Start by marking “Sex Appeal (Heat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sex Appeal (Heat, #1)

Sex Appeal (Heat, #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  381 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

Shadow Callahan was simply trying to corral ten to-die-for men when she propositioned Brent Bramwell. All the specialty shops in the mall agreed that hosting a "sexiest man" contest would bring in female shoppers. Of course, she couldn't blame Brent for getting the wrong idea, since her shop, Sex Appeal, featured interesting...toys and such.

Brent had always been an in-cont

Published July 23rd 2004 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Sex Appeal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex Appeal

Kathy
May 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, humor, sexy
Ellie
Feb 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
I hated the main characters for who they are as people and how they related and reacted to each other. That fact made this a hard read for me.

The hero was too removed. And cold. And know-it-ally. Get over yourself. And the heroine was hot and cold with no ease from one to the other. She's want to have sex, then she wouldn't. She was mad, then she wasn't. Just like that. No conflict resolution, nothing. She would just flip. It was frustrating and annoying. Reminded me of my mother, not always a g
Shawn
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really dislike characters who emotionally behave like a rollercoaster.
MomRocks!
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Tracy Suitor
Library
Crystal
Well let's see, there's the h whose openness is on a level that makes one think she's clueless. She's the sort of pollyanna who sees the good in everyone (which makes it hard to believe she whacked an abusive ex with a baseball bat - that requires you to actually see he needs hit with that clue-by-four). And...also is open and friendly to *everyone*. The problem with this is not everyone out there IS good. She's, in short, the sort that I'd probably sit and judge her diarrhea of the mouth while ...more
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Quente e Sensual.
Lori Foster
H.C.P. Sucessos 31.
2012.

Que personagens mais fofos. Shadow é uma louquinha de marca maior. Brent por sua vez é serio avesso as novidades. Mas quando eles se conhecem tudo muda, ela que não tinha intenção de ter um relacionamento, se apaixona perdidamente por ele. Brent, que era certinho e regrado, vê sua vida virar de cabeça pra baixo, mas nem liga, porque Shadow é a mulher certa pra ele.

O único problema é que temos um admirador secreto, obsessivo que quer Shadow só p
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
May 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fun and light romance
Marblezzie
Dec 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was good. I didn't know why I've read some negative reviews about it. I guess it essentially depends on the one reading it, whether she has enjoyed the book or not.

I loved the characters especially Shadow Callahan. She was both droll and witty and never lets anybody put her down. She was a very straight-forward kind of person and wouldn’t back down if presented head-on with a challenge. Poor Joan didn’t stand a chance. I guess that particular trait of her which won Brent Bramwell’s
Alexandra Theroux
Jun 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
This one was hard to read.
I kept hoping it would get better but I could not get past the lack of chemistry and weird control dynamics between the two characters.
I've got no issue with power plays in relationships/romance, it's the lack of respect and awkwardness of their courtship that I couldn't stand.

This book depicted a dysfunctional and potentially emotionally abusing relationship in my opinion.
Disappointed.
Pam Terry
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought Sex Appeal was very cute, and I hope there is more to the series. A hairbrained easy going woman, meet rich buisnessman. A love story mixed up with a little mystery and murder...very good story
Kesha
Feb 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I knew who the stalker was because he was really the only suspect, but I wasn't really sure because he had an alibi. The ending didn't really tell his motivation for loving Shadow except he was crazy. I wanted to know why he became so focused on Shadow.
Shawna
Jan 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
This was the second story combined in the book scandalous. Scandalized was a better story between the two. I'm kinda disappointed in this one. But I guess all authors have their ups and downs. Not a bad story, just not her best or my fav.!
Georgik Elena
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the characters and their struggles. I was even teary eyed for a couple of moments... well, it got emotional.. :)
Elliebit
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Not for me. Bored out of my mind. Too simplistic. Too I don't know...just not right. Might finish it, but not right now.

ETA: Finished. *long-suffering sigh*
Tribefan
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute... Really enjoyed the heroine...
Cecelia
scintiliating as usual
Erin
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book but it wasn't as strong as Scandalous. But, like with all of Lori Foster's books, it was worth the read.
Tammie
Feb 20, 2017
Mellissa Fraley
Jul 02, 2017
Laurie Gold
rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2010
donetta frith
Dec 28, 2015
SittingHereReading
Nov 15, 2016
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 4 Dec 01, 2009 09:52AM
  • Code Name: Blondie (SEAL and Code Name, #8)
  • You Only Love Twice
  • Nowhere to Run: Not Without Risk / A Man to Die For
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Never Look Back (Look Trilogy, #2)
  • An Offer He Can't Refuse (The Wisegirls, #1)
  • Neck & Neck (Kentucky Derby, #3)
  • Brides of the Night (includes Twilight Vows - Wings in the Night, #6)
  • Charmed (Ghost Hunters, #0.5; Winston Brothers, #2)
  • The Private Eye / Beguiled
  • The Marcelli Bride (Marcelli, #4)
  • So Tough to Tame (Jackson, #3)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Highlander Unchained, Highlander Unmasked, Highlander Untamed

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...