Start by marking “Haunted in Death (In Death, #22.5)” as Want to Read:
Haunted in Death (In Death, #22.5)

Haunted in Death

(In Death #22.5)

3 Compact Discs / 3 hours

Number Twelve is an urban legend in 2060 New York City. The hot club in the 1960s, it is now reported to be hauntedand cursed. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is called there to investigate the apparent murder of Radcliff Hopkins, its new owner and the grandson of the man who made Number Twelve a cultural icon. Several bullets from a banned gun end his dream
Audio CD, Unabridged, 3 pages
Published September 29th 2006 by Brilliance Audio

Phrynne
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5000-books
Just a novella and I always prefer longer books, but still typical J.D. Robb. It made me laugh a lot.

Eve's attitude to ghosts was just so typical of her and her resultant debates with both Roarke and Peabody on the possibility of their existence were hilarious. In fact Eve and Peabody were in top form throughout, making me laugh out loud several times. Oh and also do that dreadful thing of reading bits out to any other adult who happened to be around. Don't you hate people who do that!

As I said
Alex ♈
Good suspense with a light paranormal touch.

Do I believe in ghosts?
I believe in strong women 😉

Eve, I'm back! Missed you much!
Kaetrin
first listen January 2009. Re listen August 2012.

favourite quote:

Witness: "...fucking shark lawyers. Excuse my language."

Eve: "that's okay. Cops hear the word 'lawyer' all the time."

Heh.
Robin
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, mystery
Lt. Eve Dallas investigates the murder of Radcliff Hoskins, the new owner of Number 12, a building that is said to be haunted. Hoskins recently bought the building in order to renovate it to its former glory. Number 12 was a nightclub in the 1960's, owned by Radcliff's grandfather at that time. Eve doesn't believe in the supernatural and doesn't like the distractions in this case. Talk of ghosts aren't going to stop her from solving this murder.

I usually enjoy the novellas in this series, but th
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~
As much as I love this series this book was just ok for me. I prefer the audiobooks, but since this was such a short read I decided to just read the book. The energy of Robb's other books wasn't there right from the beginning, but I assumed it was because I'm so hooked on the audiobooks. So, I got the audiobook - it still fell flat. Although, it picked up half way through, it just never could overcome the absurd plot. With this series being set in the future, you often have to suspend belief for ...more
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Reread for buddy read 2018.
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read 2-5 September 2013
Gave me the creeps!

2nd read 29-31 December 2015
Cyndi
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the words of the Cowardly Lion, "I do believe in ghosts! I do! I do believe in ghosts." 👻
But, for me...they usually just tick me off. They pop up at very inconvenient times.
Anyway, in this book, Eve has to do a bit of ghost busting while solving a couple of murders. Excellent book!!!
Ann Lou
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A haunted and cursed place plus the idea of a ghost lurking kept people at bay in Number Twelve. (place) But murder happened there and our pragmatic and skeptical Eve did not let the legend deter her investigation.

Different from the rest, too short but still enjoyable. Anything that there's Eve is enjoyable :)
İlkim
Mükemmeldi. İlk defa bir Eve Dallas hikayesinde paranormal şeyler vardı. Aslında şaşırtıcı değil, Nora'nın hangi üçlemesini okursanız okuyun elbet bir paranormallik sezersiniz. Inn Boonsboro'da evde gezinen hayalet vs. gibi. Ben bu hikayeye gerçekten bayıldım, kısaydı ama çok güzel zaman geçirdim.
Teri-K
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Haunted - Eve's case takes her back into a murder that occurred during the 1960's. I didn't care for this one much, for two reasons. First, the suspects were too limited and second, I don't like ghost stories, so the "creepy" stuff didn't impress me. I much prefer the earlier novellas, before she started adding a lot of fantasy elements.
Lesley Book Lover
A short read, but still a great read from j d Robb.
Edee Fallon
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the last ID novella that I hadn't read so now I have to wait like everyone else for "new" ID. What am I going to do with myself?
Gabrielle
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.
● ᴢᴏᴇʏ ●
I'm what's referred to in medical journals and higher research circles as a "chicken." Any mention of the paranormal other than a friendly ghost and I am OUTTA HERE. So I approached this one with a substantial degree of trepidation... but it really wasn't much on the ghost/poltergeist angle, mercifully.
⚜️Trea
Oddly enough, I wasn't that impressed with this story. The time setting was off for me, as this would have made a decent Halloween story, but was set in Mid-January. Eve's refusal to believe in the paranormal, or accept others' belief of same was irritating, especially when she is confronted full on by the ghost! The story itself felt rushed, and there wasn't the same mystery vibe to it. Eve knew who did it way too quickly, and with very little investigative work. While I plan to continue the se ...more
Laura Beth
Ghosts haunt the murder scene has Eve Dallas solves a current murder and one from the past. The novellas in this series have a paranormal aspect that in my opinion does not fit the rest of the world that Dallas and company live in. I love the characters and the overall series but the novellas are my least favorite stories in the series.
Belles
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The murder mystery was good, but it was lacking the character development of all the other books in the series so far.
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Well everyone knows I love this series and the characters. I read the book and immediately purchased the Haunted in Death audio for future listens.

I like when Eve and Roarke butt heads. This conflict is more Eve's inability to believe in ghosts and Roarke's Irish background that is heavy with supernatural tales. There are laugh-out-loud moments that always add to these characters' appeal.

If you are an In Death fan you must get this one. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who hasn't read any of
Jenny Delandro
A compelling story about a murder occurring in a 'haunted building'. The victim is related to the original owner.. who become a recluse after a singer he was managing disappeared.
There are more suspects here then usual..
But when the murderer is revealed it was a surprise!
Of all the characters that one was low on my list...
Two murders are solved..
(view spoiler)
Anastasia
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Haunted in Death by J.D.Robb is a short novella in the In Death series. Legendary night club Number 12 is thought to be haunted following the disappearance of a legendary rock star. 55 years later, Lieutenant Eve Dallas investigates the shooting murder of the grandson of the original owner, the man who was thought to be responsible for the singers disappearance. A nice, quick enjoyable book with all the usual characters although lacking the intensity and quality of the full length books.
Angela
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
eve and roark
Donn Lorber
Eve Dallas at her best.. protect and serve
Cindy
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I didn't enjoy this one as much. Next!
Lauren
Haunted in Death
4 Stars

A quick and entertaining novella.

While the paranormal elements in this installment are somewhat incongruent with the established futuristic world building in the series, they are interwoven well within the storyline. It is fun seeing Eve reconcile her analytical thought processes with the existence of ghosts, especially considering the openness of the people around her, mainly Peabody and Roarke, to the idea.

The murder investigation is fairly straightforward with a coupl
Anna Serene
I kind of wish Eve had been a little more sympathetic to a person who was clearly mentally ill. I don't know. Her indifference just kind of irritated me.
Ed
#23.5 in the In Death series. It's 2060 and Homicide Lt. Eve Dallas catches the murder of Radcliff C. Hopkins III. It's unusual because it takes place at No. 12, an iconic address in NYC related to the prior century and because the murder was caused by gunshot, an unusual means now that all firearms are in a collection or are banned. The murder eventually links to the disappearance of a singer, 85 years earlier, and believed killed by Hopkins grandfather. The are inexplicable touches of the supe ...more
Judy Hall
This was just in time for Halloween. More than 80 years ago the owner of nightclub 12 went crazy and locked himself in the apartment upstairs for 10 years after his girlfriend, legendary singer Bobbi Bray disappeared. Since then, business after business has failed here as rumors of the curse grow.

Now Eve has been called to the scene to find the grandson of that owner dead in the former 12, the temperature is dropping, someone is singing, and there’s still another body to find.

I really enjoyed th
Kara-karina
It was an okay short story, peeps. Unusual, because there were heavy paranormal elements here which is unusual for this series, but it was amusing when Eve kept trying to find a logical information for a situation which could not be explained. Of course, Peabody was the opposite and too eager to believe in scary ghosts.

* * *

Ну адекватная повесть, ребята. Больше ничего воодушевляющего сказать не могу. Необычная для этой серии, так как в ней присутствовали сильные паранормальные элементы, что в ра
  • Festive in Death: by JD Robb | Summary & Analysis
  • Naked Came the Phoenix
  • River's End / Remember When / Angels Fall
  • Silver Master (Ghost Hunters, #4)
  • Truth or Dare (Whispering Springs, #2)
  • Wickedly Spirited (Baba Yaga, #3.5)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)
  • Clone Hunter (Clone Rebellion Chronicles)
  • Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Review
  • High Steel: The Daring Men Who Built the World's Greatest Skyline
  • Sense of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #6; Evil #3)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)