Start by marking “Insight” as Want to Read:

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  374 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
She's having a baby

It's a blessing that brings comfort to newly widowed Olivia Cline. Yet with no insurance, no job and precious little money, how will Olivia care for herself and her child?

The answer is a handsome and brooding artist seeking an assistant. Reed Vincent has recently regained his eyesight, thanks to a donor. And through his eyes, Olivia begins to see all the
Published January 2nd 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2009)

Hope
Deborah Raney stands above most Christian authors if this book is any indication of her talent. The characters are multi-layered and likable. The Christianity is natural, not forced, and does not offer too-easy answers to life's questions. And the writing is very good. (Clarity and ease of expression are surprisingly rare in Christian fiction.)

The book blurb makes it sound melodramatic, but it's actually a pretty solid story. I could have done without the silly epilogue, but up till that point i
Ruth Kyser
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story!

What a wonderful story of God's love and faithfulness. I didn't want the book to end. Great job, Ms. Raney!
Samantha
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a sweet, clean story. Olivia is a strong smart woman who loses her husband, and finds out she's pregnant. She just moved to a small town, not knowing anyone, or having a job. How was she going to take care of herself, let alone a baby.
Reed Vincent needs an assistant to help out at his studio. At first he regrets hiring Olivia, she's too much of a distraction. But as his feelings grow, so do their friendship.
I liked that these two would pray and rely on God. That even if times got h
Bonnie Jarrett
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing and different story

I had a really hard time putting the book down and loved every minute. I have read several of Deborah Raney books and this one was the best.
I not only read the story but lived it. You would not be disappointed with the story line and on to the next Deborah Raney books.
Jill Derrick
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read about life's twists and turns

Great story and how life can change in a moment. It allows you to learn to enjoy each minute as we are never promised but one day at a time.
Betty J Marcum
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book. Couldn't lay it down, good plot and lots of surprises.

Loved this book. Couldn't lay it down, good plot and lots of surprises. Good characters and the kittens. Want more.
Nancy
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Story.

I loved these characters so much that I was sad when the story ended. I haven't read a Deborah Raney book in a while, but I remembered why I love her books. I will be looking for more.
Robert Ruesch
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great engaging read

Deborah Raney, gets the job done when working with penning an excellent, engaging novel. The association of words and thoughts are a comfort to the reader. Can't go wrong, unless you decide not to read this work.
Patty
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insight

Fantastic book life is going not well and then you work it out then tragedy happens then your life change's then you think all is lost but God is in charge and it all works out a must Read
Mary Longoria
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insight

What a great story, love, grief, confusion, mystery all rolled into one. Hard to put down, clean friendships. So real to life.
Marilyn
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the young woman in this story has to overcome her husband's affair a d the death of her husband.a great read
Yvonne Ross
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This is a great read. Good story line and realistic characters. Loved it. I recommend this book while heartedly. Read it.
Lillie
I enjoyed the story, but I thought the romance was rushed at the beginning. She had just lost her husband, and it's hard to imagine that she would fall in love with another man while she was deep in grief for her husband.
Traci Sessions
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light clean romance novel

This was a nice story of two people finding each other and in spite of the circumstances falling in love. I don't know if it was intended or not but it was obvious less than halfway into the book how it was going to end.
Judy
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story

The characters were so likeable and engaging . Even though the ending was predictable it was a lovely journey to get there.
Donna Engler
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

Olivia and her husband plan a move from Chicago to a small Missouri town. Their marriage is just beginning to heal after going through a time of turbulence. What happens next comes as a huge, but not pleasant, surprise. This is pretty much where the story begins. It has some sweet moments and ends as you expect it to.
Pat
Feb 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: could-not-finish
Read the first 13 chapters. It was the author basically telling the story with very little interaction between the characters. It was boring and I gave up trying to read it.
William A. Rush
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.

I love the values displayed in this book and the book itself is well written. Plot was "guessable" but still very good.
Ruth Jessen
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a good tapestry

This book masterfully weaves the threads of life together and creates a masterpiece. Heartbreaking and heart-healing. A sweet read ...you'll enjoy it!
Cathy Bryant
Mar 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author Deborah Raney provides yet another magnificent story with Insight.

Olivia Cline is trying to put the past behind her and move ahead in her marriage. Though her husband has been unfaithful, she is determined to do what she can to save her marriage and start the family her husband so desperately desires.

Giving up her job at a Chicago interior design firm, she follows her husband to Hanover Falls, Missouri. But shortly after she arrives, she learns that her husband has been seriously injured
Oct 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite an interesting and satisfying read. Christian romantic fiction like this can often be cheesy and unrealistic, but at times I find it strangely comforting and get inexplicable cravings for it. I wish I lived in the world they describe, a world where everyone in the entire town loves God, bakes cookies, goes to church and lives in a two-storey house on a beautiful tree-lined street.
But yeah, I like the way Deborah Raney writes - she's one of the better Christian romance authors I've
Beth
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While the book begins with tragedy, it morphs into a very heart warming experience. The book was engrossing and was hard to put down.
Beth
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Normally I read Historical Fiction, and something set in yesteryear. But for some reason this book just caught my eye. So I decided to give it a try and I am so glad that I did. It was one of those books that at first I had a little bit of a hard time getting into it, but then something hit and I ran with it and couldn't put it down. I would highly recommend. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
Alta Gorman
Awesome and disappointment all together.

This was a wonderful story line and good writing. Loved the characters in the book but the ending should have been so much better. It ruined all the good things for me. Just a few more pages would have made it so much better. Not enough closure.
Joan Arning
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insight is another emotional book by Deborah Raney. This book deals with regret, grief, pregnancy, transplants and love! Artists will really love this book! I highly recommend this contemporary fiction to others.
Stella Potts
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always love Deborah Raney's books. This one is very special as she deals with so many life lessons. There is financial strain, unwanted pregnancy, forgiveness for wrongs, trust, love and letting go of the past. I highly recommend this book because I believe you will love it as much as I do.
Maryann
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this at the same time I got Home to Chicory Lane. I enjoyed it quite a bit, as reflected by the 4 stars. What kept me from going 5 is how quickly the relationship grew considering the circumstances.
Erin
Jun 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! it is a story about love, forgiveness and moving on. It was sad at times but overall it was great!
Lavon Moffett
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book

I enjoyed this story, the characters and the description of the area in Missouri. It had a great message to stay close to the Lord through your different trials.
Elaine
Mar 30, 2009 marked it as don-t-know-if-i-m-interested-in-buy  ·  review of another edition
kin5.04
DEBORAH RANEY's first novel, A Vow to Cherish, inspired the World Wide Pictures film of the same title. Her books have since won the RITA Award, ACFW Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Readers' Choice Award, Silver Angel, and have three times been Christy Award finalists. At work on her 32nd novel, Deb and her husband, Ken Raney, recently moved to the city after years of enjoying small-town lif ...more
More about Deborah Raney...