Start by marking “Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams

Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  328 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
"It is a generation after the fall of Camelot. The legendary figures of Britain's brief but shining renaissance-Arthur, Lancelot, Guinevere-are gone but notforgotten. Their memories live on in song and story. But Arthur's dream of a united Britain is fading fast. The hard-won alliance of independent kingdoms is fracturing. Sensing weakness, defeated enemies arereturning.
"
S
Published December 30th 2003 by Del Rey Books

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams Prince of Dreams

Gary
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had previously read Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince and found them thrilling epic masterpieces and wanted to get hold of this book for along time.
This retelling of the tale of the star crossed lover Tristan and Iseult does not disappoint.
It traces how Tristan, the Prince of Lyonesse is sent by his uncle Markion, a usurper for the crown of Cornwall that should be Tristans, to fetch his bride Iseult, Princess of Gwynedd Iseult rejects the suitor favoured by her mother the boorish and brutal Pa
Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)
Mar 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Queen of Camelot & Grail Prince
Recommended to Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) by: The author's previous two books
This retelling of the age old Tristan and Isolde tragic love story was beautifully done as only Nancy McKenzie can do. Although it is not listed as a trilogy or series, this book does follow Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince even though in this telling it is about 25 years after Arthur's death. This legend/story has it's origins in the 12th century so has been altered and changed through poetry, opera, books, and movies. The premise remains the same of the Knight Tristan who is nephew to King Ma ...more
Kristina
Mar 13, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gary
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allie
This was my first Tristan and Essylte novel. Other than seeing the recent movie I admit I didn't really know the legend. I enjoyed the fact that I had read the Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince before this because the stories do intertwine but I don't think it is necessary to read them first. I never got as attached though to the main characters in this book as I did with McKenzie's other novels. At times Essylte was pretty annoying and stupid, but I liked Tristan. I also liked most all the less ...more
Kristen McQuinn
Aug 08, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Arthurian legend fans
Shelves: arthurian, fantasy
I do love Arthurian legend in just about any incarnation. I still haven't found one that compares to The Mists of Avalon, and likely never will. But I enjoy trying to find one nonetheless.

This book was all right. Certainly not bad, but not the best I've ever read. I found the characters to be a little flat, frankly. There wasn't really enough of a new spin on anything to make it really stand out. The heroes were all heroic and damaged, as usual. The women were all gorgeous and noble, as usual.
Kristin
The book started out okay, but it seems like McKenzie felt the need to squeeze every detail of every version of the legend into one book. It was too long, especially if you're familiar with the story. We all know how it has to end.
Jamie York
Nov 14, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was so disappointed in this book. I loved Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince, but I just couldn't connect with the characters in this book the same way. I didn't like them and I didn't like their story.
Kari
May 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, arther-books
So far I really like this book. McKenzie is very good at making the characters seem like they are real people. I have read two of her other books, Queen of Camelot and Grail Prince. I really enjoyed reading both of these books and I hope she has more books I can dig into.
Stephanie Pugh
tragic. almost not worth the read. it's tragic without the balance of beauty.
Pam
This book was really good. I enjoyed the story of Tristan and Isolde. At times it was confusing to remember who each of the characters was.
Kimberly
Jan 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Queen of Camelot is Nancy McKenzie's jewel, but I really enjoyed this as well.
Emily
Apr 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
This book is a really interesting take on the Tristan and Isolde legend. It's got it all:drama, romance, war, a science fiction twist.
Alexandria Luttke
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Traditional telling of the Tristan and Isolde story.
Joanna
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My rating had nothing to do with the author's writing. I love her work. It was the story itself.
Jillian
Feb 14, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Queen of Camelot
Not as magical as McKenzie's other works, but certainly worth reading to sort of round out following the characters from the Queen of Camelot series.
Maryam
Nov 09, 2011
Calista Fung
rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2013
  • The Lady of the Sea (Tristan and Isolde, #3)
  • Dark Moon of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #2)
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • Guinevere Evermore (Guinevere, #3)
  • Lancelot (Knights Of The Round Table, #1)
  • Queen of the Summer Stars (Guinevere, #2)
  • The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • King Arthur's Daughter
  • Yseult: A Tale of Love in the Age of King Arthur (The Pendragon Chronicles, #1)
  • Gawain and Lady Green (Merlin's Harp, #2)
  • Mordred's Curse
  • Lancelot Du Lethe
  • The Road to Avalon (Dark Ages of Britain, #1)
Nancy McKenzie is the author of several novels based on Arthurian tales. Guinevere’s Gift is her first novel for young adults. She lives in Danbury, Connecticut.
More about Nancy McKenzie

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
  • The Curiosity
  • Virtual Light
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Busted Flush (Wild Cards, #19)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Axe and the Throne (Bounds of Redemption, #1)
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Midnight Curse (Disrupted Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fireblood (Whispers from Mirrowen, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Delphi Effect (The Delphi Trilogy #1)