Start by marking “Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living” as Want to Read:
Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living

Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living

This book covers complete delineations of all the major transits - conjunction, sextile, square, trine and opposition - that occur between transiting Sun, Moon and all planets to each planet in the natal chart and the Ascendant and Midheaven, as well as complete delineations of each planet transiting each house of the natal chart. These 720 lucid delineations are full of i ...more
Published May 1st 2002 by Schiffer Publishing (first published December 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Planets in Transit, please sign up.
Jacqueline Bigar Planets in Transit is an excellent study of the planets as they travel through houses and also touch other planets. It is complete and maybe to some p…morePlanets in Transit is an excellent study of the planets as they travel through houses and also touch other planets. It is complete and maybe to some people not literal enough,. I find the book right on.(less)

Start your review of Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
Jeanne
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a fundamental book for the study of astrology, as good now, as it was 25 years ago. Robert Hand is both brilliant and able to set out complex astrological themes in a clear and simple form.
Jonathan Martin
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My so-called 'transit bible' has been invaluable in my astrological studies and in determining the cycles and patterns in my life - and the lives of others! The sheer amount of information and interpretation gathered here is impressive, smartly written and provides sound advice for delving deeper into the psychology of one's mind. It provides a sense of reassurance and inspiration, particularly during difficult periods, as we come to realise everything flows in cycles, nothing lasts forever and ...more
Dante x
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Only interpretation book I've used for 20 years
Natali
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve taken to carrying this book around the house, in my car, on trips. It is an amazingly insightful reference guide to transits in your natal astrology chart. Hand begins by making the point that transits are not meant to predict your future. They are meant to help you create your own reality based on the energies of support or challenge. This is not old-world fortune telling. It is new-world personal empowerment, even though this book is quite old now. I kind of wish it were an app of its own ...more
Danny
Oct 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I picked this up because of the author, however I was not impressed. Robert Hand's later Medieval and Classical astrology works are much better.
Jillian
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
Every serious astrologer needs this on their shelf. I appreciate how Hand states the most difficult transits and the possible more evolved expressions. I also like how Hand describes minor aspects with details.
Georgina
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
Simple, straightforward education about the transits. It doesn't get easier or wiser than this~
Sara Shipman
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolute classic.
Predrag
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Guide for life cycles unfoldement.
Lauren Thyme
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must-have for all astrologers!!

Hand is brilliant, concise and articulate.
C.J.
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book to refer to when working with transits.
Will Harrison
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I utilize this book all the time & will do so for the rest of my life :) I've had this for about 4 years or so, an essential tool for any Tropical astrologer & one that gives more & more as time goes on...I still haven't read every word here since some transits we don't experience until way later in life (if at all) but I look forward to exploring all this tome has to offer :) ...more
Ellen
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a classic that should be on every astrologers' bookshelf. It's a great reference work for learning to think about the possible meaning of transits, though it needs to be read in conjunction with the birth chart, an essential point that gets far too little emphasis.
Austin
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The bible for transits, although transits don't actually make predictions, they can show you how you will feel about your life at that given phase. It's an important read and reference for any budding astrologer!
雨 刘
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
THE transit book
Hazel
Oct 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a good reference book for both students and practicing astrologers.
Allison Fox
Jul 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Robert Hand is a mega-genius.
Ann M
Oct 08, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
A very good introduction to planetary transits. Hand gives you food for thought -- astrology is a very participative science.
Aaron Meyer
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
A classic work for the Astrological shelf. Pretty necessary.
Ty
Mar 18, 2013

• The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark
  • Planets in Aspect: Understanding Your Inner Dynamics
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • The Luminaries: The Psychology of the Sun and Moon in the Horoscope, Vol 3
  • Hellenistic Astrology: The Study of Fate and Fortune
  • Chiron and the Healing Journey: An Astrological and Psychological Perspective
  • Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • Chart Interpretation Handbook: Guidelines for Understanding the Essentials of the Birth Chart
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: Basic Principles
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Planets in Houses: Experiencing Your Environment
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • The Gods of Change: Pain, Crisis, and the Transits of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto
Robert Sterling Hand (born December 5, 1942) is an American astrologer, author, translator, and lecturer, who received the Regulus Award for his life's work at the "United Astrology Conference" in Denver in 2008