Start by marking “Share This!: How You Will Change the World with Social Networking” as Want to Read:
Share This!: How You Will Change the World with Social Networking

Read Book

Share This!: How You Will Change the World with Social Networking

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

The development of the social web--the set of digital tools that allow people to connect with one another and share their stories—offers extraordinary potential to change what voices get heard in the global conversation.  This is unlike anything the world has seen in a thousand years.  Change agents working to make the world a better place need not just to be on board

Published June 14th 2010 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Share This!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Share This!

Dennis Fischman
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People interested in social change and either intrigued or alarmed (or both) by social networking
Recommended to Dennis by: Benjamin Greenberg
Shelves: nonfiction
Deanna Zandt has written a wonderful guide to social networks for people who don't feel at home there. She explains what's new about building relationships through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and the like, and she encourages us all to participate.

"Sharing is daring," she says. By putting more of yourself out there, within limits that you consciously set, you increase your credibility with people who are just getting to know you. As you become more well known, you win people's trust. At the same
Catherine
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
For me, the biggest takeaway from this book isn't a deeper understanding of the tools and processes Deanna describes so well - it's the "why". Why sharing makes a difference - in my case, helping me to tap into an understanding of the frustration I have largely inflicted on myself over the last few years. Having been used to sharing a great deal of my personal and political process, and then consciously denying myself that outlet (for other reasons) I found myself furiously nodding at so much of ...more
Jen Angel
Mar 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK. Deanna is funny, and this book explains complicated concepts in a really accessible way. Interested in social media? Use it for work? Want to know what it all means? Though this does have how-to elements, what it's really about is the cultural and political impacts and implications - what does it mean for racial justice? organizing? WAY more relevant to my work, especially compared to the last social media book I read (unmarketing).

For anyone who uses Twitter or Facebook. Serio
Natali
Jun 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Zandt is a fun writer and makes a strong argument for using social media for civic engagement and social change. She argues that if we don't take our social networks seriously, we run the risk of allowing the new medium to settle into the bad habits of old media: bias, unbalanced power structure, etc. I highly recommend this book to social media theorists and beginners alike.
Desiree
Oct 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Fairly interesting book about social networking. Recommended more for those who are new to social networking as there are lots of parts that others would already know. A quick and easy read, with lots of tips, even if you think you know what you are doing! :-)
Lynn
Jan 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book made me aware of how many fewer women than men are voicing their opinions on the web for fear of being judged and how they keep rewording their postings to get them perfect before hitting submit.
Doug Keipp
Dec 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Find your voice. Share your voice. Your participation in the conversation is needed.
Veronica
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
A must read for newbies to social media, haters of social media and anyone who wants to know how to use social media for good.
Deborah
Aug 06, 2010 rated it liked it
There is some good information here, but I think it needed to be organized better.
Jessica
Jun 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great book about how to use social networking to facilitate change. The book has a great tips/reference section. The author did a fantastic job keeping the book light by injecting humor throughout.
Hemi
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very insightful.
Deanna Zandt
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm a bit biased.
Rishard
Jun 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Good times. As much as I'm online and on social networks this book taught me a few things. Mostly stats and other interesting facts from a womens point of view. Cool stuff.
MM
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked it alright, yeah.
E
Nov 23, 2012
Lilianad
Jun 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Deanna Zandt is an award-winning media technologist, the co-founder of and partner at Lux Digital, and the author of Share This! How You Will Change the World with Social Networking (Berrett-Koehler 2010). She is a consultant to key media and advocacy organizations, and her clients have included The Ford Foundation, Deutsche Telekom, Planned Parenthood, and Jim Hightower’s Hightower Lowdown. Zandt ...more
More about Deanna Zandt