Start by marking “Yellow Rose Bride” as Want to Read:
Yellow Rose Bride

Yellow Rose Bride

Seven years ago, seamstress Vonnie Taylor's husband of one day, Adam Baldwin, annulled their marriage. Now she faces the ultimate indignity: sewing his new intended's wedding dress!
Vonnie hasn't forgotten the handsome rancher, despite the family feud that doomed their love. Now, as the past is uncovered and danger is unleashed, Vonnie finds herself again by Adam's side. T
Published March 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Yellow Rose Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yellow Rose Bride

Strawberry
I enjoyed this story. It wasn't fantastic, but I liked the struggle between the main characters and their waring feeling for each other. The author did a much better job of concealing the villain in the story than the oh-so-obvious culprit of her book "Now and Always". I must say, I never read a story line that includes ostriches.
Kathryn
Dec 14, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Denise
Oct 15, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The prologue starts the story in 1865 with four men coming home from the Civil War. A tragic incident happens. The book jumps ahead 33 years to 1898. The story revolves around the story of two of the four men's children. Adam and Vonnie fell in love. The two young people sneaked away (7 years earlier in 1891) and talk a judge into marrying them. Then the girl gets cold feet and begs her husband of a few hours to get their brief marriage annulled. Adam is crushed but complies with Vonnie's wishes ...more
Barbara
I have to agree with another reviewer who described the lead, Vonnie Taylor, as wishy-washy. She is. She is stubborn and, at times, very stupid. Why authors believe that these qualities would be endearing or desirable to men is beyond me.

The prologue features a shootout that leaves a family dead and begets a bitter, lifelong feud between two men which reaches their offspring, Vonnie Taylor and Adam Baldwin. Married for a scant 24 hours when they were adolescents, Vonnie is now a much-admired se
Charlotte
Well, I think the writing itself was pretty good, but the characters and the storyline were just...ridiculous. That much drama is a bit overdone and there is a reason soap operas aren't made into books...to my knowledge. If they are, then there's a reason not many people know about it. I gave it two stars because I like the author's writing style and the premise was a good one, but the circumstances surrounding it were awful. There is no way any self respecting man would still have feelings for ...more
Mary
Jul 06, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How nice that Lori re-wrote her story for the Inspirational/Christian market!

A lovely story of three families who have hidden deep bitterness from an incident soon after the Civil War. The event and rift threatened a second generation teen unconsummated marriage forever until...one dies, and another painfully reveals the issues involved. A story of love. loss, reconciliation and forgiveness. I recommend!
Patricia Hullet
Jul 03, 2014 Patricia Hullet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori Copeland is an excellent author. I don't think I have ever been disappointed in any of her books that I have read. This book was rewritten in a Christian format which brought a lot to the story. I loved all the characters, the only part that I had a hard time believing was that two characters in the book both went bonkers when their spouses died. Otherwise, good book.
Jan 26, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very light read but at the same time very compelling. It was definitely a very strong female main character development story from start to finish with ample mystery/suspense and romance tossed together.
Stephanie
I really enjoyed this book most of the way through it, but it cut off weird at the end and really didn't wrap up very well. There are still things that I am not sure who did them and their reasons for doing what they did.
Jenny
Jul 22, 2008 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book.
Lillian Bittle
Dec 14, 2015 Lillian Bittle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was a wonderful book! Lori Copeland has always been a favorite of mine. This book just confirmed why!
Rebecca
Ugh. Too religious. It's added in and just too forced. The author even says she adds in her "values" since the book was published the first time.
Maggie
Dec 01, 2009 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!!
Jacquie
Mar 03, 2008 Jacquie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books by Lori Copeland. She has a quick wit and the books are very clean. This is a love story in Texas in the 19th century.
Debbie Turner
Another good book of Lori Copeland. An old west novel.
Barb
Jun 28, 2008 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this one had a lot of ups and downs. Was totally clueless on the who done it part. That one supprised me big time.
Leah
Jan 13, 2009 Leah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It just went on and on and on and on.
Englandjennifer
Dec 12, 2011 Englandjennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance, some mystery, a great author. Good book.
Brenda
This was okay, but a bit dragged out. I felt like the characters allowed easily fixed problems to separate them.
Jeanne
Sep 17, 2011 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. I really didn't know who the bad guy was until the author told us. A good story. Not too corny(only a little bit).
Jaclyn
Jul 06, 2009 Jaclyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy Lori Copeland's book, but they are very predictable with little conflict in the plot. I read them when I want a light read that won't take over my life.
Tausha
Aug 18, 2011 Tausha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oct. 2012
I picked this one up again just looking for a quick read. I still give it a four. Cute read!
Ashley
Dec 27, 2009 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It wad just ok. Nothing less and nothing more.
Alison
May 15, 2013 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I would have to say it's her best book!
Veronica
Oct 20, 2012 Veronica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book by one of my favorite authors. :)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I really liked this book. It had all the elements a good Historical Romance book should have without all the steamy romance scenes but a sweet romance none the less with an edge of mystery as well.
Lydia
Lydia rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Janet Heintzelman
Janet Heintzelman rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
Kendra Barton
Kendra Barton rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 27, 2014 02:06PM
  • Kansas Home: Hearts Adrift Find a Place to Dwell in Four Romantic Stories
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • Oklahoma Weddings
  • Oregon Brides
  • Colorado
  • A Stitch in Time: Basket Stitch/Double Cross/Spider Web Rose/Double Running
  • Nebraska Legacy: Four Men Become Husbands of Convenience in the Old West
  • The Bride Backfire (Prairie Promises, #2)
  • Schoolhouse Brides: Teachers of Yesteryear Fulfill Dreams of Love in Four Novellas
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • Where Heaven Begins
  • New Mexico Sunrise: Faith and Love Hold Generations Together in Four Complete Novels
  • The Substitute Bride
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...