Start by marking “Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1

Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1

(Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne #1)

By day, Kusakabe Maron is an ordinary high school girl with more then her share of problems. But by night, she is Phantom Thief Jeanne. As the reincarnation of Joan of Arc, her mission is to steal demon-possessed paintings and neutralize their evil. Jeanne's only ally is the angel-in-training Finn. Together, they must fight evil by night while surviving high school by day.
Published November 1st 2005 by CMX (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1

Rebecca McNutt
A really fun and action-filled adventure/romance story, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne has amazing illustrations, but at times it falls flat when it comes to being really effective or emotional.
Gaia
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
The reason why I started reading Arina Tanemura's series was that I loved her drawings so much. I doubt I had many ways to choose what manga to pick up when I was 11...
Out of all of her works that I have read (and I read almost all of them...) this one was probably my favourite. But, like every other story of hers... while it has an amazing plot, its development is always too rushed and it goes all over the place... I could never really fully appreciate it. This was true ten years ago and is tru
Brina
5 Sterne

Als Teenager habe ich damals einige Manga verschlungen und die Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne Serie war und ist meine Lieblingsmanga-Serie. Ich weiß nicht wie oft ich sie damals gelesen, aber so wie ich mich kenne sehr sehr oft. ;)
2018 habe ich mir deshalb vorgenommen die Reihe nochmals zu lesen, weils so schön war.

Zu allererst einmal liebe ich die Story mit Marron als Reinkarnation von Jeanne d'Arc. Ich glaube der Manga und auch der Anime haben bei mir das Interesse an der echten Jeanne d'Arc ge
Sesana
Apr 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy, magic
I really liked the first volume of Full Moon O Sagashite, so I was pretty excited to read Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne. Sadly, it's just not up to the same standard. I understand that this is an earlier work, which explains so much. Like why the artwork, while pretty, isn't quite up to the quality of Full Moon. Or why I didn't find myself at all emotionally invested in the story. In the end, there was nothing that really made this stand apart from other books for me.
Crispitina30
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ended-series, manga
No words. Just beautiful. Amazing series and an amazing fantastic life I'd love to live. Beautiful, awesome and unique draw style...I'd spend hours and hours contemplating one single page.

Thank you, Tanemura. You're such an artist and my favourite mangaka.

ACCESS, MARRY ME PLEASE.
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Emalie
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, reviewed
This was the first manga I ever read years ago and I like to read it once or twice every year, because it reminds me of my childhood.

It's still as cute as ever and Arina Tanemuras drawings are still one of my favourites. :)

On to the next one :) can't let chiaki and marron waiting.
Nesa
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AHHH...MY CHILDHOOD
Lucina
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Still loved it... back than Arina Tanemura wrote amazing stories, her drawings weren't perfect but her stories were good.
Natalie
Compared to the other volumes of in the series, and especially with other series by Arina Tanemura, the first volume of Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne is a little sub-par. The story relies heavily on the usual magical girl cliches and tropes; the romance/love triangle between Miyako, Maron, and Chiaki is relatively uninteresting. Overall, there isn't much to make the story compelling or keep the reader emotionally invested; the one exception is the scene on the ferris wheel where Maron says that because ...more
Yoru
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Cardcaptor Sakura
It's been quite a while since I returned to this manga! Years ago I owned a copy of volume one that was much-loved by myself and several of my friends, only to later lose it when my parents sold off a bunch of my manga. I never quite forgot it however, and when I found the first volume on a recent trip to Half-Price Books, I couldn't resist picking it up again!

So this manga is about the reincarnation of Jeanne d'Arc in the modern-day, as young Maron Kusakabe. Guided by her guardian angel, Finn F
Jillian
Dec 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. I own the whole series. It's such a cute manga. It just draws you in once you start reading it.
Julia
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tauschregal
Nicht wirklich meins...
Aja
Mar 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: art
This was my second manga by Arina Tanemura, and I first read it when I was 12 years old. Things change 11 years later, most importantly, I changed. There's definitely spoilers throughout the volume's review, but also some references to other parts of this story in later volumes, so skip if you don't want to read this. Also, I am a Christian who has liked this story since my first read (which I was still a Christian and was gobbling up the Bible then, too, so to see a manga that uses Christian mo ...more
Lara Mi

Review for complete series

Although seemingly an ordinary girl, Maron lives a double life in which she goes out at night disguised as thief Jeanne to steal paintings. But Jeanne doesn't steal just any paintings - as the reincarnation of Joan of Arc, she only has her eyes set on paintings concealing demons sent by the devil. But it isn't long before the devil sends more than just demons to get in Jeanne's way - thief Sinbad isn't far to try and steal the paintings before she can.

Kamikaze Kaitou Je
Nyssa Rose
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. I was inspired to read this because I re-watched the anime recently. Like any adaptation I knew going into this there would be some differences however I docked a star & 1/2 because the anime (sadly) did the pacing of the story far better while in the manga its quick, quick, quick with little build up to those milestone moments between characters. I also wanted to see Jeanne's heists & Miyako's traps in full... Not to say the manga didn't do somethings better, I think I just w ...more
Sena Yağmur Yalçın
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Maron'dan hoşlanıyorum, sanırım okuduğum Misaki ile birlikte en aklı başında shoujo kız karakteri. O kadar çok aptal karakterden sonra biraz da olsa aklı başında, zeki birilerini okumak ilaç gibi geldi.
R
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun story! I love the illustrations. It reminds me of Wish, which I also loved!! I like this edition far better than the Viz Media edition because it actually keeps the mangaka's notes in the margins and at the end!
Nadjab
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interessanter Auftakt, der mich aber unzufrieden zurücklässt, Außergewöhnlicher Zeichenstil
Ricki
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo, paranormal
Like the art and the story is fun, but a tad fantastical at times.
➸ Gwen de Sade
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Incredible Artwork, but nothing makes sense.

I'm still in a manga mood though:D
Teetee
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-shojo
sabrina
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
6 year old sabrina won't allow me to rate it any less
Mizumi
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Time for another manga series. And yes, I have a lot, so be prepared.
I'm reviewing the entire series here, hence some things hidden under spoiler tags since they technically spoil volume 1 (but not necessarily the whole series). Just a heads-up.

I got into Arina Tanemura thanks to Full Moon o sagashite, and I wasn't sure I'd like everything else she'd done, so that's why it took me a while to get into her first major series: Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne. It took some getting used to since it turns the c
Kate
My library has all seven of the CMX volumes of Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, so I decided to check them out. I'm not really a fan of Arina Tanemura, but with relatively short series, I thought I'd give this one a try.

The first few volumes are fun, delving into the magical girls' genre with a fun twist that our heroine is the reincarnation of Joan of Arc. The characters and story are cliche, the art is standard Tanemura fare (bug eyes! urg...), but it's a fun diverting read. Then, midway through the ser
Sereneblaze

Arina Tanemura has an art style that I really enjoy but that aside not all of her stories are gems. Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, wh
Monicaaa
Jul 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The plot of this series is a very generic one. Other mangas have done this storyline much better than Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne did. The most obvious example being Sailor V/Moon. It's the magical girl off to save the world with a guardian to help her, she doesn't get along with a guy, but eventually she falls for him.

The manga was so all over the place. The minor storylines of her attacking demons repeated themselves with absolutely no changes to them. The main character was irritating. There was no
Mina
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This has been my first manga in a really REALLY long time but I wanted to pick it up forever since this was my favorite anime when I was younger. I used to run to the TV when this was supposed to be on and shipped Maron and Chiaki so hard even before I even knew what shipping meant. We used to play Jeanne in our garden and I even handmade the Jeanne props at home just to be like her.
Now that I made clear how much I loved this show it's gotta be pretty obvious that I loved going back into this wo
Christina
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Maron Kusakabe, just your average high school girl living alone in an apartment across from her best friend, or so it seems!
Maron is actually the reincarnation of Jeanne d'Arc, and she is the only one who can fight against the demons that are flourishing in the darkness of peoples' hearts and beautiful paintings. The demons' plan is to kill God by tainting every single living heart, thus taking away God's strength that he draws from the kindness in the world! It's up to Jeanne to exorcise the be
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 1
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 01
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 1 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #1)
  • Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 2 (MeruPuri, #2)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 01 (Ultra Maniac, #1)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 07 (Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, #7)
  • Zodiac P.I., Vol. 1 (Zodiac P.I., #1)
  • W Juliet, Vol. 1
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 1 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #1)
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 1
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Vol. 01
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one

Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne (7 books)
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 2