Start by marking “7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America's Foremost Business Philosopher” as Want to Read:

Unlock the Fountain of Prosperity Inside You!
“I truly believe Jim Rohn is an extraordinary human being whose philosophy can enhance the quality of life for anyone.”
—Anthony Robbins
“Few men are endowed with Jim Rohn’s ability to motivate and effect changes in other human beings.”
—Tom Hopkins
“Jim Rohn . . . is one of the most profound thinkers and mind expanding individuals
Published August 27th 1996 by Harmony (first published January 1st 1383)

Start your review of 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America's Foremost Business Philosopher
Ryan
Feb 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Success...has multiple layers of meaning.
Success is also an elusive notion, a paradox. After all, it is both a journey and a destination, isn't it?
It's the steady, measured progress toward a goal and the achievement of a goal.
Success is both an accomplishment and a wisdom that comes to those who understand the potential power of life.
It's an awareness of value and the cultivation of worthwhile values through discipline.
It's both material and spiritual, practical and mystical.
Success is a proce
Mohamed
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I remember saying to Mr. Shoaff, “If I had more money I’d be happy.” But he replied,“The key to happiness is not more. Happiness is an art to be studied and practiced.More money will only make you more of what you already are. More will only send you more quickly to your destination. So if you’re inclined to be unhappy, you’ll be luxuriously miserable with more money. If you’re inclined to be nasty, wealth will make you a terror.And if you’re inclined to drink a little too much, more money will ...more
Henrik Haapala
• "Formal education can make you a living, self education can make you a fortune" - Jim Rohn
• Rohns mentor mr. shoaff: "if you wish to be successful, study success. If you wish to be happy, study happiness. If you want to make money, study the acquisition of wealth. Those who achieve these things don't do it by accident. It's a matter of studying first and practicing second."
• Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the fundamentals of success to life: I.e. have a system, f
Moh. Nasiri

70/30 finance rule: Live on 70% of income and 30% to investing, saving and giving charity.
A.J.
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One of the Best books I have read so far!

The author takes us through his emotional 'Rags to Riches' Journey from earning a $57 weekly paycheck to having a 7 figure net worth.
He deeply respects and gives the credit for his wealth and happiness to his mentor, Earl Shoaff.
All the golden lessons he learnt while working for his leader have been printed in this book in a very digestible and stimulating format.

I give 5/5 stars!

4) Control your finances
5) Master Time
6) Surround yourself with winners
7) Learn the art of living well

Each one is self-explanatory and Jim dives into each topic at a length that makes this book an easy reader (at a mere 156 pages). There was a few really good quotes, and like all books, I jotted those down.

The one that really stood out was : "It's easy to remain mediocre. All you nee
Lisa Shultz
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
I have heard Jim Rohn speak on audios many times but wanted to read his words as well. I really like his stories of his youth and mentor Mr. Shoaff. A wonderful book even with dated parts. The basic ideas still apply today. He left a wonderful legacy.
Kya Publishing (Toronto)
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Whenever I looked up quotes or motivational words, the name Jim Rohn always appeared. He seemed to have so many good things to say that I decided to check this book out from the library. It was an easy read, and I was able to finish it in one day, and gather pages of notes and wisdom from it.

It was a good book, needless to say. I have had it on hold at the library for a while, and the tattered appearance it arrived in also let me know that it's high in demand.

What I got from it was common sense
Antonio
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-development
The book has Smooth style and its easy to read. These strategies are not unknown but sometimes you need to hear it few times before you put it to practice. At the end Jim Rohn asks four questions:
▪ Why should you try all this?
▪ Why not?
▪ Why not you?
▪ Why not now?
This kind of wrapped it up...

So this is my assessment of the book 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness by Jim Rohn according to my 8 criteria:
1. Related to practice - 5 stars
2. It prevails important - 5 stars
3. I agree with the read - 5
Simone Bocedi
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally and completely loved it. No wonder this guy is the mentor of Tony Robbins. The book really makes me wanna go from wishful thinker to knowledgeable doer. The chapter on goal settings is a game-changer.
Will Jeffries
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jim Rohn is da bomb!!

To get pumped-up on a daily basis, visit tstn.com
Stef
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
really great motivational book. good principles and well delivered.
Tal Shusterman
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A nice eye opening book
Mike Madden
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't start your day/week/month/year until it's finished! First audio book I've listened to...will read it soon. Gems upon gems! ...more
Thang Nguyen
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember saying to Mr. Shoaff, “If I had more money I’d be happy.” But he replied, “The key to happiness is not more. Happiness is an art to be studied and practiced. More money will only make you more of what you already are. More will only send you more quickly to your destination. So if you’re inclined to be unhappy, you’ll be luxuriously miserable with more money. If you’re inclined to be nasty, wealth will make you a terror. And if you’re inclined to drink a little too much, more money wi ...more
Saurabh Chaudhry
This book would have been very well received at the time of release (1985) but when I finished reading it today I only felt, I have read much better books.

But still as Robin Sharma had once said: "Some books are meant to be tasted, some books are meant to be chewed and, finally, some books are meant to be swallowed whole". I will say this book is one I was happy enough to just taste.

Still glad to learn a few new things though. A quick read.
nicholas
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than I expected

The thoughts and ideas are nicely articulated I would highly recommend this book for those of you looking to make a difference
Angela Lam
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a typical Jim Rohn book - short, simple and to-the-point.

Having read so many personal development books, many of which cite ideas and quotes from Jim Rohn, I personally didn't find much that's new inside.

But the 7 strategies are pretty timeless, and I found the book still useful as a reminder of the key principles or fundamentals to a happy, enriched life:
1. Unlock the power of goals
6. Sur
Auridas Franckevičius
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-do-review
A must-read book with great action points to improve your life and achieve wealth.
Jose Vides
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read by all!

I wish I would have been introduced to this book at lot sooner in life. Ideally as a teenager. The principles shared are golden nuggets of useful information. Found myself highlighting often! This book is a must add to your own collection in your personal library.
Stephen Stilwell
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
1 Sentence Summary: 7 Strategies For Wealth And Happiness is the ultimate guide to improving your wealth through self-discipline, action, and a positive attitude toward work, money, and the people around you.

Favorite quote from the author: "If you want to get more, you have to become more."

The 7 strategies are:
7 Learn the Art of Living Well

Here are the 3 most powe
Synthia Salomon
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
“Wealth and happiness don’t materialize out of nowhere – obtaining them requires careful discipline and planning. However, once you’ve put in the effort required to start achieving your goals, you’ll reap the rewards for the rest of your life.

Actionable advice:

Create a game plan.

To make effective use of your time and move your goals forward each week, create a game plan in advance. First, find a sheet of graph paper. Create vertical columns with the days your plan is going to cover, then make a
Dian
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A great read for those looking for inspiration and how-to's on living well. The ideas shared in this book truly stand the test of time, although some of the stories and tips need to be updated to reflect current times. There's an analogy of balancing your checkbook on your portable computer being like driving to your next-door neighbor's house. Not a reason to not read or gain anything from, it, just be prepared for many of the examples being outdated by 20 years.

That being said, I'd recommend
Roope
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Top Jim Rohn Quotes:
1. Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better.
2. Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day.
3. If you really want to do something you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.
4. For things to change, you have to change.
5. Success is not to be pursued, it is to be attracted by the person you become.
6. Either you run the day or the day runs you.
7. Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.
8. Work
Velizar Mihaylov
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a great book, some really good advices in there.

The reason I give it 4 stars is because the material is a bit outdated and lots of the ideas in it had been used in other books. I also did not agree on the tax ideas described by the author. Still this book is written in different times from this days tax abuse and corrupted politicians. Maybe back then things were different.

This written in the pre internet era, so understandably no time management apps or online communication advices are sh
L
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful and concise book teaching 7 principles.

1. Set goals
2. Gain knowledge
3. Understand yourself and how to drive change within yourself.
4. Achieve financial independence
5. Master time.
6. Surround yourself with winners.
7. Learn the art of living well.

Above all remember that the good life is not an amount, it's an attitude, an idea, a discovery, a search.

What is wealth without character?
What is industry without art?
What is quantity without quality?
What is enterprise withou
Jordan
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the better, if not the best, success books I've read.

While small and approachable, Mr. Rohn does a great job breaking down the seven values and principles he believes are the foundation for true and lasting success in all of life's realms.

This is not a "get rich quick" scheme, but rather an expose on integrity and character in regards to having the proper mindset on success.

Read with an open mind and an open notebook. This is one book that will truly benefit anyone who reads it and app
Fed
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book with solid life wisdom, and they are mostly based on biblical principles. These principles are well balanced and good for anyone who is looking for quality life; wealth will follow balance and quality!

This book has had an incredible impact in my life in many ways and has motivated me to learn something new every day. This simple principle has served me very well ever since I have read this book.
Audra
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Applying these principles to my life has helped me focus more on doing things each day to achieve my goals, as well as pay more attention to the thoughts I think. Everything in my life is ultimately because of choices I have made, whether good or bad. I am now extremely focused with goals written out and I am careful to use my time wisely to be sure that all of my tasks are aimed at working toward my goals.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ai đã đọc nó rồi 1 2 Dec 12, 2018 11:45PM

• The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success
  • The Power of Self-Confidence: Become Unstoppable, Irresistible, and Unafraid in Every Area of Your Life
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • Money: Know More, Make More, Give More
  • Do Breathe: Calm your mind. Find focus. Get stuff done
  • Why Are We Yelling?: The Art of Productive Disagreement
  • MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom
  • Innovation for the Fatigued: How to Build a Culture of Deep Creativity
  • The Storytelling Edge: How to Transform Your Business, Stop Screaming Into the Void, and Make People Love You
  • Lead the Field
  • Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement
  • Thịnh vượng tài chính tuổi 30 (Thịnh vượng tài chính tuổi 30, #1)
  • Lead Like a Coach
  • You're Not Listening: What You're Missing and Why It Matters
  • Leadership Strategy and Tactics: Field Manual
  • F#ck Content Marketing: Focus on Content Experience to Drive Demand, Revenue & Relationships
Emanuel James "Jim" Rohn was an American entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker. His rags to riches story played a large part in his work, which influenced others in the personal development industry.

Rohn was the recipient of the 1985 National Speakers Association CPAE Award for excellence in speaking.