Start by marking “Lessons in Seduction (Cambridge Fellows, #6)” as Want to Read:
Lessons in Seduction (Cambridge Fellows, #6)

Lessons in Seduction

(Cambridge Fellows #6)

This time, one touch could destroy everything

Cambridge Fellows Mysteries, Book 6

The suspected murder of the king s ex-mistress is Cambridge dons Orlando Coppersmith and Jonty Stewart s most prestigious case yet. And the most challenging, since clues are as hard to come by as the killer s possible motive.

At the hotel where the body was found, Orlando goes undercover as a
Published February 16th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published January 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lessons in Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lessons in Seduction

Start your review of Lessons in Seduction (Cambridge Fellows, #6)
Mitticus

4 stars for the lovely couple. I enjoyed their relationship more than the mystery as a matter of fact.

RTC
Elisa Rolle
At the sixth book in the Cambridge Fellows Mysteries maybe it’s superfluous to say that I love these two “cute” guys, Jonty and Orlando, so deeply in love with each other and yet still so new to their love; book after book it seems like they can’t get enough of the joy of living together, and it’s not only, or probably not even, a sexual thing; like the author tells us, Jonty and Orlando are now living together, and they are very much like an ordinary couple: they still enjoy the sexual side of ...more
K
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jonty and Orlando are called in by the police in this 6th instalment of the series, rather than stumbling across a mystery. Panto goes undercover as a professional dancer at the hotel where the King's former mistress is presumed to have been murdered. With Jonty and his father, who knew the dead women's late husband, setting up in the same hotel to play detective

This was another story rich in historical detail and with Jonty and Orlando's relationship getting stronger. I am really enjoying
Jenn (not Lily)
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
Lovely mystery, but so hard to see these two lovers pining for each other from across the room. It was wonderful to meet Orlando's grandmother finally, but I'm anxious to see how he takes to her secrets in the next book...it doesn't sound like it goes very well for him.
Kassa
Feb 21, 2010 rated it liked it
I sometimes wonder if these books are being pushed out too fast. Seeing as they’re being released a few months apart, I worry this may be a case of too much of a good thing. I adore this series and the main characters but this particular offering felt weak with too many loose ends and took the focus away from the real strength of the series. The murder mystery that is depicted in each of the books here takes the vague form of a mistress’ death that some feel may be suspicious. Orlando and Jonty ...more
Sophia
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This latest installment in the series sees Orlando and Jonty no sooner returned to St. Brides than they are called away again to solve a murder. This time it has the reluctant approval of the school master b/c the King himself wants them on the case. The King's former mistress is dead and there are whisperings that the cause isn't natural so off the twosome goes to the coastal hotel that had become her residence. Orlando goes in disguise as a hotel employed dance partner and Jonty goes in the ...more
J.L. Merrow
Mar 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This latest entry in the series has a more relaxed feel, which I think is needed after the angst of the last. One of those books you don't want to finish, because you're enjoying the company of the characters so much!

Could probably stand alone, but I'd definitely recommend reading the whole series in order, though, to get the whole arc of Jonty and Orlando's relationship and character development.
Wende
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love Orlando and Jonty together, It is strange to know that they could get thrown in prison for loving each other. The mystery was great.
pkczetalife
2.5 stars rounded up
Leslie Nicoll
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
THE BLURB

This time, one touch could destroy everything…

The suspected murder of the king’s ex-mistress is Cambridge dons Orlando Coppersmith and Jonty Stewart’s most prestigious case yet. And the most challenging, since clues are as hard to come by as the killer’s possible motive.

At the hotel where the body was found, Orlando goes undercover as a professional dancing partner while Jonty checks in as a guest. It helps the investigation, but it also means limiting their communication to glances
Plainbrownwrapper
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Dangit, for some reason GR insists that I have neither read nor reviewed this book, even though I have actually done both. Please ignore this duplicate review --

Plainbrownwrapper
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
I still love these guys, but I was not as enthralled with this installment as with the previous books in the series. For one thing, the setup required to get the MCs involved in the mystery this time was fairly ridiculous; for another thing, our heroes don't get to spend as much time together as previously, which is a large part of the appeal for me. I also didn't find the mystery plot terribly appealing; and although I do like the character of Jonty's father, his extensive involvement in this ...more
Heather
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: charlie-cochrane
As much as Orlando has grown since his fateful meeting of Jonty, he still keeps his innocence and it's still so endearing. When Jonty had to explain just what a "gigolo" was, I laughed so hard. As much as I love seeing Orlando and Jonty sleuthing together, it was a nice change to see Jonty doing a good share of his investigating with his father, Mr. Stewart. We get a brief introduction to Orlando's grandmother which foretells possible future detecting and maybe (hopefully not) tension between ...more
Becky Black
Another enjoyable installment in the Cambridge Fellows series, but also a book I think I'd only enjoy as part of a series rather than a one-off. The murder they're investigating means our heroes can't get as much time alone as they - and the reader - would like. Romances where the lovers are apart a lot don't generally grab me, but this being a series it's fine for a change, to explore how they cope. And of course it means when they do manage to get together they have to make the most of it! I'm ...more
Tamela
Called in by the King to find out who killed his former mistress. What an accolade for these two detectives. I love the fact that "Oliver" gets to go under cover and as a dancing partner yet. So strange that the murder they were investigating turned out to NOT be a murder but caused a murder to be committed.

Jonty and his father Richard are great together. I do love the Stewart family, they are all heart.

Recommended.
====================================
1st read - Mar 10, 2015
2nd read - Jan 18,
Suze
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another good Jonty and Orlando story - albeit that Orlando is Oliver for most of it. But it was an ingenious way to give a bit of tension and longing to the chaps.
The investigation is quite low key - more gossipy really - and the murder that wasn't becomes the death that was.
Whilst there were lots of suspects and lots of motives and lots of opportunities, the eventual resolution of both deaths were a little damp.
Good to see Jonty and his father having quality time together.
Quick paced,
Julesmarie
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was back to being fun to read again. I appreciated how light the setting was and how fresh it made Jonty and Orlando's relationship feel. And Mr. Stewart's child-like delight in sleuthing was wonderful comic relief.

Some Favorite Quotes:
Mr. Stewart tried very hard to make everything he said the literal, if not the figurative, truth.

"Anyway you're supposed to be looking at least a little timid, or in thrall to my manliness. Could you decide which and then attempt it. Hm?"
Cameluta
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Usually as a series develops the latest books loose the appealing that one finds in the first books. This is not the case with the "Cambridge Mysteries" and Lessons in Seduction proves it. The book has a solid and interesting mystery that is nicely combined with the romance. This book doesn't bring new elements in Jonty-Orlando relationship, but rather is emphasizing the present state of their relationship.
Mara Ismine
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Orlando carries off his undercover role of professional dancer much better than expected - a tribute to his charater growth over the series. The threat of exposure and the dreaded two years hard labour is more to the forefront of this installment and a few hints of resentment at this situation creep in. The mystery is complex and political and I'll have to read it again to get all the nuances leading up to the reveal.
This series is like comfort food for me. I look forward to each book and they make me feel good. I love how each one has a self-contained story as well as furthering the Jonty and Orlando's overall story arch. Lessons in Seduction has a great mystery with quite the twist at the end. Jonty's father plays a big role - I adore him. Plus there is a lovely side story featuring Miss Peters (another favorite character).
Matthew Vandrew
Apr 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
As every book in the CF series, this one was a delight to read. A new aspect: Orlando and Jonty are apart with Orlando going undercover and Jonty's father filling his shoes in investigation.
The murderer was very obvious from certain point and we got less interaction of main protags but otherwise it's still the book we want to read - noble, polite and graceful.
Annelise Lestrange
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book in the series so far. The whole disguise thing was amazing.

(view spoiler)

Already reading the next ;)
Melanie
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it

Rating: 4.25 stars

Lovely, armchair mystery with our Cambridge Fellows chasing the mystery of the death of a mistress of the King. While it lacks the angst of previous stories, the charm and scintillating dialog make this story sparkle.

Read my full review here http://wp.me/p220KL-10c
Linda-Grace
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book as much as the rest even if it was "lighter" than the others. Beautifully wriiten especially the feelings between Jonty and Orlando. Wonderful.
Lily
I'm still enjoying Jonty and Orlando but this book didn't capture my attention.
Bookbee
I love this series. I love Jonty but I especially love Orlando, who has changed so very much since his introduction in the first book!
Chris
Jun 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very good historical m/m mystery/romance, in which Orlando, Jonty, and Jonty's father look into the death of the king's former mistress.
Liz Lovesrainbows
Shelves: favorites
Always love these two.
Kate McMurray
Jun 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This one was maybe my favorite in the series so far.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• A Gentleman Never Keeps Score (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour #1)
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • It Takes Two to Tumble (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #1)
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Christmas Angel (The Christmas Angel, #1)
  • Henri (Confessions, #5)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Bones (Snow & Winter, #4)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • Quill Me Now (The ABCs of Spellcraft, #1; Bad Valentine, #2)
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Introducing Mr. Winterbourne
Because Charlie Cochrane couldn't be trusted to do any of her jobs of choice—like managing a rugby team—she writes. Her mystery novels include the Edwardian era Cambridge Fellows series, series, and the contemporary Best Corpse for the Job. Multi-published, she has titles with Carina, Samhain, Riptide and Bold Strokes, among others.

A member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association, Mystery People

Cambridge Fellows (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Lessons in Love (Cambridge Fellows, #1)
  • Lessons in Desire (Cambridge Fellows, #2)
  • Lessons in Discovery (Cambridge Fellows, #3)
  • Lessons in Power (Cambridge Fellows, #4)
  • Lessons in Temptation (Cambridge Fellows, #5)
  • Lessons in Trust (Cambridge Fellows, #7)
  • All Lessons Learned (Cambridge Fellows, #8)
  • Lessons for Survivors (Cambridge Fellows, #9)
  • Lessons for Suspicious Minds (Cambridge Fellows, #10)
  • Lessons for Idle Tongues (Cambridge Fellows, #11)