Start by marking “The Way to God” as Want to Read:
The Way to God

The Way to God

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  243 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Stop looking for God in all the wrong places! Through lively anecdotes and biblical teaching, D. L. Moody leads you along the path to God and His glory. As you learn of God's love for you, your life will be wonderfully changed and miraculously blessed. Come and discover the way to God.
Published December 1st 2010 by Whitaker Distribution (first published June 1983)

To ask other readers questions about The Way to God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way to God

Kristel
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
Written in the 1800s these essays or sermons are still great.I enjoyed these easy to understand but deep Christian messages by D.L.Moody. I really will need to listen to it again soon because there was so much there. Any Christian can use the truths that are found here and any one seeking or questioning their relationship with God will find direction and peace.
Patrick S.
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: salvation
This is one of the first times I've know more about an author of theology before reading any of his work. From what I know of Moody, his writing style reflects how he spoke. This work isn't deeply theological but it deals with areas of theology involving salvation. Moody is not reformed in his theology but that's only evident a little bit. For the most part this book is a call for immediate and complete repentance. Moody's attitude to sometimes says he doesn't know a subject is honest and refres ...more
Kevyn Monier
The book had its moments!!

The book was a pretty good read. The book had its moments and at times it dragged a bit. However, in the end, I did learn somethings that help me gain a greater understanding of my LORD Savior Jesus Christ.
Lisa
Sep 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
I like how he spoke of John 7:17- “If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.” In his book he said “If a man is not willing to do the will of God he will knot know the doctrine. If a man is willing to turn from sin and take the light and thank Him for what He does give, and not expect to have light on the whole Bible all at once, he will get more light by day by day and slowly progress and be led right out of darkness into the ...more
Betsy
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book is a must-have, in my opinion, for all Christians and seekers. Please read it if you haven't. It's available for free on Amazon for your Kindle. Inspiring, insightful personal stories interspersed with explanations of biblical truths. The first chapter on the love of God and the last couple of chapters on reassurance and backsliding were my favorites, but the entire book is a gem! If you have questions about the Christian faith or if you simply need clarification and reassurance, ...more
Blubbyhueyling
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am holding a very old book... ;P but the content is just so fresh!

7th Feb. 2012. I am happy that I finally finished the book. It touches on most of all basic aspects of Christian's life. Moody has presented all the fundamental truth of Christianity. What touched me the most is on faith. If you have faith, you believe. It is not an emotional thing, but a a sure thing. Surely this has strengthen mine.

Although it is an old book, but the content is really applicable for today's challenging life.
GREGG  CORDELL
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read and I did like it but it's not one of those books you pick up and read from front to back in a couple of days so I read it when I had time . I am a firm believer that everyone has a right to believe in who or what they want . I was raised in believing in God so that is why I read the book. Now if it was good or bad that will be up to you I mainly read space , war and things like that.
Josh Miller
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A simple read and yet don't discount the simplicity of this book! Profound eternal truths are wrapped in and around multiple Scripture passages and teamed up with many personal illustrations. I really enjoyed the book. The last chapter on Backsliding gave some tremendous insight on that subject along with an appeal to the wandering one.

This book is in Public Domain so it is free for any and all to read!
peter sterczela
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful commentary on the love of God

D.L. Moody writes with such compassion and conviction as he explains God's plan for the sinner and the backsliden Christian. His bible references together with his personal stories gently explain the truth of God's Word. Add this one to your Christian Classics Library.
Dwayne T. Wiegand
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enlightening

For all that is wandering, most of all returning to the church, Dwight definitely knows his audience. With his wisdom and guiding hand, this read will answer your questions.
Constance
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though the book was written over a hundred years ago, it is still relevant today. God is the same yesterday, today and forever and this book is evident of that. Discover or re-discover the truth of what God has for us and why.
Fabian Lopez
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enlightening

The illustrations are really great and help to illuminate the Biblical truth Moody is presenting to his audience. It's easy to read and very encouraging. Please take the opportunity to read this.
George Hunger
This is a nice compilation of sermons from the great D.L. Moody. It is easy to read and gives the reader a good idea of Moody's theology, style, and emphasis on bringing lost people back into relationship with a loving God.
Beverly Steinhardt
excellent book. lots to think about
Marr
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book for newly born again Christians
Rebeca Russell
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Timely

Awesome book even though it was written long ago. He had great wisdom and insight into God. Inspiring and honest book.

Jorge
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, presents most important topics of Christian life in an intellectual and attention-grabbing manner, inviting readers to fully experience a Christian lifestyle.
Brandon J Hadley
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sound Biblical

This is great book. Moody provides sound biblical teaching while conveying his great love for Christ and the salvation of others.
Kevin
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
:D <-- This is what I look like after having finished this book.
Charles Moore
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspired of God!

The Holy Spirit of God is reflected in this work. If you desire to be purified read this. If you desire to follow Christ...
Charles Areson
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an interesting book to better understand DL Moody.
Jerome
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is excellent truth compiled from sermons given by Moody. I highlighted this book a lot!
Tim
Jun 05, 2014
Mir
rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2017
  • Knowing the Truth About Jesus the Messiah (Defenders Series)
  • The Weapon of Prayer
  • The Great Doctrines of the Bible
  • The Master's Indwelling
  • God Can't Sleep: Waiting for Daylight On Life's Dark Nights
  • Vegetarian Recipes For Meat Eaters: Flexitarian Diet Recipes For People Who Can’t Give Up Meat (Vol. 3)
  • What Can I Bring? Cookbook
  • Bacon & Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
  • God's Supernatural Power in You
  • Daily Scripture Reading and Meditation: 31 Bible Verses on Love - To Remind You - You Are God's Beloved! (Daily Devotional)
  • Miracles: A Journalist Looks at Modern Day Experiences of God's Power
  • Smoothie Cravings: Essential Advice & Healthy Green Smoothie Recipes to Help You Lose Weight, Detox, Fight Disease and Boost Your Energy
  • Smoothie Power! Recipes for Weight Loss, Vitality, & the Occasional Super Power
  • Intermediate Perl
  • Head First JavaScript Programming
  • Do You See What I See?: Exploring the Christmas of Every Day
  • Speaking JavaScript
  • Pulling Down Strongholds
Dwight Lyman Moody was a predominant evangelist, author, and publisher. Raised on a farm in Massachusetts, he moved first to Boston, where he converted to evangelical Christianity in 1856, and then to Chicago, where he prospered in business. He gave up business in 1860 and engaged in missionary work with the YMCA (186173).

He founded Moody Church and preached in the slums, emphasizing literal inte
More about Dwight L. Moody...
“To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, is simply to take Him at His word.” 1 likes
“Christ said to Nicodemus: “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” You may see many countries; but there is one country—the land of Beulah, which John Bunyan saw in vision—you shall never behold, unless you are born again—regenerated by Christ. You can look abroad and see many beautiful trees; but the tree of life, you shall never behold, unless your eyes are made clear by faith in the Saviour. You may see the beautiful rivers of the earth—you may ride upon their bosoms; but bear in mind that your eye will never rest upon the river which bursts out from the Throne of God and flows through the upper Kingdom, unless you are born again. God has said it; and not man. You will never see the kingdom of God except you are born again. You may see the kings and lords of the earth; but the King of kings and Lord of lords you will never see except you are born again. When you are in London you may go to the Tower and see the crown of England, which is worth thousands of dollars, and is guarded there by soldiers; but bear in mind that your eye will never rest upon the crown of life except you are born again.” 1 likes