Start by marking “Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1)” as Want to Read:
Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1)

Marked

(Eternal Guardians #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  18,126 ratings  ·  1,117 reviews
THERONDark haired, duty bound and deceptively deadly. He's the leader of the Eternal Guardians, an elite group of warriors that defend the mortal realm.

From the moment he walked into the club, Casey knew this guy was different. Men like that just didn't exist in real life—silky shoulder-length hair, chest impossibly broad, and a predatory manner that just screamed dark
Mass Market Paperback, 321 pages
Published May 27th 2010 by Love Spell (first published April 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Marked, please sign up.
Leticia Vega Yes and no. The beginning for me had a lot of cliches, which had me cringing for the first few chapters. But I kept at it, making myself read on. And …moreYes and no. The beginning for me had a lot of cliches, which had me cringing for the first few chapters. But I kept at it, making myself read on. And the effort was well worth it. It actually gets good after the first few chapters. (less)

·  18,126 ratings  ·  1,117 reviews

Start your review of Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1)
Alex is The Romance Fox

This is the first book I have read by this author. I decided to try this series because…..the love of my life and hero was Greek!!!! I adore reading anything with a Greek hero!!
Descendants from Greek mythology heroes, set in modern day times!!!!
 photo images201_zps5ovvc6vz.jpg
........... with a touch of paranormal, romance and myths….how could I resist!!!

Well, I am happy to announce that I enjoyed Marked, the 1st book in the series.

Known as Argonauts, an elite group of warriors sworn to defend their immort
May 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Wow, talk about an unexpected 5 star book! A friend let me borrow this book and it isn't quite as thick as "Bad Moon Rising," so I grabbed it for a quick read. This one caught me up almost immediately. In fact, the book blurb doesn't really do it justice.

Theron is a descendant of Hercules, not immortal but long-lived...about 500-700 years or so. He bumps into Casey in a strip club. Literally. He bumps her while she's serving some jerk frat-boys drinks. She feels a tingly feeling, he looks at h
Larissa Ione
Apr 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoy Elisabeth Naughton's voice. Marked was a fast-paced read, and I loved the light notes sprinkled throughout. Her books are always rich in exotic settings, detail, and adventure, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next book! ...more
♡Karlyn P♡
Marked may be a short book, but it is heavily detailed in its world building of mythological Gods, fates, alternate realms, magic and both mortal and immortal races. Fans of non-vampire PNR books should enjoy this one a lot, but those looking for hero's with fangs will not find it in this world.

Theron, an Argonaut guardian, is charged with finding Casey and bringing her back to his King. The belief is Casey's life will be used to spare the life of the future Queen who is dying. However, alo
r.
Jan 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people who like really badly written books
I got this as a free download from Amazon.com for my Kindle.

It was way overpriced.
S. Wideman
Mar 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
I could not finish this book. It's not that I don't mind the slightly trashy novel once in a while, but this one took the cake. The characters were enough to make me want to scream. In fact, it was so bad that at one point, after I left my Kindle, my Kindle moved from that story to another so when I picked it up I was now on a cook book. Yes, friends, it was so bad my Kindle tried to save me. I should have listened to it.

The storyline was boring. I've only made it roughly 30% through, and it fee
Zeek
Despite the 3 star I did like this book... I just felt it could've been better. It felt like forever till Theron and Casey (our hero and heroine) finally got to his world and met with her destiny.

And, as my status indicates, I also was getting very tired of the lead up to these two getting together- and then having it delayed once again. Now dont get me wrong- I love sexual tension and would much rather have the H/h not get it on til the end if, and this is a big if, the author gives you some e
Anne♡loves♡romance
Good storyline and world-building, interesting characters (especially the Greek Gods), and a hunky male who made me smile.

Lauren
Marked
3 Stars

Like so many series, Marked suffers from first book syndrome. The world building based on the story of Jason and the Argonauts from Greek mythology is original and compelling. However, it has a tendency to overshadow the plot for most of the book, and readers unfamiliar with this particular tale might find themselves a little lost as there is very little exposition on the myth itself and an overabundance of characters to sort out.

The romance is satisfying but predictable as is the r
Stacie
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
4 1/2 "Greek Mythology" Stars!

Loved it! I'm hooked. I don't know why I waited so long to read this book. I've had it since 2014! Maybe I'll write a real review later, but for now, I'm on to the next book!! Happy reading!
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Meh. It was ok, but I'm not sure I'd continue the series. ...more
jD
I did not like the way this book ended. It was not a cliffhanger but it was syrupy and it left a few major questions unanswered. Some things happened that made no sense in the big scheme of things. I won't do spoilers, so I'll have to remain cryptic.

On the plus - very well written, entertaining concept, interesting cast of characters, a little rough around the edges where it needs to be, and lots of agendas. I felt Ms. Naughton used greek mythology as a foundation wisely. She did not get too dee
1/12 - I was disappointed with this. It could have been a decent supernatural romance, instead the story was littered with plot mistakes and rambling sentences.

Theron has a magic touch that drugs women and makes them more amenable to his demands (sexual and otherwise) that he uses on Acacia the night of their first meeting. Seeing how that's reprehensible and I can't find any difference between this and slipping her a date rape drug I had a problem with Theron from then on.

The strange mix of myt
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
I started and paused this book on May 23rd 2018, I restarted it on 25th October 2018 and was determined to finish it. I completed it on 26th October 2018 and what I learnt was......do not resume books on my paused shelf! they're there for a reason!😂

This book was boringgggggggg! The H met the h when he was injured while saving his fiancee from a group of bad guys demons/daemons dudes. She takes him in ,nurses him back to health and almost has sex with him until he sees a mark on her and leaves.
T
Tina Folsom
I'm wavering between a 4 and a 5 - have to sleep on it.
Loved the world building. Was frustrated with the number of times they "almost" had sex but got conveniently interrupted.
Dannika Dark
Liked the concept and characters and really want to continue on with this series.
Anne
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I couldn't quite warm to the characters, not one of my favourite books ...more
Kinky Vanilla
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the character
Catherine
I couldn't seem to connect to this book. It wasn't a bad story, and it didn't have badly drawn characters, but there was nothing there to make me care.

I liked the thought of this book more than the execution. Argonauts and gods and powers, what's not to like, right? Unfortunately I felt this book was a bit more melodramatic than was necessary. It's like it tried to be dark and angsty but still came off as light and frothy. It just didn't mix well for me. I think a big part of this was the fact t
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
First book from the Eternal Guardians series features Theron, the leader of the Argonauts. For some reason, he wasn't keen to being friends with humans or half-breeds, let alone getting acquainted with them. He was supposed to get married to Isadora, heir to the kingdom of Argolea, but something happened to change his destiny. Something to do with a human named Casey, working in a strip club, hunted by Daemons and needed by King Leonidas. But there's a consequence once Casey realized the reason ...more
Marianne Boutet
Jul 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
I am OK with insta-love or even having to persuade the other person that s/he is your mate - I call a halt when there is mind control and/or rape involved. Just sayin'. ...more
Jess
May 07, 2010 rated it liked it
I think if people enjoy Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series, they might enjoy this as well. This is the first book in a new series, and it's also related to Greek Mythology. We see some familiar Gods, Hades and Persephone, and the main hero in this story is a descendant of the Argonauts. Dust off the cobwebs and think back to Greek Mythology and all the Greek Heroes like Hercules, and Achilles, the Argonauts are an elite group of people that protect their land from the daemons and they are all ...more
Kathryn
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Highly recommended for Kenyon fans. I have long passed that phase and consequently found this to be a little thin for my current tastes. Even considering that, I would have rated this 3 stars if not for...

too many characters dumped on the reader. I realize this is the first book in a series but overload!

character names...too many names taken from Greek myths and this quickly got on my nerves.

the villain was ridiculous. extremely simple.

the tactic of getting the characters revved up and then prev
Mamacita Slacum
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read the mythology genre, however this series stuck out and grabbed me. I loved this book. I finished it in 2 days and have bought the rest of the series and am currently on book #4. ...more
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
Not bad, not great. I won't be continuing with the series. ...more
Kate
I wasn't sure about this series to begin with and I was glad that it was offered as an Amazon freebie. A good book for me is always when it flies by and I'm having a good time. Not only that it was unpredictable and wasn't too sure what to expect. 4 Stars and a must series to read.

Theron is looking for his bride to be Isadora he finds Isadora in a strip club he bumps into a tall amazon chick but ignores her. To me this is what Theron looks like:

photo imagesCA0V0EYN_zps539ef432.jpg

Casey nearly gets run down by the sex God in t
Lanah
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This book is underrated.

Since I'm perhaps the minority one (well, I always am in that category) who love this book, hereby I to say that this book is FANTASTIC.

Why?

Full of action-packed, and some wicked, gory scenes. Ah, perfect for my current mode to read suspense, thriller books.

I loved the mythology. It's similar (not rip-off) to LOTU series that I love so much.

The heroine was awesome and feisty!

Sexy, strong and gentle hero too.

And promising of more sexy Argonaut hunkies once I go thr
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Oh joy, we get everyone and their third cousins pet fish's pov...

I like story parts but get really bored with the sex parts and stop reading. Maybe it's cause I'm gay and her leaking vagina grosses me out or maybe the sex is just lame. But it bores me. The sexual tension is good but when they start doing sex it always seems too wordy and takes too long to be interesting.

Ohhh My Fucking God! I finsihed!!

Months later and I'm done. There was so much wrong with this book I won't even go into deta

• Heart of the Dragon (Atlantis, #1)
  • Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
  • Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1, Demonica, #6)
  • When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1)
  • Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
  • Phantom Embrace (Immortal Guardians, #5.5)
  • Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
  • Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1)
  • Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1)
  • In Still Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7)
  • Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #1)
  • Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire, #1)
  • A Touch of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #0.5)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3)
  • Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
Before topping multiple bestseller lists—including those of the New York Times, USA Today, and the Wall Street Journal—award winning author Elisabeth Naughton taught middle school science. A voracious reader, she soon discovered she had a knack for creating stories with a chemistry of their own. The spark turned into a flame, and Elisabeth now writes full-time.

Though primarily known for her romant

Eternal Guardians (8 books)
  • Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2)
  • Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3)
  • Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4)
  • Enslaved (Eternal Guardians, #5)
  • Bound (Eternal Guardians, #6)
  • Twisted (Eternal Guardians, #7)
  • Awakened (Eternal Guardians, #8)

News & Interviews

“Some nights, a woman just wanted to bash her brain against a wall to keep from screaming.” 7 likes
“Hello, boys,” he said, reaching for the parazonium strapped to the small of his back. “You look a little lost. Let me direct you back to hell.” 5 likes