Start by marking “The SuperStress Solution: 4-week Diet and Lifestyle Program” as Want to Read:
The SuperStress Solution: 4-week Diet and Lifestyle Program

The SuperStress Solution: 4-week Diet and Lifestyle Program

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
We live on little sleep and exercise but a lot of work. We eat junk and processed foods on the run and fuel up with caffeine and sugar. We are chronically overcommitted, subjected to a 24/7 news cycle, and can’t take our eyes off our computers and PDAs. Is it any wonder that anxious is the new normal?

Our bodies are hardwired to cope with stress, but we are biologically ill
Published January 12th 2010 by Random House (first published December 22nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The SuperStress Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The SuperStress Solution

Shellie (Layers of Thought)
Oct 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Stressed people looking for a holistic fix
Recommended to Shellie (Layers of Thought) by: FSB

I have read a number of books on health and diet over the years. I am no expert but one gets a feel for which are good and those containing junk or just fluff. The SuperStress Solution is of the good sort. It is both logical and comprehensive.

The SuperStress Solution is broad in scope, and almost exhausts the options for remedies to consider when you are under, as Dr. Lee terms it - SuperStress. It is intelligent, well written and its advice is from a medical doctor. She is also trained at Dr. A
April
Nov 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me be honest here, I was probably the most irritating person ever while I was reading The SuperStress Solution by Roberta Lee. I would stop my reading and point out to whoever was in the room, be it my boyfriend, his mom, or even the dogs, oh did you know...scents cause people to be relaxed, cell phones make you anxious, or peanuts are good for you, etc. I know, reading those examples probably makes me sound like an airhead, but really, I have a crap diet (i.e. I only eat bread and meat and ...more
Rhonda
Feb 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Quite good, lots of good information. Distinguishes between old-fashioned "regular" stress and the "new" stress that is layer upon layer of stress...job stress and money stress and parenting stress and relationship stress and tryiing-to-find-a taxi-in-the-rain stress. So much stress weighin on us in increments so small that we don't feel them separately. She terms this SUPERSTRESS.
The book explores the causes,(with self-tests)symptoms in our bodies and lives,(on our different systems--body and
Janice
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
A lite scan....seems like she covered all the bases...

Super stress Solution Values:
Self-acceptance, Sufficiency, Humility, Comfort refuge, Loving relationships, Loving what I do, Community
Lacie
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A friend suggested this to me, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. While there wasn't really a huge revelation in it, thinking about the stress reduction techniques and science behind them in one context helped clarify. I'd be interested in seeing if any of the science has changed in the few years since it was published, as the book sounds a little dated by taking about Blackberries and PDAs instead of smartphone addiction.
Haley Mathiot
Jan 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

Roberta Lee has put a name to the layers upon layers of stress that eventually break down our bodies and ruin our lives—it’s called SuperStress. She tells of the physical and mental affects that this SuperStress has on us. She also gives us ways to fix it—without drugs.

This handbook is holistic. Therapy means physical therapy, exercise, meditation and breathing control. Prescriptions means herbs and health foods and vitamins. Lee is not taking away the symptoms of stress-related bad health—
Deb
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*SuperHelp for SuperStress*

_The SuperStress Solution_ is super-packed with information for understanding, reducing, and navigating the (doesn't-have-to-be)-constant stress that overwhelms so many of us today. Taking a holistic and integrative approach, Dr. Lee illustrates the toll that stress can take on the mind, body, and spirit, and then she provides a customizable plan that addresses each of these realms. She shares her eye-opening and insight-provoking questionnaires to see the personal to
Jess
May 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There wasn't a lot that I felt was new information. It was clearly presented information that I have read in other places. There was a lot of time spent on why I should be concerned with SuperStress, which may be helpful if this is a book being given to someone who might not otherwise pick it up. But, that was not the case for me. I was reading it because I was already concerned. I did find the questionnaires helpful.
Galina Petkova
Нищо ново под слънцето, но не е лоша книгата :) Става за надъхване. Има и доста полезни неща и дооооста всеизвестни истини за пустия му суперстрес... Доколко обаче можем да го преборим с книжка?! Не знам.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on success in self development for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »