Start by marking “The Talking T. Rex” as Want to Read:
The Talking T. Rex

The Talking T. Rex (A to Z Mysteries #20)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  1,556 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Meet Tyrone the Tyrannosaurus, Green Lawn's newest-and biggest!-visitor. The kids' old friend Jud Wheat is in town, and he's raising funds for a dinosaur museum by taking the T. rex on tour. But after the show in Green
Lawn, all Jud's money disappears! Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose track down the cash and rescue Jud from this prehistoric pickle?A Stepping Stone book(TM) Fr
Published August 16th 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published April 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Talking T. Rex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Talking T. Rex

Stephanie Woods
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished reading this with my 9 year old and he loved it. He kept trying to guess who was the thief who stole the duffle bag full of money. I could see his mind working through details and clues with each chapter. Great book!!
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters
Dolly
Sep 12, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We're working our way through the A to Z Mysteries and although this wasn't our favorite, it was a good book. A former character from "The Ninth Nugget" returns with an almost-life-size Tyrannosaurus Rex that he and his friends are bringing to schools around the country to raise money for their museum. When their money is stolen, it's up to Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose to help solve the case.
Tara
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
I love the idea of a talking t-rex. Fun, quick mystery.
Samantha Rothstein
There were three kids dink,josh and Ruth Rose were on the search for the Montana money that someone stole from jud. Some think that it was jud,dean or scoop who stole the Montana money.there were thinking why would jud want to steal the money so they crossed off jud and when they found the money,they also saw a green Band-aid inside of the duffle bag with the money in it.so,they ask dean if he accidentally dropped the green Band-Aid but dean said that he didn't had a green band-aid so they took ...more
luhvBOOKS
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: The Talking T. Rex

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to Z Mysteries #20

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: When the kids' old friend Jud Wheat comes to Green Lawn to raise funds for a dinosaur museum, he brings with him Tyrone the Tyrannosaurus. But after the show, all Jud's money disappears. Can Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose rescue Jud from this prehistoric pickle?

Review: It's been too many years, and I still remember this cover. Wow :)

Things I Loved: The T mystery!

Things I Hated: N/A
A_Cathy
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
A to Z Mysteries- The Talking T. Rex written by Ron Roy is a chapter book containing 10 chapters about 8 pages each chaper. It is 85 pages in total. A friend Jud comes back to town with a surprise (a T-Rex) and the adventures start. The friends are lead on a who done it mystery. This book is for 2nd-5th grade, I think 6th grade would find it babyish. Since it involves a T-Rex I think more boys will be interested in it than girls.
Carrie
Mar 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carrie by: Lotte
These are good easy reader books for maybe 2nd or 3rd grade readers. I think they can be enjoyable for older (4-5th graders) too, but the reading level is younger. The characters are cute and the mysteries aren't very scary. It is always good to read about kids in good friendships who are using their brains.
Marlee
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, we've read the entire series in order. I read them to my 6 and 10 year old. They have enjoyed all of them. This book didn't seem to hold their attention as much as some. However they did still enjoy it. It was easy to solve. I think my kids had this one figured out almost right away. A fun series to share with children.
Reagan
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jud sets up a fake Tyrannosaurus named Tyrone. He does shows with him to make money. But, one day when Jud goes to check on his money, it's gone! Can Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose help Jud find out who took his money?

I really like this book. It is super cool. You have got to read it.
  • March Of The Ankylosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #3)
  • Dragon of the Red Dawn (Magic Tree House, #37)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • The Slumber Party Secret (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #1)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Mrs. Jeepers' Monster Class Trip (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids Super Special, #5)
  • The Snowy Day Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #24)
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)