Start by marking “Jedi Academy Trilogy (Star Wars)” as Want to Read:
Jedi Academy Trilogy (Star Wars)

Jedi Academy Trilogy (Star Wars)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  774 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Seven years after the founding of the New Republic, Princess Leia Organa Solo is Minister of State and has borne three Jedi children -- the twins, Jacen and Jaina, and baby Anakin. Han Solo is an official envoy for the new government, traveling the galaxy on diplomatic missions. And Luke has been given leave to seek out candidates for a Jedi Academy that will not only hera ...more
Published 1994 by GuildAmerica Books

To ask other readers questions about Jedi Academy Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jedi Academy Trilogy

Aug 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
I found these books really disappointing. Poorly plotted, starting with the introduction of a Mary-Sue character named Kyp Durron, who is *stronger* in the Force than Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Add to that we also get a weapon that one ups the Deathstar in the Suncrusher, and it just feels like Anderson couldn't come up with anything, so he decided to one-up Lucas.

And then there is the villain, Admiral Daala. So we're supposed to believe that she was given the command of a fleet of Star Destroy
Jim Bob
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not the worst of the extended universe books I've read but certainly nowhere near the top half. Characters are bland and 2 dimensional, the dialogue/narrative is poor and repetative, and well established characters behave in ways which are not in keeping with their character traits.

I usually get immersed when reading Star Wars books but found myself regularly skimming these ones.
Nov 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
I though that this was a really good book. It took it past the high bar that the movies had set. Though there were some flaws in the ideas, It was well rounded and it peaked my interest. I would recommend it only after you have seen the original movies.
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great Star Wars addition.
Lewis Clark
It's fine. Not the best trilogy of Star Wars novels by any stretch of the imagination but it's a decent enough fix if you want something that reminds you of the high points of the original trilogy. Sadly that's where this whole thing falls down. It's just too familiar. The big conflict in Champions of the Force is taking down ANOTHER Death Star making this the Empire's third attempt at making one and the third time it's been overthrown by the rebels. Kyp is definitely the star of the show and co ...more
Dannie Stockman
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good from start to finish. One of my favorite trilogies in the Expanded Universe!
Dec 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fan de Star Wars
Recommended to Sebastien by: Darksaber
Shelves: star-wars
Après avoir lu Darksaber, je suis tomber amoureux du style de l'auteur et je voulais en avoir plus. Comme mon amis n'avait pas l'intention de faire venir ce livre (que je voulais lire absolument), j'ai décidé de m'abonner au SC-Fiction Book Club. J'ai commander 7 libre qui me revenaient à environt 3.50$ chaque (1$ par livre, + taxe + livraison) et l'un de ceux-là était Jedi Academy Trilogy.

Sachant que c'était le roman avant Darksaber dans la chronologie j'avais beaucoup d'attentes et autant j'en
Jose L Rivera
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
This trilogy was bad and Kevin Anderson should feel bad. Aside from the Han story from the first book most of the time it feels like characters just shuffling from A to B.

There's no way for anyone to take the bad guys seriously on these books. Daala, who's made to look like this badass super Admiral who runs her crew like clockwork, loses every single battle she's in and never against the main characters. Exar Kun was defeated by hugs from side characters. Kyp's fall could've been handled way b
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This is a really rare book to find currently in good condition. It was only available to members of the science fiction book club for a limited time, while the general public got it broken into a trilogy of paperbacks. The first time ever this was done with star wars, previously the Lando trilogy was released in paperback and only 15 years later put into larger formats.

Apr 29, 2015 added it
Shelves: aliens, star-wars

Daniel Kukwa
Jan 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Very enjoyable and suitably epic. After Timothy Zahn, Kevin J. Anderson should always be the go-to-author if you desire exciting, breathtaking stories that come with a firm & intellignet grasp of the Star Wars universe and its cast of characters.
Jun 06, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: geeks
yes, I'm still a Star Wars geek! I wanted know what happens after return of the jedi! hahaha! It is paced just like the movies, and refers back to the original trilogy. An entertaing read if you are a Star Wars dork like me.
Oct 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this series over the summer. The first book was a bit slow, but it picked up about half way through and the last two books kept the story moving.
Hamburgler (Griffin)
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
The characters and concepts introduced within these novels brought something fresh while sticking with the Star Wars formula.
Lexxi Kitty
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Jedi Knight Muse
Don't remember a whole lot.
Lupine Smile
Mar 20, 2011
Nov 10, 2012
Jul 15, 2013
Sep 04, 2012
  • Star Wars: The Han Solo Omnibus (Star Wars: Han Solo, #1-3)
  • The Corellian Trilogy
  • Agents of Chaos (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, 4 & 5)
  • Union (Star Wars)
  • A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
  • Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
  • Recovery (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6.5)
  • Crosscurrent (Star Wars)
  • The Han Solo Adventures (Classic Star Wars)
  • The Last Command
  • Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)
  • Sacrifice (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #5)
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 5
  • Shadow Hunter (Star Wars: Darth Maul, #2)
  • The Mandalorian Armor (Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Wars, #1)
  • Survivor's Quest (Star Wars)
  • Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
Yes, I have a lot of books, and if this is your first visit to my amazon author page, it can be a little overwhelming. If you are new to my work, let me recommend a few titles as good places to start. I love my Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. series, humorous horror/mysteries, which begin with DEATH WARMED OVER. My steampunk fantasy adventures, CLOCKWORK ANGELS and CLOCKWORK LIVES, written with Neil Pear ...more
More about Kevin J. Anderson...