Start by marking “Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids” as Want to Read:
Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids

Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids

All of Sunny Patch is buzzing with the most wonderful news: Miss Spider and Holly are expecting!

Published May 1st 2004 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids

Britt Kitko
Summary: Everyone's favorite eight-legged charmer is back! And she's beginning an exciting new chapter in her life --- having babies! Like all new parents-to-be, Miss Spider and Holly worry. "Do babies bite? Do they need sun? Why do they wiggle so?!" Most of all they worry, "Will we be good parents?" But not to fear. When their ten little egglings hatch and there are eight booties knitted just in time for every one, Miss Spider and Holly discover that love at the heart of a family turns worries ...more
Melanie
Miss Spider's first eggs are hatching and she's nervous. She ends up with a good group of kids. One of whom, Squirt, when he finds a homeless egg, vows to find its mother. He finds himself lost, hold up with Stinky bug, and his mother's worried about him being off on his own. Eventually lost egg is returned to correct mother and Squirt is returned to Miss Spider. Miss Spider also gains a few extra kids that Squirt picked up in his wanderings.

Another story that doesn't make a lot of sense. Childr
Dolly
Jun 28, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009
Our girls have seen this television show and I figured they'd enjoy the books as well. The story was pretty good, although a bit longer than I expected, and I think our girls began to lose interest. It's colorfully illustrated and goes along with the show, so our girls knew about the various characters.
Sarah Romero
Nov 09, 2011 Sarah Romero rated it it was amazing
The writing is beautiful, high caliber for a kid's book. If you want to start your child off on the right foot to having a vast vocabulary and an appreciation for literature, this is the book to do it with! This line sticks with me: "And the sun smiled away the snow." As a writer of non-juvenile content, I know I can still learn much from the Miss Spider's books.
Michelle
Jul 10, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
I actually didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought that I would. I love watching this series on Nick Jr. but I needed to force myself to stop and try to read the book. I don't think that I will be sharing this book with my cousins anytime soon.
Garrett Ellis
Would be a good book for a young student that is struggling with the concept of expecting to have a younger brother or sister join the family! May be a suggested reading to parents, not a book that I would read aloud!
Alison
Feb 14, 2011 Alison rated it it was amazing
Great illustrations! This book also allows children to relate to a television show, because the book is based off of a children’s cartoon. This book touches on helping other, and the importance of helping others. Good independent read for a first or second grader.
Brandee Terry
Jun 25, 2010 Brandee Terry rated it liked it
The colorful illustrations are great for children although the length is a bit longer for a child's interest.
Ellen
Jul 22, 2011 Ellen rated it did not like it
Although the illustrations are gorgeous, I don't like a story line about children wandering off without telling their parents, worrying their parents, and of course getting lost.
Lisa
May 10, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: read-birth-3
Part of the Miss Spider's series books. Shimmer tells us all about herself and her adopted family. Colorful and bright, this book is no exception to the whimsical and charming series.
Nov 15, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
This book had many humorous moments. It lost me a bit in wordiness, but the overall story was a fun read.
Pauline
Nov 13, 2011 Pauline rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Sweet, classic Miss Spider.
KyleeJ
Let's kids know that families can be 'made' as well as 'created'. That parents love their adopted children just as much as their biological children. It made me tear up at he end.
Glenn Kennedy
Dec 15, 2012 Glenn Kennedy rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book has really engaging illustrations. The rhymes in the story are good and they will keep the students attention and work on their poetry.
Sharron
Dec 30, 2012 Sharron rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations and good stories.
Tammy
Mar 17, 2009 Tammy rated it really liked it
Kids really liked this one. Love children's books that rhyme.
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
R4
R4 rated it did not like it
Feb 17, 2011
Emily Cox
Emily Cox rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2010
Deatrice
Deatrice rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Dusty
Dusty rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2008
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2017
Enoch & Ada
Enoch & Ada rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2008
Jessica Goff
Jessica Goff rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Reeve Armstrong
Reeve Armstrong rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2010
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2009
Warholgirl582
Warholgirl582 rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2009
Harmony
Harmony rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2013
Lizabeth
Lizabeth rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2008