Start by marking “The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)

The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods #4)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  61,501 Ratings  ·  1,506 Reviews
From the Publisher
Melissa de la Cruz delivers the fourth novel in this New York Times best-selling vampire series. As confrontation with the Silver Bloods escalates to even deadlier levels, Schuyler and her peers watch as their glamorous New York lifestyle turns into a battle for survival. Even though no love is lost between Oliver and Jack as they compete for Schuyler’s h
Audio CD, 9 pages
Published January 1st 2010 by Recorded Books (first published October 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Van Alen Legacy, please sign up.

Esther During the Renaissance era , Lucifer disguised himself as Michael and tricked Gabrielle into thinking that he was her twin, and then i guess somehow…moreDuring the Renaissance era , Lucifer disguised himself as Michael and tricked Gabrielle into thinking that he was her twin, and then i guess somehow Gabrielle became pregnant and gave birth to Azazel, who later reincarnated as Maggie Stanford and then Bliss Llewellyn(less)

Heather
May 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Melissa de la Cruz has been holding out on us! The Van Alen Legacy is by far the best in series. As a reader, I got everything I wanted, plus many amazing things I never would have thought to ask for. This series is basically a vampire soap opera, but man, what a well done soap opera it is.

It has been over a year since Rio and Schuyler and Oliver have been on the run nearly as long. It would seem as though she has made her choice, but just as she makes a daring move to secure her and Oliver's sa
Pepper
Apr 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to know what's gonna happen between Schuyler and Jack!!!!!!
Nicole Goodwin
WARNING: I AM VERY OPINIONATED, READ AT OUR OWN RISK! I wish there were 2.5 stars. This was, in my opinion, better than the first 3 books, but probably not something I would mark as 3 whole stars. Now, having said that, I can't lie, I have enjoyed reading this series. Why would I rate something as a 2 if I enjoyed reading it? Well, because its not great writing and the story isn't wonderful, and I don't like some of the events...but, she has hooked me with the mystery. So, I have to give her poi ...more
C.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE BOOK!!!!!!11

I was torn between rating The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz one and five stars. Certain scenes (anything with Ollie/Schuyler romance for example) were incredibly cringe-worthy whilst others, such as the self-sacrificing Kinglsey, deserved a standing ovation.

Probably the worst part (and the main reason for a potential one star rating) was the constant skipping around of point-of-views; I love hearing other character'
Nan
Oct 21, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: blue bloods fans
Julie
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Blue Bloods fans
Recommended to Julie by: read the other Blue Bloods books
Bleh. First of all, I was sure I'd read somewhere that this was the last Blue Bloods book, but this barely wrapped anything up, so I guess I'm in for at least one more volume.

This book just felt scattered all over the place. There is so much going on, with so many people, and so many sub-plots, and so much backstory - it just gets confusing. I also realize how unattached I am to this series, because I page one of this book alerted me to the fact that I'd completely forgotten 9/10 of what happene
thebookblogger
I am once again impressed by Melissa's skills! THE VAN ALEN LEGACY just might be my favorite of the series!

Since there is no synopsis up on the web, I'll just explain a couple of things. After the death of Sky's grandfather, the Committee is lost. With Jack and Mimi Force's father gone, they have no one to lead. And when Bliss' father steps forward, everyone is happy with the decision, but when a note from an anonymous sender pops up, regretful thinking prevents him from landing the position.

I l
Elizabeth Scott
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got super lucky and was able to read the latest Blue Bloods book--out on Oct 6th--and okay, The Van Alen Legacy? So good I actually COULDN'T stop reading it. For real--I had work to do, but I kept saying, "I'll just read one more page. Okay, one more chapter. Okay, just this little bit more...

The Van Alen Legacy is a non-stop ride of twists and turns and OMG I didn't see that coming! and OMG! over other things I won't mention for fear of spoilers but let's just say that if you are a Blue Bloo
Bry
The series started out so great. The premise was extremely original considering all the other vampire works coming out - reincarnation through life cycles, vampire/angel crossovers, half bloods, conspiracies, murder, and prophecies - but sadly that was all put to the side in favor of teenage angst, designer purses, and underage drinking. And this book in particular seems to have had nothing really happen in it. It's almost like it's filler. I literally skimmed a majority of this book, reading on ...more
Daron
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
This is where the series lost me. I loved the first one...but by number four I just can't stand switching through everyone's pov the way this series does. Plus, the story is random and doesn't make sense. .The plot holes are just something my logical brain can't ignore anymore. maybe I'll skim the rest just to see what's going on with jack.
who do u want Schuyler to be with oliver or jack? why? 26 90 Jul 11, 2017 03:42PM
Any favorite characters? Any rants about this book? What is your opinion? 1 2 Nov 22, 2015 08:17PM
Jack, Schyler, Mimi 452 607 Mar 05, 2013 04:41PM
Mimi and Kingsley. 33 92 Jan 05, 2012 10:27PM
confused about jack/schuyler 5 53 Aug 25, 2011 01:54PM
vampire fans!!: The Van Alen Legacy 1 2 Aug 07, 2011 01:29AM
have you seen the cover??!!!` 26 79 Jun 23, 2011 10:24AM
  • Bad Blood (Blood Coven Vampire, #4)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • After Dark (Vamps, #3)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Night World, No. 3 (Night World, #7-9)
  • Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #5)
21911
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...

Blue Bloods (7 books)
  • Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)
  • Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)
“You cannot be with someone just because you don’t want to hurt him. You have your own happiness to think about.” 623 likes
“Maybe weakness is a strength of a kind.” 265 likes