Start by marking “Winter Kissed” as Want to Read:
Winter Kissed

Winter Kissed

A Kiss of Frost by Michele HaufWhen winter god and assassin Jal Frost's latest assignment targets mortal Kate Wilson, the last thing Jal anticipates is falling for his victim. But she provides a warmth unlike anything he's known. Soon Jal faces his most vexing challenge as he must choose between the woman he loves and his duty as a god....Ice Bound by Vivi AnnaOn a special ...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Harlequin Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about Winter Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Kissed

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I love winter, and I was overjoyed at the prospect of reading a duo of paranormal stories based on folklore relating to winter. Even cooler, I read this in December, although in Texas, we don't exactly get much snow. It was chilly outside at least, so it added to the mood.

I enjoyed the lesser-utilized winter folkore in both of these books. In the case of the Michele Hauf story, A Kiss of Frost, it was Jack Frost. I never thought of Jack Frost as sexy, but Ms. Hauf really manages to make her vers
Lenore
A Kiss of Frost was not what I expected. I have heard good things about Hauf, but boy was I disappointed. It had no depth (even for a short story) and it completely lacked imagination. Two stars.

Ice Bound was better. I might read Blood Secrets should I get the chance in the future. The characters were better developed (notice I said better and not well developed) and there was a story involved.

Overall, do I recommend it? No. I had considered getting a used copy of one of Hauf and Anna's books an
Kim
I actually didn't finish this collection. Michele Hauf's "A Kiss of Frost" was enjoyable, but while Vivi Anna's "Ice Bound" seemed to be an interesting story, I didn't feel up to struggling through its clumsy and uncomfortable prose, mentally editing as I went along.
Steph
Both stories were full of winter love. Jack Frost as an assassin, killing those who destroy nature, who refuses to kill as ordered and a Snow Maiden trapped in an icy prison because of love.

Something fun to read when it's +90 outside at Christmastime. :)
Krista Braaten
Feb 10, 2015 Krista Braaten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Hauf doesn't disappoint. The Character of Kate was wonderful. Emotion on her sleeve, easy to relate to, and so much fun to learn about. Jal Frost was the picture of the perfect man. Yet, he also had flaws that made him appealing. Even though he did his job well, he liked to have a reason for it. The two of them together found a chemistry that they couldn't deny. Yet him being an Ice god and her being a mortal, how could they make it work?

This is my first story by Vivi Anna and won't be my la
Linda C
This book includes to short novels. A Kiss of Frost by Michele Hauf brings god and assassin, Jal Frost, to mortal Kate Wilson's cabin to give her his deadly touch. But although Jal has done this many times at the command of Old Man Winter, it has always been to those who have been harming the environment and he can see none of that in Kate. He decides to find out why she is his target and ends up getting involved in her life and jeopardizing his own existence as well. A few gaps in the logic lef ...more
Andrea
Aug 22, 2010 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first story- a kiss of frost was really good with a sad ending, the second story- ice bound was ok. Overall the book was an ok read with winter themed love and awesome ideas but not an earth shattering read.
Jennifer Mathis
Aug 24, 2011 Jennifer Mathis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
2 awesome short winter stories
Denise
Mar 02, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like these paranormal romances that consider a subject beyond vampires and werewolves. This one gives a whole new meaning to the terms Jack Frost and hypothermia. :)
Sasha Carby
May 20, 2013 Sasha Carby marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
how do i read this book on goodreads?
Betsy
Dec 28, 2014 Betsy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute stories about a woman falling in love with Jack Frost, and a man saved by an Ice Maiden.
Jake
Jake rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Louise
Louise rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
CaliGirlRae
CaliGirlRae rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2008
Jacquie C M
Jacquie C M rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Jodi
Jodi rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2010
Robin Priddy
Robin Priddy rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2011
Gale
Gale rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2009
Tyia
Tyia rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2010
Katrina Berry
Katrina Berry rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Sonya
Sonya rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2012
Linda Watts
Linda Watts rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2015
Lawanda
Lawanda rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2011
Silke Juppenlatz
Silke Juppenlatz rated it really liked it
May 31, 2011
Toni
Toni rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2012
Farhiya Ali
Farhiya Ali rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2010
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
J. Yong
J. Yong rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2010
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2008
Ang from OZ
Ang from OZ rated it liked it
May 18, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4)
  • Black Magic Lover
  • The Quest (Warriors for the Light #3)
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Back to Life
  • Cry Of The Wolf (The Pack #5)
  • The Hellhound King (Unbound #5)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • Last of the Ravens
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • Son of the Shadows (The Gifted #3)
  • Red Wolf (Wolf Moons, #1)
  • Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over twenty years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cre
More about Michele Hauf...