Start by marking “The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth” as Want to Read:
The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth

The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth

Would you like to know the secrets to making all the money you’ll ever want?

Now, two mega-bestselling authors with decades of experience in teaching people how to achieve extraordinary wealth and success share their secrets. Mark Victor Hansen, cocreator of the phenomenal Chicken Soup for the Soul series, and Robert G. Allen, one of the world’s foremost financial experts,
Published October 22nd 2002 by Harmony (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The One Minute Millionaire, please sign up.
Renee Fear. Despite given the tools to succeed, most people either a) don't take the first step or b) quit just before they reach their defining moment. For…moreFear. Despite given the tools to succeed, most people either a) don't take the first step or b) quit just before they reach their defining moment. For example, there's money to be made in the stock market. Some fear they'll lose their money therefore won't invest, others invest but the minute they see the stocks going down, they sell; even their money makers. Then there's c) the doers who are in denial that they made a mistake, and instead of pulling out, continue to lose everything.
There's money to be had and there's plenty for everyone. Many say making that first million is the hardest part....everything after that comes easily. (less)

Start your review of The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
Richard Stephenson
May 16, 2011 rated it liked it
*Maybe* Recommend - see disclaimer.

There are 2 types of finance books out there: (1) soft-skills and (2) hard skills. Kiyosaki vs. Lynch. Hill vs. Graham... et cetera. This book is a "soft-skills" book. The main focus of the entire book is to get your mind and heart congruent and focused on a more successful future (however you'd like to define 'success').

You won't find stock picking secrets, market analysis, accounting tips, etc. from this book. You will find out how to set yourself up for more
Lain
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
What a unique take on a book structure-- love the two-book approach. I truly enjoyed the novel portion and give it a solid four stars; the "how-to" portion was a little less impressive. I found a lot of the suggestions to be cursory at best. Plus the idea of encouraging people to jump into real estate flipping in this market seems more than a little irresponsible.

I think there's a lot of information and inspiration to be gleaned, but I found the specifics a little shallow (how do you convince p
Cameron
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The one-minute millionaire is a book of two parts.

The first is a series of informational chapters that give you tons of information on building wealth. While these chapters are not riveting, they provide tons of insights into building long-lasting wealth. During these chapters I found myself revisiting the text over and over again really looking to deep into not only the text but how I could apply it into my life.

The second part of the book takes all the lessons you just learned and forms them
Christine
Apr 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An inspirational and lovely way to communicate both the left and right-brained reasons why this is indeed an abundant universe. Practical and inspiring. I'm going to re-read it right away and make my first million dollars. Ready, set, go...
Jaelithe Leigh-Brown
Great lessons to apply for success

I love how this book is in two halves. Tips and techniques for the logical thinkers and then a story of the advice for the creative thinkers. It helps consolidate our learning and I can't wait to try the ideas out.
Sherman Armbrister
Very interesting concepts. A very easy read. I was, however, disappointed with not having access to the original website.
Cody Ray
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Not what you might expect from a book titled "One Minute Millionaire"; most of the emphasis is placed on the subtitle, or how to become an "enlightened millionaire". This isn't your typical left-brain numbers and tactics approach to finance but rather a semi-spiritual guide to creating positive financial changes for yourself and others. The content is entirely focused on increasing income, as opposed to many financial books that are largely about decreasing expenses. The book is really cool and ...more
Autumn
The person I tutor chose to read this together. It is divided into two styles: the even pages are a fact-ridden, step-by-step guide; the odd pages a fictional narrative about a woman who uses these steps to earn a million dollars in 90 days. We read the narrative. It was alright and we got through it because we wanted to find out what happened with the woman. I learned that I do not want to be a millionaire because I have no interest in real estate, investments, or sales, which are apparently so ...more
Will Once
Oct 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nah, not for me. This is one of those self-help "make yourself richer" sort of books which is long on promise and short on delivery.

There are some nuggets in here, but to find those nuggets you have to wade through way too much waffle for my liking. And bizarrely there is a second-rate novel sandwiched in between the main subject of the book. One page of novel followed by one page of lecture then another page of novel.

Presumably if you wade through the novel it might have some relevance to the r
Ryan O'Connor
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book more than most financial books for two reasons. 1) the split story (two books in one) and 2) if nothing else it opens your eyes to a couple of different ideas regarding money. With out letting anything out of the bag, this book brings in some other aspects of wealth than just make it and keep it. Where is your head at? What else can you do to improve your ability to make money? etc.

I amy not agree with all of the advice in this book but I really liked the ideas in it on a pe
Jenna Glatzer
Feb 06, 2010 rated it did not like it
Yes, I feel a little silly admitting I'm reading this one. So far, I'm still reading it with my arms folded and an eyebrow cocked, but we'll see. I don't like the format of the novel and nonfiction book on alternating pages. Very confusing. So far I've read the novel, and am just beginning to go back and read the nonfiction part.

--ETA: Yeahh, the nonfiction part stunk, too. I found it very unrealistic. Oh well.
Botty Dimanov
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abbundance
One Minute Millionaire

Most certainly the best book about abundance that I have read recently!

Primarily because of the 2-in-1 book technique that delivers the same lesson twice in a different way, with clear examples of how to apply the principles!
Mohamed Tohami
Apr 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wealth-creation
great book. The story part of the book is very inspiring. I highly recommend it.
Greg Starkey
Dec 31, 2010 rated it it was ok
Author stuck in the industrial age, conventional wisdom, not so applicable in 2011
Shaeley Santiago
Jun 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A story with a profound message about pursuing your passion and living life to the fullest.
Shelly Bishop
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book, worth the read, great story and makes you think.
Gen
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It really changed my life
Michael M. Clarke
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heavy on inspiration, a little light on details. If you are having trouble understanding the millionaire mindset, this is a good, quick read to get you going.
Pete Williams
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No book changed my life more than this. One throw-away paragraph about the Brooklyn Bridge was the seed for the entire OwnTheG.com.au project and everything that's come after it.
Han Boon
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Breakthrough insights and brilliant hands on tips and action steps! Not just a theoretical book.
Fernando M
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love everything about this book.
Allan Susoeff
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Older info but still a favorite when I need inspiration
Noor Saffreena
[ Review in English Version]
If you are in a car crash and your kids are beneath the car. You are all alone. What will you do?
You'll probably gather all you strength to help your kids survive through it right?
That's how this "The One Minute Millionaire" potray the situation. You'll do your best when you are desperate.
This book use the concept of side by side story line where one side of the page is on the thoery while the other side is the story line.
It started with Mitchelle that lost her hu
Lethumusa Kulube
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The structure of the book is one that appeals to both left and right brain readers. Folks that enjoy storytelling may resonate with the right side of the book, which introduces us to a widowed and bankrupt mother of two who is accepts a challenge to raise R1 000 000 cash in 90 days. The left side of the book shares the principles of the book which the main character is learns throughout the challenge, but in a manner which appeals to structured left brain readers.

I enjoyed learning about the con
Waseem
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Let me preface this review by saying I listened to the abridged version - but I doubt I missed out on much as I found this book pretty basic and suited for complete newbies in the field of self development and wealth building principles...( I.e not me )

In a way it can be also argued it’s not recommended for newbies either as it covered various business models vaguely whereas a dedicated book on real estate , internet marketing etc would serve its purpose better as a stand alone focused read vs s
Ben Griffioen
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting book. I prefer books with lots of application. As I started this book, I thought it would be a "how to" book, with various strategies on how to make money. For example, it talks about real estate, business, or the power of the internet.

However, most of the book is about the "aha" realizations of the authors throughout their successful careers: the power of a higher being, givers gain, integrity, networking, being charitable, etc. These epiphany's are terrific, but aren't really what
Jim Fulner
This book is written by the Chicken Soup for the Sole guy and tries to copy that format, while teaching you how to make money so you can better all of humanity. It has some good insight, and the story leads me to wish there really was an "Always Together Bear" I could give Zebedee. Of course the non-fiction part of the book claims it does exist but I'd scored the Internet to no avail. returnreturnMaybe one day some of this stuff will take to heart, but really I need to eliminate all of my consum ...more
Iain
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Very motivational, but I have my doubts about some of the ethics in the situations presented, specifically helping an old woman to move out of her house into a retirement home and buying it off her cheap. I don't know how practical the advice is, either, but it is an easy read and good for basic tips.
Denise Hatcher
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I first read this book in 2002 and took some careful notes in it. I enjoyed the unique structure of lessons on the left, and a story that reinforces the lessons on the right. I think there are good lessons about money as well as life in this book. It challenged me to think and ask what makes me happy as well as how I define success.
Miss M.
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This a very helpful book. I like that it is sort of like two books in one: the story side and the logical, business side. This book provides real tips and concrete examples. Easy to follow and apply. Highly recommended.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Millionaire Mind
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
  • Law of Success
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
  • Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
  • Master-Key to Riches
  • See You at the Top
  • The Wealthy Barber: The Common Sense Guide to Successful Financial Planning
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part II: The End of the Story
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • The Science of Getting Rich
Mark Victor Hansen is an American inspirational and motivational speaker, trainer and author. He is best known as the founder and co-creator of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book series.

Mark Victor Hansen was born to Danish immigrants, Una and Paul Hansen. He grew up in Waukegan, Illinois. He graduated from Southern Illinois University in 1970 with a B.A. in speech communications.

Along with busi