Start by marking “Designing an Herb Garden” as Want to Read:
Designing an Herb Garden

Designing an Herb Garden

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
The world-famous Brooklyn Botanic Garden offers a new entry in its highly praised series, which The New York Times calls a “brilliant collection of gardening books.” Focusing on elegant designs for herb gardens, it features 9 essays by the most well-respected experts in the field; each one has a color spread by Steve Buchanan showing a 3-dimensional garden plan, plus an ex ...more
Published September 1st 2004 by Brooklyn Botanic Garden (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Designing an Herb Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Designing an Herb Garden

Liz
Jul 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
I feel like the title of this guide understates its positive aspects. It's not just about designing an herb garden, but also has specific information on cultivation of different herbs, on some of the the cultivars available on the market for some of the more common herbs, which herbs do better in containers than others, and more. I have found this to be a useful guide in picking which cultivar of a common herb to grow, amongst other things.
Aaron Meyer
Oct 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: herbs, borrowed-book
A decent book showing you how to make a variety of herb gardens. I particularly enjoyed the shade garden which didn't have the usual suspects in it. Has along with the design a listing of the plants, with some helpful growing instructions and uses for the plants. I probably will never attempt any of the designs, they just don't appeal to me, but some of the plants I would definitely like to include in my garden.
Jessica