Start by marking “Black Butler, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Black Butler, Vol. 3

Black Butler, Vol. 3 (黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji - Black Butler] #3)

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  19,287 Ratings  ·  259 Reviews
Terrorizing its populace, Jack the Ripper has shaken London to its very core. But when Sebastian Michaelis, singular butler of the Phantomhive house, lays bare the madman's true identity, all that is left for him to do is eliminate the perpetrator in the name of the Queen and Phantomhive. But inhumanly efficient skills don't guarantee victory when the opponent is just as s ...more
Published October 26th 2010 by Yen Press (first published December 18th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Black Butler, Vol. 3, please sign up.
Arden most mangas tell you how to read it on the back,check how to read it by looking at other mangas

Fatemeh
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
صحنه های جنگ تمیز و قابل فهم!! خیلی ممنونم بابتش از نویسنده. واقعا بعد از خوندن توکیو غول با صحنه های جنگ گیج کننده ش قدر اینو می دونم :دی
همچنان نقاشی ها نقطه قوتن. داستان مادام رد هم غم انگیز بود؛ تقریبا مطابق انیمه.
Ozan
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the comedy routine between the other servants and Sebastian and how Sebastian saved the day as a butler and more in the end so far. But what really amazed me was the origin of Madam Red which was told in a chapter in the begining of the volume 3. It was brilliant, so sad... Poor woman suffered alot. This didn't make her actions ok in anyway though, nothing could make that. What she did over and over again was just so horrible... That chapter and the all of the story involving Madam Red r ...more
Carla Dente
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sigo sin saber si esto es realmente bueno o todavía soy un asco para juzgar manga jajaja

Amo esta historia, es interesante y muy divertida a partes iguales. Los personajes son geniales y el arte simplemente hermoso.

Ya ampliaré en algún video, quisiera escribir más acá, pero ahora no tengo ganas, tal vez actualice en unos días(? jajaja
Sakuranko
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, gore, manga, rare
Me gustó mucho el gore y la acción en este volumen Me encantaron los análisis finales de Ciel.

4 Estrellas!
Sara
Ah, a bit weird, a bit creepy, at times a little perverse, but I'm reading it anyway. I'm reading it because I LOVE the Black Butler.

Why 3 instead of 4 stars? It's the story line. At times confusing, at times silly, at times flowing like a frozen stream, I feel the urge to keep reading because I like the main character.

This third volume did give us some good background on Ciel's aunt - the lady in red. There's a visit from Ciel's fiance and her mother at the end - at least the fiance wasn't near
Ladiibbug
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#3 Black Butler

The cover art is so striking -- I was so amazed at the image of Sebastian fighting with kitchen utensils, it was hard to get started ;-).

Jack the Ripper case is successfully resolved. More backstory is provided, but *no spoilers* so will leave it at that.

For better reviews, see Good Reader Yvensong's reviews of these books.
osoi
Из хорошего могу выделить развернутый и овер-драматичный флэшбек в прошлое Мадам Ред. Но при всем моем уважении к интерпретации ее персонажа в истории - чего-то не хватило для убедительности. Трагедия? Безусловно. Но что подтолкнуло ее последней черте, где та грань, которую она переступила? Все ступени логически разжеваны, но переход в состояние берсерка неочевиден :[
Кроме того, в этом томе присутствует жутко затянутая драка дворецкого и рипера. Сколько можно болтать и красоваться :( А от постоя
Alison
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy this manga series so much. I love the superb art and design of this series and it's half the reason I read them, or rather, look at them. It's gorgeous stuff and the story is fun too.
Mohamed
getting better and less generic
Despair Speaking
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Finally the question you've been asking a lot in the second volume is answered in the third! Jack the Ripper's true identity has been finally revealed! Ciel and Sebastian manages to catch Jack the Ripper in the act but will they be able to stop him? Especially since Jack the Ripper has quite a few tricks up his sleeve that may actually even beat Sebastian? How is that even possible?!

I'm not going to spoil even if I truly want to. You can just comment on my profile if you don't have this copy and
Lillian
I will admit that I did not read the 3rd volume in book format. No. I perfer not to with how bad the translation of the first two volumes were.

I read the 3rd vol. threw scans. And I must say, without the nuisence of a bad translation done by Yen Press, I could enjoy this series more fully.

The climax of the Jack the Ripper arc hits its mark here. A nice action battle, humor, and some emotional torment that all flows together in this. I really enjoyed this, especially with the more accurate tran
Kalilah
Aug 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-etc
Ciel is such a tattoo; every time he feels someone else is going to get a sympathy vote over unfortunate circumstances he butts in with his, "MY PARENTS DIED WHEN I WAS JUST A CHILD!" sob story. He can't seem to swallow the fact that anyone other than himself could possibly suffer the same amount as he has and feel bad about it. What's more, his philosophic rants boil down to a strong belief against self-pity and relying on others - when that is in fact the essence of his own existence.
Of cours
Miss Ryoko
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I think I'll say this every review: Sebastian is so sexy!!

Haha, well, its not just him. Apparently its all the males. The mysterious prince who shows up on the last page is pretty hot too! XD

Haha, but enough about the ridiculous hotness of the men in this manga!

This volume was actually pretty heartbreaking. It was interesting getting to see the background of some of Ciel's family. So far, with the members we've met, they all seem very different.

And I was dying in hysterical laughter when Aunt Fr
Alexis
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars for Madam Red, and one for the Pretty that is Sebastian.

That is all.
Irina Cebanu
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A while ago I met some negative comments about this manga, saying it contains incest scenes. There is nothing like that in the anime, so I decided to read the manga and see. Apparently, the incest rumors appear from the 14th chapter of this volume, where the readers find out that Elizabeth and Ciel are cousins, his father and her mother being brother and sister. Although this is true, it is not the kind of weird, forbidden love, it is an arrangement made by his and her parents that they would ma ...more
Menna Lotfy
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
اجمل مجلد حتي الان واكثرهم تشويقا لذلك اعطيه خمس نجمات مستحقة
اعجبني القتال بين جريل وسيباستيان ولم اتحمس لوفاة مدام ريد رغم انها النهاية المنطقية لها فيبدو ان التردد في لحظات الانتقام وتحديد المصير لا يجدي نفعا

التردد لثانية واحدة فقط يمكن أن يكون قاتلا

ريفيو الجزء الاول :

ريفيو الجزء الثاني:
Dyanna
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I just have to confess that I like that Ciel was determined to protect Lizzy with his own life despite his claiming that she is just a chess piece , he totally lies , he feels much more then he lets on the surface !
Totally love Ciel & Lizzy :)

Nancy T

Grell <3
Bailey Marissa
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2k17
This was really good. We got character development and more Jack the Ripper.

I feel bad for Ciel's aunt. :(
Lori Cornett
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series has a real knack for mixing the beautifully sad with the delightfully cute in a way only manga ever seems to do.
Rachel Joy
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really well written. There's drama, comedy, paranormal action, and he likes cats.
What can I say, I like Sebastian.
Marie-Josee Larouche
This story was very interesting, it shows Ciel’s first real assignment as the Queens "watch dog". Ciel and Sebastian have to fin the Jack the Ripper who has been murdering women and taking out their womb.

At the beginning it was a little confusing for me. It started off with Ciel and Sebastian fighting Grell and talking about Lady red, (Aunt an). Since it has been a while since I have read Vol.2 it started off too fast and I found that it took me a minute to understand where the story begun, and
Reeva
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!

I feel so bad for Madam Red. Her life was a sad sad story. The man she loved married her sister. Then Red's husband died and she lost her baby. Red couldn't have kids after that and giving all those abortions to whores, when Red wanted what they were throwing away. She just wanted what they had. She gone crazy and then we easily seduced by the Reaper. I'm sorry Red died. I liked her.

I was so confused about whether the Reaper was a boy or a girl, he's a boy I figured out! Aw
Karissa
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third volume in the Black Butler series. I have been absolutely loving this series; it is incredibly entertaining and well drawn.

This volume finishes up the Jack the Ripper storyline started in Vol 2. We also get to meet Ciel’s betrothed’s mother and go on a hunt.

I continue to enjoy the humor and the paranormal plot in these manga. They are absolutely beautifully illustrated with a lot of attention to detail.

I love Ciel and Sebastian as characters; they are fun, mysterious, and quite
Randee
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
As someone else posted, Sebastian IS sexy without even trying to be. I am reading them in order, so this is obviously the third manga and continues the 'Jack the Ripper' story from Volume 2. It's hard for me to put my finger on why I enjoy this so much. It's very 'stylistic' and one either admires it or not, I suppose. I not only love a culture that can bring about such artistry, but the culture that makes it popular. I honestly believe when it comes to dramas, movies, manga's, books...the Japan ...more
Negar
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
این جور مانگاها خیلی گیج کننده س :|
آدم نمیدونه به داستان باید نمره بده، به نقاشی هاش، به انیمه ...
اگه بخوام به انیمه بدم، باید چهار بدم. اگه بخوام به مانگا و نقاشی هاش بدم، یک و نیم یا دو هم شاید کافی باشه چون اصلا از نقاشی هاش خوشم نمیاد و به نظرم قشنگ نیستن. ولی انصافا صحنه های جنگ سباستین و اون شینیگامی قشنگ کشیده بود. اگه بخوام به داستان بدم، همون چهار... داستان بی نقصی نداشت، ولی قشنگ بود... .

+ کسی نمیدونه این مانگاها رو از کجا بیارم که نخوام آنلاین بخونمشون؟ لینک هایی که تا حالا پیدا کردم
Yvensong
In this volume, we have a resolution to the Jack the Ripper murders. We, also, learn more about the bond between Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian, his Butler. Several other connections are revealed, such as Ciel's connection to the Queen, and why he is known as Her "Watchdog", and Grelle's connection to Madam Red.

There are numerous other reveals, which I do not wish to spoil for anyone who is not familiar with these stories, that are interesting, and will be entertaining in future stories.

Sarah Hayes
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
This volume wraps up the Jack The Ripper story arc and concludes with a sweet, character-driven chapter concerning Ciel and Lizzie. I've always considered the JTR arc as the point by which if readers don't like the series yet, they won't like the series at all beyond this point. Ergo, if you didn't like this volume, you'd probably be better off dropping Black Butler all together. The very end of this volume teases the next story arc, featuring two of my favorite characters - Agni and Soma - and ...more
  • Pandora Hearts, Volume 6
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. #6 (D.Gray-man, #6)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 02 (Soul Eater, #2)
  • Loveless, Volume 7
  • Hetalia: Axis Powers, Vol. 2 (Hetalia: Axis Powers, #2)
  • Godchild, Volume 03
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 02 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #2)
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail.
More about Yana Toboso

黒執事 [Kuroshitsuji - Black Butler] (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 2 (Black Butler, #2)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 4 (Black Butler, #4)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 5 (Black Butler, #5)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 6 (Black Butler, #6)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 7 (Black Butler, #7)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Six Wakes
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I want a baby of my very own one day, but it seems that my being male is a BIIIIT of a problem.” 70 likes
“Even though I dislike being kicked by others, I do enjoy the feeling of kicking others” 64 likes