There was quite a lot for me this time out with action, romance, sex, mystery and drama in heaping shovelfuls. Or maybe it was extremely lower expectation
KarenF
Jan 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, own
The ending is what got this rounded up to 4 stars. Prior to the last 20 pages or so it was in the 3.5 rounded down range, instead of the rounded up range. But I'm a bit of a sucker for an emotional ending so 4 it is. Love/hate is too strong a word for how I feel about these books, it's closer to annoyed/like. I get annoyed by Riley and the wolf sex thing. Honestly, I have no issue with sex in life or in books whatever consenting adults want to get up to is cool with me. But really, if actual wol ...more
Abby
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges
I have to say I Really Love Riley. This book was awesome. I loved the introduction of Kade and thought he was sweetest guy EVER and a part of me was hoping that they would get together lol. I mean really, (view spoiler) . Quinn is just really starting to piss me off to no end, but at the same time , him being a vampire I c ...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Kissing Sin continues the story started in Full Moon Rising as Dhampire Riley gets closer to the true identity behind all the gene research, cloning and cross-breeding experiments. The price Misha asks for his information is high but Riley will do anything to stop them coming after her for her unique DNA.

I was worried at first that it was going to be one of those series where she has a different man each time, and Quinn wouldn't be making another appearance. But thankfully it's not like that at
Pete
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After having read Full Moon Rising, the promiscuity known, Riley is a fun kick butt gal that goes where she wants, does who she wants, enjoys the lustier side of life and is learning more about her powers as a supernatural being. Her brother Rhoan is equally kool, and their bickering is quite amusing.

Since monogamous relationships don’t work with werewolves, the story often revolves around the arguments between Riley and some that are wanting sexual faithfulness when it wouldn’t even work for he
Bex
Dec 21, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
I'll start off by saying if you are not a fan of your characters having sex with random people, then this is not the series for you. I enjoy the plot of this series with the cross breeding labs, clones, and government agencies. My only problem is that it is a bit confusing. The one chance we get to shed some light on things is from a person that isn't allowed to speak about anything. So all we get is cryptic nonsense. There is a bit of resolution, but overall the plot hasn't progressed much from ...more
Carolyn F.
Re-read by audiobook. I also have the paperback. Okay now I flip-flopped about Quinn. I don't know how he can take it. Riley doesn't just have sex willy-nilly, she's having sex with a guy Quinn thinks of as a rival before he and Riley even had sex. I don't know how he can take it. Riley keeps saying that she wants to find her soul mate, but if you have sex with him and he's not it, move along little doggy. Don't make Quinn suffer more. Anyway, that's my 3 cents.

Original review 01/27/10Love thes
Lorre
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic story, great charachters but throughout the book I wasn't really sure I would continue the series because Riley was raped again while in a coma and she had to have sex with 2 people to get information. All this forced sex kinda ruined the story for me but I'll read on for now because I want to know the rest of the story.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Kade. Hung like a horse. HAHA. I don't know about you, but waking up naked in an alley is generally not a good thing. And why isn't Rhoan doing more for Riley? Things go to hell in a hand basket very quickly. I good second book and makes me want the third one bad.
Dec 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg...Riley Jenson is the biggest ho. I like her though. The action/danger element in this one is high - as is the copious amounts of non-descriptive sex Riley has. Quinn is a whiny bitch; I think and Kellan is someone she should go for - definitely. I love Rhoan and Lisander, they're fabulous!
Starry
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
archdandy
After reading the first book in this serie I wasn't particularly wowed. I was kind of bored reading the first one, but I thought I would give the series another try. After all the first books in a series usually aren't as good as the rest.

I'm going to start off by saying that there were some aspects of the book that I did like. One of them being the way the story started off. I liked how we were thrust into the confusion and chaos of the situation that Riley was in. And I loved the breakout with
Miraphora
Questa volta sono stata costretta a non dare il voto massimo, e sinceramente me ne dispiace un pò. Il primo romanzo mi era piaciuto davvero tanto e anche questo seguito è molto piacevole però, purtroppo, c'è una sensazione di inconsistenza della trama che lascia leggermente l'amaro in bocca. Sembra quasi che non succeda niente per tutto il romanzo, anche se in realtà qualcosa accade.
Tanto per cominciare la trama del primo romanzo è strettamente legata a questa, per cui sarebbe meglio leggerli v
Vannessa
I'm slowly doing a re-read of this series as I didn't get to the end of it before buying them all again for my Kindle and am still loving it! I know a lot of other readers have an issue with Riley and her sexual needs, but as she says, it's just sex! Sex that she needs to survive and to prevent her from going mad with the bloodlust during the moon dance each month, but it's not love and she understands that. She is also very open about her sexual encounters and knows that she is still looking fo ...more
Shelley
Storyline: Vampire/Werewolf hybrid Riley Jensen wakes up on what she later learns is a breeding ground where gene manipulation, cloning and creating cross-species is practiced even though it is against the law. They want Riley because she is one of the few cross species that survived. She escapes with the help of a horse shifter and finds herself plunged into the heart of the Directorate investigation to find and stop the people who are conducting such research. She barely escapes with her life ...more
  • Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4)
  • Possession (Blood Ties, #2)
  • Rogue (Shifters, #2)
  • On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #2)
  • Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4)
  • Night's Cold Kiss (Dark Brethren, #1)
  • Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2)
  • Mona Lisa Craving (Monère: Children of the Moon, #3)
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5)
  • Eternal Hunger (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #3)
  • Blood Lines (World of the Lupi, #3)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
  • Retribution (Anna Strong Chronicles, #5)
  • Private Demon (Darkyn #2)
Keri Arthur, author of the New York Times bestselling Riley Jenson, Guardian series, has now written more than 25 books. She's received several nominations in the Best Contemporary Paranormal category of the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards, and recently won RT's Career Achievement Award for urban fantasy. She lives in Melbourne with her daughter and two crazy dogs
More about Keri Arthur...

Riley Jenson Guardian (9 books)
  • Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian #1)
  • Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian #3)
  • Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian #4)
  • Embraced by Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian #5)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Riley Jenson Guardian #6)
  • Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian #7)
  • Bound to Shadows (Riley Jenson Guardian #8)
  • Moon Sworn (Riley Jenson Guardian, #9)
“Which meant I got left with Quinn yet again. Given the time he was taking to make his decision, I wasn't exactly happy about that. I mean, putting me with him was like flashing chocolate my way then telling me I couldn't have it. It was just plain mean.” 36 likes
“One thing more I must tell you.
For the longest time, the only emotion I have ever felt was the hunger to succeed. Then I met you.
Is love the desire—no, the need—to be with that person, whatever the cost? Does it cause the rue of rage when you see that person with another? Does it make you ache to hold her, to whisper things that sound foreign and strange to your tongue? Does it make you wish for things you know can never be?
I haven't the answers, Riley. In all that I've learned over the years, no one has ever mentioned a force such as this. But whatever it is, I feel it for you.
We would have been good together.

Written by Misha.”