Start by marking “Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body” as Want to Read:

Raw snacks are nature’s original fast foods — easy to prepare, delicious, and bursting with the ingredients you need to stay healthy and energized on even the busiest days. Stephanie Tourles offers 125 simple recipes for mouthwatering trail mixes, smoothies, energy bars, juice blends, vegetable chips, cookies, and more. Made from unprocessed whole foods like nuts, fruits, ...more
Published December 23rd 2009 by Storey Publishing, LLC (first published December 16th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Raw Energy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raw Energy

Start your review of Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body
Stephanie
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, 2016
This book has a lot of clean recipes in it. The first part of the book is a thorough explanation of all the different ingredients you would use or the different items you would need to prepare the different snacks in the book. Tourles breaks down the book into different types of foods - i.e. smoothies, bars, soups, etc.

Worth checking out if you are into eating healthier.
Kristine
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I bought this on a whim on amazon last month for $3 as a kindle deal of the month. I'm glad I did.

So here's the deal: the last two years I've started getting really passionate about being healthy. I've always had weird health problems that are all unexplainable to the medical community (chronic fatigue, morning nausea, joint pain, etc. etc.). I thought I might be celiac and tried eating that way and felt better, my test came back negative, though. Two years ago D's cousin who owns a health
Kathleen
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
had some really interesting and yummy looking recipes. Still have to try them, but I'll update this when I do.

I do wish, though, that there were some more versatile items; I felt that only a few could be used for more than one purpose... Unlike when I first opened the book, and read the introduction, this book only partially lived up to its hype, so that was a little disappointing to me. I had expected more smoothies and the like, and there weren't that many. I'm kind of disappointed. out of the
Hazel Leu
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re into raw food this is for you.
Chrissy
Mar 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to learn I would be reviewing this Recipe Book. My husband is all about energy drinks, bars and things of that nature. I hate it that he consumes all that sugar in those energy drinks and I thought the Raw Energy Recipe Book would be a great way to get him to eat more healthy and still have his energy boosts threw out the day.

The first 2 chapters go over the raw snack basics and what you would need in the kitchen and items in your pantry and what they do for you. I Liked that it
Kelly Martinez
Jan 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
If anything, I enjoyed the information about raw foods in the beginning more than the recipes. The photography is beautiful and inspiring on every single page. She explains the nutritional content of everything... from the raspberries you snack on, to the chives that top your soup. I get writer's block when I'm forming a grocery list, now all I have to do is flip through the beginning of this. Now onto the recipes. The smoothies aren't anything too special. The chips and dips section however, ...more
Emily Mellow
Jun 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sadly this book is missing pictures for most of its recipes; however, there are tons of delicious ideas. I have used several with great success, and only one dud. The author does waste a lot of print space going on and on about how wonderful each ingredient is for you. Save that info for the intro chapters, and leave the recipe pages for only what we need to know to make each dish, please.

This has to go back to the library before I've made all the recipes I want to try! So, I'm marking the
Jeanette Johnson
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the first raw foods book I ever picked up and I love her recipes. It was a great intro to raw-vegan foods and it was fate that I bought it!

Even if you don't want to commit to a raw-vegan lifestyle, you can't argue that store bought, preserved, expensive energy bars aren't always "healthy" and the raw, organic, fresh recipes you can whip up at home are much better and cheaper!

I've gotten coworkers and family members interested in raw foods and healthier eating with her tasty havlah
Kathy
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
I've read through a lot of recipe books lately and so far this is one of my favorites. So often when I read through a healthy cookbook I think yuck I wouldn't eat that! Not the case with these recipes. I've picked out 20 recipes I want to try. This book has a lot of snack like foods but as my kids will be heading back to school soon I'm looking for healthy "treats" to add to the lunches they'll be taking to school so these recipes are exactly what I was looking for.
Although I guess my 5 star
Amy
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
I checked this book out from the library and was impressed with it so much that I checked it out a second time. I find most raw food cookbooks intimidating, but this one uses mostly basic ingredients and what's more? The author talks about the nutritional value of different ingredients and why they are important. Not only did I find some yummy raw recipes, I learned even more about nutrition! It's a great book for anyone curious about raw food.

Not all the recipes are technically vegan. Most of
Tom
Jan 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Very good. Hardly the quintessential book On raw dieting but still it has a lot of recipes that are accessible and extremely healthy for any reader. Though some recipes require a Dehydrator which novices and newcomers to raw dieting and cooking will probably not have, many of these recipes require no special equipment.
missy jean
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Probably the most helpful raw cookbook I've read, because it isn't like, "TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE BY NEVER COOKING ANYTHING AGAIN AND SPENDING THREE DAYS PREPARING EACH MEAL." Instead it's like, "Here's a nice little raw snack that you can make in five minutes and have for breakfast tomorrow, you know, if you want to."
Shannon
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was a superb introduction to raw food and healthy, veggie-packed recipes. I do not intend to become vegetarian or vegan, but I do feel inspired to include more nutrient dense, plant-based foods in my diet after reading this book.
Amanda
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Educational, for sure. I am not ready (or willing) to completely change my diet to entirely raw eating. Raw Energy did give wonderful recipes and brilliantly listed the benefits of most ingredients.
Karen Hood
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
Raw recipes interest me and this collection of 124 recipes are easy and quick to make to supplement your diet
Lilli Smith
Great recipes! But it's helpful to have a food processor and a dehydrator.
Pamela
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Too many recipes dependent upon nuts and dehydrator. Not for me.
Janet
Mar 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook, health
Healthy, easy and accessible recipes using all raw ingredients. Yum.
Melanie
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Got this at the library and it was inspiring! Got me excited about incorporating more raw foods in my diet. A quick but very inspiring read, for sure!
Monique
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book with tons of information. The recipes seem easy to do but some of the food items are in my normal shopping budget. Guess I need to revamp my grocery list. Totally recommend.
Bear
Feb 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Simple. Small book, not intimidating.
Janice Kaska-phillips
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Can't wait to read more of her books. Very good information that you will undoubtedly carry with you into the grocery store.
Alison
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty fat heavy, but the recipes are nice for a treat... don't believe her when she says that they're healthy though, unless they're basically fruit heavy and fat light.
LemontreeLime
Jan 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
The downside of vegan is all the hard work involved with making the recipes, mores the pity. I photocopied 2 recipes for future experiments and gave it away to a more ambitious cook!
Talkingleaf99
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good ideas
Julie Doherty
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great simple raw-food recipes and tips. Yum! Best Maple Nut Bar recipe ever.
Deanna
Feb 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: health
She's not over the top. I like that.
Amy
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by me at Amy Blogs!
Emily
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Would be excited to try all these recipes if it weren't for that pesky nut allergy...
I'm sure I can substitute some things or leave some out and achieve a similar result.
Jamie
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The whole raw diet fascinates me. I truly believe in eating food that is 'alive'. But let's be completely honest; I bought this book for the desserts. :)

• El Arte de Escuchar el Cuerpo: Descodificación Biológica Original (Salud y Terapia nº 2016)
  • Mac and Cheese
  • The Bad Seed (The Bad Seed, #1)
  • Dictionary of Architecture and Construction
  • The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure
  • The Cheapskate Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of Americans Living Happily Below Their Means
  • The I Love Trader Joe's College Cookbook: 150 Cheap and Easy Gourmet Recipes
  • Tomatoland: How Modern Industrial Agriculture Destroyed Our Most Alluring Fruit
  • A Woman's Guide to a Healthy Stomach: Taking Control of Your Digestive Health
  • Decoded
  • Good and Mad: The Revolutionary Power of Women's Anger
  • Oh Crap! Potty Training: Everything Modern Parents Need to Know  to Do It Once and Do It Right
  • The Barefoot Investor: The Only Money Guide You'll Ever Need
  • I Miss You When I Blink: Essays
  • Getting Your Sh*t Together: The Ultimate Business Manual for Every Practicing Artist
  • I Moved Your Cheese: For Those Who Refuse to Live as Mice in Someone Else's Maze
  • Don't Throw That Away!: 1,001 Ways to Reuse Your Stuff