Start by marking “Keepers Of The Flame (The Summoning, #4)” as Want to Read:
Keepers Of The Flame (The Summoning, #4)

Keepers Of The Flame (The Summoning #4)

Two sisters born to serve

The sorcerers of Lladrana have already Summoned three women to help fight the evil attacking their world. Yet their fourth Summoning brings the unexpectedtwin sisters. And ones with strong ties to Earth.

Both have a special gift to heal. But while Brigid Drystan has explored that gift through unorthodox means, Elizabeth has poured herself into get

Published January 1st 2008 by Luna Books

To ask other readers questions about Keepers Of The Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keepers Of The Flame

Gail
Feb 16, 2008 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves romantic fantasy
Robin is a friend of mine, so I remember when she was struggling with squeezing what she’d intended to be two books down into one. The struggle shows, a bit, because knowing and loving Robin Owens’ work as much as I do, I could see places where normally she would have written a deeper scene. However, the book is still a good read. It’s a continuation of her Summoning series, and in this book, a set of identical twins with identical healing powers are called to the world of Lladrana. One twin em ...more
Gardavson
Ok, so I didn't care for Bri and Elizabeth, but particularly Elizabeth. She/they were rather mercenary and egotistic. Perhaps pseudo on track for a doctor, but she just got her MD, she should still have some idealisticality. And Bri should be all altruism. Not so. I didn't care for how they didn't join in with the other Exotiques. They were determined to be outsiders and treated differently than the others. I was happy with Elizabeth's story completion, and kinda Bri's. She coulda been a bit mor ...more
Deborah Joyner
Feb 16, 2011 Deborah Joyner rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I wished Raine had her own book. I didn't like Cassidy at all. But still a fun read.
zjakkelien
Keepers of the flame is book 4 of the Summoning series. All books are about women who are Summoned from Earth to Amee. There, they discover they have power, are needed in a fight against the dark, and they meet their significant other. Book four is no exception, except that instead of one woman being Summoned, this time there are actually two. Well, (view spoiler)Having really liked the first two books, but being a bit disappointed in the third, ...more
Cris
Karina
Dec 17, 2007 Karina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This author, series, and book are fabulous. I read too late two nights in a row since I coudn't bear to put it down and can't believe I now have to wait for an entire year to find out what happens next!

Although each book could be read as a stand-alone, I recommend you read the series in order. Each one entails a female from Earth being Summoned to Llandarana to help them save their world from the encroaching Dark. Each heroine has to go through tests and tribulations to come into her Power and t
Sheena
Jun 10, 2008 Sheena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
As with so MANY Luna offerings this book felt more like a sketch than a fully developed novel. There is some great writing in there, some good characters and interesting ideas but nothing ever felt fleshed out. I have to wonder if Luna pushes their authors to meet unreasonable deadlines. I will stay tuned for other books by the author but skip the others in this series unless I find them at the library.
Jessica
May 27, 2014 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate giving bad reviews. But this is just the same story (and I don't mean a continuation of the plot) as in the last three of this series, switching around a few details. Romance novel with a paper thin veneer of fantasy.

I just can't finish it. I'm not even going to try the last one, Echoes in the Dark.

Go read Robin Hobb. Start with Assassin's Apprentice, the first novel of the Farseer Trilogy. You won't be sorry.
Samantha
Jan 15, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jess
Jul 26, 2011 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the most recent in the Llandrana series. It's a really great read. At times I wanted to smack Elizabeth (She was my least favorite twin), and I thought that the part with Raine was a bit rushed. Hopefully the last book in the series (coming in 2009) will finish her story along with that of the last Exotique!
Jessica
May 10, 2010 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Ok...I really disliked Elizabeth. I like Bri though. The story was good and the wrting pretty good but she tried to cram way too much in this book. The main characters, each giving their own persective?! Waaaayy too much going on. If she had made this two books and actually explored some characters a little more it would be a stronger book. I still love the story arch though.
Marie
Jan 17, 2012 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started off interesting to me, especially because I am a twin so I could easily relate to the story. It felt jumbled up towards the middle/end. It was as if this could have been several stories into one. Usually I can read a book in a few days. This took forever as I set it down, read through a few pages, then set it down for weeks.... The first books in her series are much better.
Slynne
Feb 25, 2008 Slynne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Too much plot was shoved into too little book. I didn't feel like you got to know the characters individually as well as you have in prior books in the series. It was bad enough that you had the 2 main heroines, but the addition of the next main heroine for the next book really took away from this book's potential.
Amber
Feb 05, 2016 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I'm enjoying this series vastly I feel like this book had some flow issues. it came in fits and starts. I found the twins abrasive for a large portion of the story and couldn't root for them. I eventually rooted for Bri, but it took a long time. I feel terrible for how the story has gone so far for Raine and am sure the following book shall prove interesting.
pauliree
Apr 14, 2014 pauliree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, read-in-2014
Much better than the previous novels, although having two main Exotiques as the story flow became a little tedious, I would have preferred the straight narrative. Raine never seemed to get much of her own book, having to share this one and the next.
Tina Summers
Jan 29, 2017 Tina Summers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected but good

I thought I could predict where this book was going, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover I was wrong! Lots of plot twists expertly woven throughout the novel. Great characters, about to start the next instalment!
Thelma
Oct 30, 2012 Thelma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent
Deborah Gillespie
Oct 19, 2011 Deborah Gillespie rated it really liked it
Shelves: catalogued
Which I had purchased this series much sooner. A very enjoyable read. Can't wait to see how it all ends up.
Dima
not as good as the first 3 books.
Deanna Roberts
Jan 01, 2008 Deanna Roberts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book with high anticipation and was well rewarded. I love this series of books and the world Lladrano.

Now I have to wait for the next one.
Kris
Oct 23, 2008 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, this author surprises and delights.
Nikita Segadaes
Mar 16, 2013 Nikita Segadaes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not too bad, some of the characters were really annoying at times, but otherwise a pretty good read!
Dawn Roberto
Jan 15, 2008 Dawn Roberto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am soooo looking forward tot he next Summoning Series book!
Tabitha
Dec 29, 2014 Tabitha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Karen
Mar 16, 2016 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
#4 in The Summoning series; the Marshall's of Llandra desperately call another Earth female to assist in saving their world. Good series.
AK Anderson
Jun 02, 2013 AK Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this series. Even with the very clear pattern that MUST happen from book to book, I want to read it through to find out what happens next.
Steph
Jan 25, 2009 Steph marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
From Dorri
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 22, 2015 07:34PM
  • Shattered Dance
  • The Night Bird (Lost Continent #5)
  • The Barbed Rose (One Rose Trilogy, #2)
  • On Fire's Wings (Final Dance, #1)
  • Silver's Lure
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • Seraphim (Changelings, #1)
  • Shadows of Destiny
  • Spellweaver (Nine Kingdoms #5)
  • Under Camelot's Banner (The Paths to Camelot, #3)
  • The Flame (Sons of Destiny, #7)
  • Burning Bridges (Retrievers, #4)

The Summoning (6 books)
  • Song of Marwey (The Summoning, #0.50)
  • Guardian of Honor (The Summoning #1)
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
  • Protector of the Flight (The Summoning #3)
  • Echoes in the Dark (The Summoning #5)