Start by marking “Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness” as Want to Read:
Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness

Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness

Editorial Reviews From Publishers Weekly If salespeople are worried about how to sell, Gitomer (The Sales Bible) believes they are missing out on the more important aspect of sales: why people buy. This, he says, is "all that matters," and his latest book aims to demystify buying principles for salespeople. From the red cloth cover to the small trim size to the amusing (bu ...more
Published September 25th 2004 by Bard Press (first published September 2004)

Start your review of Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness
Gil Bradshaw
Mar 03, 2010 rated it did not like it
I was so embarrassed at how hokey this book was that I almost didn't include it in my goodreads reviews. Then I decided to do so, just to blast it. I'm so sick of good salesman writing really poorly written books. Maybe I'm not the right guy for books such as this, but its just unprofessional. I'm trying to think of the demographic that Gitomer was trying to target with his gimmicky salesy approaches...Amway salesman? Multi-level Marketing salesman? I hope I can get more than a buck for this whe ...more
Glen Babington
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
The little Red Book of Selling- Jeffrey Gitomer

Www.gitomer.com

Difference between failure and success in the sales:
• Believe you can
• Create the environment
• Have the right associations
• Expose yourself to what's new
• Plan for the day -know your plans and goals
• Become valuable - become known as a resource not a sales person
• Flowe the answers your prospects and customers need
• Recognize and take advantage of opportunity
• Take responsibility
• Take action
• Make mistakes
• willing to ri
Loy Machedo
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loy Machedo’s Book Review
Little Red Book of Selling by Jeffrey Gitomer

If you are going to ask me to evaluate Jeffrey Gitomer, let me tell you point blank
the review will not be fair.

Why?

I worship the ground on which Jeffrey Gitomer walks.
In my eyes, he is truly the essence of what a true trainer, educator and mentor should be. Not only is he to the point, he bashes you up with not-so-formal quotes that would wake you up from your sleep and then slap you with the reality of what the art of sale
Kali
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
I disliked Jeffrey Gitomer's book 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness. The content itself is solid. Gitomer's advice is very good but his delivery leaves much to be desired. I have a hard time believing that the word "puke" comes out of the mouths of most professional business people. Gitomer also has quite a large ego and takes every opportunity to brag about his life. Many self help authors use stories in their own lives to tell stories, but I have never rolled my eyes while reading a book. It ...more
Ron Graham
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entrepreneurship
This isn't just a book one reads. It's a book one carries around as a reference, like a dictionary.

Especially if you're like me, learning the art of sales in the second half of my life - had I been smart, I would've learned how to sell while I was in college. Because in this society, in this economy, everyone's selling. Those of us who can't or won't figure out how will lag behind. This is the kind of information that can get even a guy like me selling.
Shannon Kempenich
Jan 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Awesome, even for someone not in selling. If you haven't realized yet, you are probably in sales, whether your job title says it or not. If you are a doctor you sell a certain prescription, if you are a teacher you sell a subject, if you meet someone new you sell yourself. That is why you should read this book.
Richard
Jan 28, 2009 rated it it was ok
Sure, this guy has sold more stuff than I have. But I don't find anything here backed up by any evidence, what there is is anecdotal. Also he keeps hinting that you have to go to his webpage to learn more. Ah ha, trying to make that web sale I guess. In all, I think he knows how to sell (books too), but he doesn't know how to educate.
Jason
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
After reading some of the other reviews here on Goodreads, I noticed that many either love or hate this book. I guess, that is true in most areas of life.

As for me, I really enjoyed this book. I found it on sale at a local used book store and couldn't resist purchasing it. I am truly glad that I read through it. I do feel that I will keep it on my shelf and pick up from time to time for years to come. The style of writing was very conversational and truly motivated me to learn more and pursue s
Gregory
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
does everything have to have a 0.5 step? give me a top 10 not 10.5 on every single list. very annoying. good information poorly written. I'm shocked that he has a news column...could explain the death of newspapers. very abbrassive attitude. this man clearly works his life away and doesn't know how to have a work life balance.
Linda Faulkner
Nov 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Excellent - this is a MUST-read for all business people.
Rihab Harmessi
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book.
Principles of Sales and meeting is the objective is no different from reaching life purpose or setting goals and achieving them.
It is simple, if you have what it takes to be successful at convincing, negociating and sellling. Then you simply have it! the necessary skills to meet your goals.
Zachary Wrightsman
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For sure a good book a lot of good information in it. I learned a lot for my first read through. It is most definitely a book you will need to read over and over unless you’re already a master sales person.
Teri Temme
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second time around - it always gets better!
Anna Marie Robertson
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining.
Michael Cash
Dec 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: business
I hated this book. Hated it. Like Roger Ebert hated North: "I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."

I guess I could say one good thing about it: by listening to the unabridged audio of the book, read by the author, I feel that I got to know him. A

Ben Love
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Every year or so I’ll dig out a book on sales or selling and force myself to read it. Being a massive advocate of permissive marketing, I struggle to “get” sales – especially the interruptive type. Reading this type of book isn’t so much to let me learn sales as empathize with salespeople.
This little red book, I’m told, is a classic. Now having read it, I kinda wish all sales people would read it too. It kicks off with “people hate being sold to, but they LOVE to buy”. Okay – I’m buying that. Th
Andrew
Apr 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This was a great read. Gitomer writes an easy to understand manual on sales and what you need to do to be the best.

One thing I had to get beyond is the style the book is written in, which sort of looks like one of those sprawling, hokey internet ads. Still, when I got around the presentation and into the meat of the material, I found there was a tremendous amount of value in the book.

Two things about the binding. First, Gitomer included a built in ribbon bookmark- which I adore. Unfortunately,
Molly
Feb 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone in Sales
Mr. Gitomer is probably one of the best sale people AND motivational leaders writing books today. I bought this book because it looked good and I am always looking for little tidbits of information to share with the sales people I work with...because I have told myself for years I am NOT a salesperson.

By the time I was done reading this book I was ready to hit the bricks and show people how it was done. VERY MOTIVATIONAL!

I think this book is a great kick in the pants for anyone who thinks that t
MsSmartiePants ...like the candy...
Make that: Currently Re-Reading! It's so good, I've got to listen again!

Eeeeesh...a little harsh, but what the heck? It's great advice! You know, you've probably heard all of this before, however, if you're a life long learner like me, you seek to relearn and enforce concepts from a variety of sources. The guy's pretty entertaining as well.
Read it twice. Really great the second time since I'm accustomed to his style of speaking and emphasis on the important stuff. He is really right on. You just
Carlos Rendon
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My favorite part of this book talks about how a lifestyle comes to be. You can think of your lifestyle as the sum of your actions.

Philosophy drives your attitude, which drives your actions, which in turn produce your lifestyle. If you don't like your lifestyle you should not just consider your actions but also your attitude and philosophy. If your philosophy is poor you will have a poor attitude and you will take poor actions and end up with a poor lifestyle.

I also like the Jeffrey is fully awar
Natalie W
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
This book is great. Against every bone in my body, I'm leaving it unfinished. You say, "Why? After all, you gave it 5 stars!" I know. But I'm not in sales at the moment.

This book provides TONS of techniques, tricks, and resources for selling. I've already used several of the suggestions for personal networking and when helping a friend get their business off the ground.

If you are in sales, this should absolutely be in your repertoire. I have a feeling it will be an indespensible reference tool
Urja
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Linda
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone in sales
Shelves: business, favorites
Great book on what you need to do to improve your ability to sell.

Principles of life-long learning:
Start with a positive attitude
Listen to Audio tapes
Read books
Attend live seminars
Spend 30 minutes a day learning something new
Practice what you've learned as soon as you learn it

and I loved the quote "Remember, you can't just waltz in and sell something-first you've got to lick his face for a few minutes"
John Hartness
Aug 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books on sales I've ever read. No matter where you are in your sales career, this book has something that you can take away from it. I love Gitomer's conversational style, and his statement early on that you should read the book several times is true.

I highly recommend it for all salespeople, sales managers, and the back of the toilet in every sales office (except for my competitors, none of them should ever read this book!)
Adra
Aug 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
There are so many tips on improving your sales game in this little red book that I don't know where to start with this review. From the self evaluation quiz,to the do's and don'ts of sales, Gitomer provides and hits all aspects needed and necessary for anyone to perfect their sales strategies. This easy to read book is one that all entrepreneurs should have on their shelves.

Adra Young
Author of: The Everyday Living of Children & Teens Monologues Comment
Steve
Jan 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A lot of information in a short book. Like most books in this category there is not much new here, but Gitomer even says up front that he is not presenting anything new, just his straightforward take on the advice that is already out there. Good strategies for anyone selling anything be it product or service. Easy to read language and short digestible snippets of information made this a worthwhile read.
Aubrey
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I worked through this slowly so as to absorb as much as possible. There are some aspects that irk me (the fact that every list ends in .5 would be the most irritating for me), but despite the over-the-top attitude and constant "if you're not good it's your own fault" chatter, I'm finding this book to be tremendously helpful and eye-opening. I borrowed this one from a friend, and will be buying it for myself; any time I find myself losing focus or drive, I read a few pages and am re-energized.
Harlan Goerger
Apr 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: an
Gittomer gets in your face once more. Right to the core in quick language and examples, there is not doubt about his message.

If your in sales or customer service this material will set your straight, give you a direct message and move your performance forward.

No fluff, just proven stuff that works.
Sandra Townsend
Jun 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I carry this book around with me almost all the time. I love Jeffrey's short and to the point style. It allows for quick bursts of reading. I can be sitting in a waiting room, pull it out and randomly open it - and get a reminder of a new idea to use in my business. I continue to add to my collection with other books of his as well.
Lana Cook
Jul 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Gitomer continues to impress me with his witty knowledge and savvyness. The dude knows how to sell. And in reading this book, he has convinced me, that with the right attitude, work ethic, toolkit and dogged determination ANYONE can sell. Even my kids! A little disappointing was the fact that an entire chapter was practically verbatim for the Little Black Book of Networking.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong first publication date 2 12 Dec 16, 2019 11:58PM

• Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale
  • Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing
  • The Psychology of Selling: Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • SPIN Selling: Situation Problem Implication Need-payoff
  • The Challenger Sale: Taking Control of the Customer Conversation
  • Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive: Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate, and Outnegotiate Your Competition
  • Ultimate Sales Machine
  • How to Become a Rainmaker: The Rules for Getting and Keeping Customers and Clients
  • How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling
  • Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide to Opening Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, Email, Text, and Cold Calling
  • Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling
  • New Sales. Simplified.: The Essential Handbook for Prospecting and New Business Development
  • Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life
  • Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know
  • Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What People Hear
  • The Only Sales Guide You'll Ever Need
  • Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind: How to Be Seen and Heard in the Overcrowded Marketplace
  • The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
AUTHOR.
Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of The New York Times best sellers The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections, and The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. All of his books have been number one best sellers on Amazon.com, including Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless, The Patterson Principles of Selling, The Little Red Bo

News & Interviews

“Change is not a four letter word...but often your reaction to it is!” 15 likes
“Attitude drives actions. Actions drive results. Results drive lifestyles.” That’s a quote from America’s business philosopher, Jim Rohn.” 4 likes