Start by marking “Write It in Arabic: A Work Book and Step-By-Step Guide to Writing the Arabic Alphabet” as Want to Read:

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Write it in Arabic is an alphabet guide and workbook which offers a hands-on approach to learning Arabic. The book covers the 28 letters of the Arabic alphabet, numbers, vowel marks and handwriting. This workbook includes plenty of examples that teach how to read and write the Arabic script, guides students through the pronunciation of each letter while introducing them to ...more
Published October 19th 2004 by Fun with Arabic (first published May 31st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Write It in Arabic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Write It in Arabic

Liz
Dec 18, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: languages
I really wanted to like this slim book, from the indie press, with the palm tree cover and the way it's designed to open and be read like actual Arabic books (rather than the majority of beginner's Arabic books, designed to open and be read the way English books are). But if I hadn't already learned the alphabet in an Arabic class, I would be learning the language through this book, not realizing its several pitfalls.

For one thing, it transliterates some words with double letters, but doesn't t
Itai
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm using this to teach the alphabet to a couple of my Hebrew students who are beginning the study of Modern Standard Arabic. While there are some minor problems, since they are learning from a person and the book is just a tool, I am pretty sure I can work around whatever short-comings Ghali's book might have (such as waiting until the middle of the book to introduce the vowels and other diacritics). There is so much I like about this thin volume, it's a pleasure to use.
Omar
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a nice little workbook. Sure it doesn't get too detailed, but I used this to practice writing arabic script and picking up some basic vocab + a familiarity with everyday handwriting. The explanations given about each letter, as well as common handwriting, were very easy to understand. Next, I may explore Naglaa's book on grammar.
Elisabeth
Aug 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: language
Would give this five stars, except that she teaches the Egyptian pronunciation of letters (e.g. hard 'g' for ج instead of the soft 'j' used by all other dialects, let alone classical Arabic), so can be confusing for beginners who are unaware of dialectical differences, or looking to learn classical Arabic. Otherwise, a great little resource!
Donna
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: students of arabic
Recommended to Donna by: found it online
An excellent beginner's guide. It got me reading arabic in a couple of weeks! Some great activities for learning the phonics and certain vocabulary letter by letter.
Rick