Start by marking “Toot & Puddle: Wish You Were Here” as Want to Read:
Toot & Puddle: Wish You Were Here

Toot & Puddle: Wish You Were Here

(Toot & Puddle )

Toot travels to Wildest Borneo for exotic plants, but when he returns with the Violet Virus, it is up to Opal and Puddle to find a cure.

When Toot goes off to Borneo, cousin Opal comes to visit Woodcock Pocket to keep Puddle company. But just before returning home, Toot gets stung by a bee and comes down with a case of the Violet Virus! With determination and persistence, O
Published September 1st 2005 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Toot & Puddle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toot & Puddle

Candice
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sophie - when she is older
Shelves: picture-books
This is the second Toot and Puddle book that I've read, and I have become a fan of these two amusing pigs and of Puddle's cousin Opal. The adventuresome Toot is visiting Wildest Borneo and he sends postcards to Puddle telling him of the wonders he is seeing. Meanwhile, at home, Puddle and Opal are preparing the flower garden, hoping it will be the most dazzling ever. Then a post card arrives from Toot saying that he has come down with a violet virus. When he arrives at home, he is blue! Will he ...more
Rebecca Ann
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This series is adorable, I might go back and read the first one. I love the illustrations and the author's use of fun words and phrases. This story centers on Toot the Pig who has gone of to widest Borneo to have an adventure. He comes back with a virus that has turned him pale blue and his friends Opal and Puddle search for a cure. The story is text-heavy for a picture book and would be best for independent reading or one on one, but not storytime unless you're reading to an older crowd (1st-3r ...more
CSCL Media Squad
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lisa
All kids from 1-92 will love these little pigs in turtlenecks! This incredible series boasts fabulous illustrations of the charming forest where these two chipper chaps live and share a friendship that reigns supreme. Each unique story teaches us that opposites can be complimentary, and that adventures can be had both near and far from home. All twelve books by Holly Hobbie in this series are definitely on my “someday when I’m a grandma” list of literary treasures to revisit!
Cheryl
Jan 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
wtf? Nobody is calling racism?!
Even if indigenous residents of Borneo did dress like this, they aren't "wild."
And the ridiculous disease and the even more ridiculous attempts to cure it... pointless.
Sorry, I love the series, but not this entry.
Laura (booksnob)
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-book, 2017
I love Toot & Puddle and this book is so adorable. Toot goes on a vacation and sends postcards to Puddle but then he gets sick with violet fever and turns blue. He must return home to heal and Puddle does everything she can to heal him.
Lynn  Davidson
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Toot went on an expedition to Wildest Borreo, but when he returned he was blue! Puddle had to find a way for Toot to turn back to pink.
Željko Filipin
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Please, don't seek medical advice on internet, as this book recommends. Please see your doctor instead. ;P
Anna
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: prek-books
Adorable illustrations and a cute story about friendship.
Rosa Cline
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This was a very sweet Toot & Puddle book. Toot and Puddle are pigs and good friends. One is very adventurous and loves to travel the other hates to travel. So they have times when the one leaves home and then writes home so his best friend can experience his trip with him. In this one one of their smaller girl relatives are there with them visiting, Opal. When Toot catches a rare illness he has to cut his trip short and come home. Puddle and Opal try very hard to make Toot feel better but no ...more
Eyehavenofilter
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of these adorable little pigs. Again Toot is off on a wild adventure in ( of all places Borneo) and has sent Puddle a postcard telling him he will be home soon but he's contacted the violet virus. When he arrives he's quite literally BLUE? What will Puddle do to help his friend. Well, anything and everything of course. This is a test of true pig friendship. The illustrations are laugh-out-loud, pee worthy and just adorable. As soon as I can I'm going to get my hands on every other Toot ...more
Dolly
Oct 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is an entertaining story in the Toot & Puddle series by Holly Hobbie. The story has a fun Indonesian theme. The illustrations are colorful, cartoonish and sweet and very typical of the series. We enjoyed reading this book together.
Leslie Stith
Jan 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: with-my-boy
I love Toot and Puddles and enjoyed this book with my son. He liked it too and was ready for more Toot and Puddle until he saw the other books in the library stack. It only gets 3 stars because when I asked my boy if it should go in the library return bag or if he would want to read it again, he chose the bag.
Maria
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Toots wants to explore the world and discovery new things, but it is his friends at home that keep him grounded and help him recover.

Why I started it: It was just returned to the library and the illustrations looked darling.

Why I finished it: I love to travel, but I loved that it's necessary to do exploring where ever you are.
Jana
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Just look at the cover. Piglet among wild boars in Borneo. A story about wild animals, exotic countries, cruel wasps and colour blue. And how to cure yourself with a mushroom that stinks. To teach the children about the world and how diverse it is, nature, alternative medicine and homeopathy. No, it really is. :)
Paul
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-lit
Hobbie's story is imaginative with captivating illustrations that are far from pastoral-watercolor scenes we may think of. She includes postcards from Toot on the road, a love for the diversity of the world's plants and joy in growing everyday flowers, and companionship to keep things stable and communal along the way. Her use of pigs for characters doesn't come off as cute but spot-on hilarious.
Kati
Jun 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
We love Toot & Puddle! This book was our first intro to this series and remained our favorite until Charming Opal (even after reading the first three). Wonderful, completely delightful illustrations and very enjoyable story.
Jill
Jan 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Why did he go to the jungle? Why is there mud on the postcard? Why did the bee sting him? Why is he blue? Why does the mushroom tea taste so bad?...These questions and more will be answered if you'd just read the book.
Heather
Apr 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
i'm a huge fan of this books illustrations. in fact, that's the reason i purchased it. i've come to enjoy the story of their adventures. however, i could almost tell a story just based on the illustrations. they are so animated and clever.
Kristine Hansen
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Toot wanders off on another one of his worldwide adventures, but things don't go as planned. When he returns home sock, it's up to good old Pudds and Opal to fix things. I love Opals clever persistence that wins the day.
Danelle Miller
Feb 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book shows the importance of friendship and never giving up. I would use this in grades K-5 because I would like to underline how important friendship is. This book can be used in many classrooms to show how important friendship is and perhaps be used as a creative writing exercise
Cole Finnian
Mar 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very Cute with good humour.
Yulidy Decena
I like pigs stories. In books I think pigs are cute. Good to bring conversations about getting sick during a vacation.
Mckinley
Dec 22, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture, animal, pig
Ok. Love the postcards. Glad Toot could be cured.
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: want-to-own
I definitely enjoy this series of books. I like the partnership between Toot and Puddle.
Amanda
Jul 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
This was OK. The show is more fun and the book Let it Snow had a cuter story.
Clwseattle
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
In Toot & Puddle: Wish You Were Here our piglet heroes are as cute and charming as ever, making for a gentle bedtime story.
Beyond the Pages
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent resource to use as a prep for a geography study. My kids love these characters and their travels.
Tamara the Librarian
Oct 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2nd
Okay story about Toot going on an adventurous trip and coming back blue. Opal stays up all night on the internet and discovers the cure.
Nojood Alsudairi
too many ideas in one book that I did not know what the book is really about. The illustrations are fantastic.
Debrarian
Toot catches the violet virus in Wildest Borneo.

• Stella, Fairy of the Forest
  • Can't Sleep Without Sheep
  • Betty Bunny Didn't Do It
  • Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs
  • The Storm Book
  • What Pete Ate from A to Z
  • Jo MacDonald Hiked in the Woods
  • Anybody Home? (Physical & Behavioral Adaptation)
  • Splat the Cat and the Pumpkin-Picking Plan
  • Oh, What A Busy Day!
  • 1 2 3: A Child's First Counting Book
  • Oliver Finds His Way
  • Hide-and-Squeak
  • Clark the Shark Dares to Share
  • What are You So Grumpy About?
  • All in a Day
  • On the Farm
  • The Three Horrid Little Pigs
Birthed with the name of Denise Holly Ulinskas in 1944, Holly Hobbie first sold her distinctive artwork of the little cat-loving girl who carries herself in a rag dress and giant bonnet. It wasn’t until she married Douglas Hobbie in 1964 when she named her originally nameless character after her.
When the first images of the rag-clothed little girl came to the public’s consciousness, the character

Toot & Puddle (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Toot & Puddle (Toot and Puddle)
  • Toot & Puddle: A Present for Toot
  • Toot & Puddle: You Are My Sunshine
  • Toot & Puddle: Puddle's ABC
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • Toot & Puddle: Top of the World