Start by marking “G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril, #5)” as Want to Read:
G'Day to Die (Passport to Peril, #5)

G'Day to Die

(Passport to Peril #5)

When Emily Andrew lands in the Land of Oz -- Australia, that is -- she and her hearty group of world-touring seniors know they're not in Iowa anymore. Winter is summer, drains drain counterclockwise, and all the comforts of home are, well, back home. Even Emily's love life is upside down: her darling detective Etienne Miceli has yet to propose, while gorgeous tour director ...more
Published October 31st 2006 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about G'Day to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about G'Day to Die

Anastasia
G'Day to Die by Maddy Hunter is the 5th book in A Passport to Peril mystery series. Emily Andrews is leading her Iowan seniors tour group on a tour of Australia when one of the tour members dies at the twelve apostles and then another is poisoned at a Barossa Valley winery.
I loved this book and found it just as funny and entertaining as the others in the series. I especially liked the fact that it was set in Australia and I was familiar with all the places and attractions. I'm looking forward t
Carolyn
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is only the second book in The Passport to Peril mystery series I have read. I quite enjoyed the latest book which had an Alaskan setting and some humorous bits. Here the humor seemed strained and fell flat for me.

Emily brings her Iowa tour group consisting of Senior citizens to Victoria State, Australia. I was hoping for some Outback or Northern Australia mystery. I do not regard Emily as a competent guide starting out by wearing 5 inch heels on a day tour. Two of the group die under myst
Jenn C
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015, mystery
Omg, this was hilarious. I was giggling right from the first (and I don't think it was solely from the cold meds!). I'm not usually a fan of the Evanovich-esque type (mainly because chick-lit gives me the hives), but I really liked this book. the seniors definitely made the book - and while the mystery was meandering, it was a very enjoyable read.

Now I just have to play catch up with the first four books!
Diane ~Firefly~
Feb 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
The group heads to Australia and is joined by Etienne and Duncan who are vying for Emily to marry them. But I found it odd that they barely spent any time with Emily.

Someone dies at their first stop and Emily's grandmother's photos are praised by the photographer on the tour, plus it seems she keeps getting pictures of supposedly extinct items.

Emily is definitely growing into her role as guide for the senior tour group and I enjoy their interactions. She does end the love triangle this time as w
Sandra Hernandez
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Been waiting to continue this series ended up buying it I my kindle. I like the mystery i love the characters. I will say i don't agree with who Emily chose as her fiance in the end but I understand her choice. I won't spoil who she chose. This time Emily is in Australia and by the second chapter someone is dead. Within the death they continue the tour and Duncan and Etienne are fighting for Emily. eventually another death occurs and. The end by accident Emily solves who did it. I feel she could ...more
Jenn
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
I think this series is growing on me. I like that the "heroine" never gets it right, though she does try. This one seemed a little less absurd, which I actually liked. There were a few things I didn't really get. The VERY RECENTLY former cop who does NOTHING but butt into investigations that have nothing to do with him, suddenly ignores any intrigue? And what's with the other love interest? I mean, there was a tiny bit of attraction in the last book, but why does he warrant such a big part in th ...more
Julie
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Kindle
Mooncat
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a good read. The love triangle finds a solution and at the end it gets really exciting.
But all in all, it seems to get a bit routinic I think.
Drebbles
Apr 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2007
In this latest adventure in Maddy Hunter's Passport to Peril series, Emily Andrew is escorting a group of senior citizens, including her Nana, on a trip to Australia. Emily is hoping for a relaxing trip, but those hopes are shattered when one of the tour members is found dead. Nana had taken a picture of a rare plant and Emily is convinced that Claire Bellows found the plant and was murdered before she could tell anyone about her discovery. There are plenty of suspects for Emily to choose from a ...more
Elizabeth
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This time "The Passport to Peril" series takes us to Australia. Once again, Emily is the tour guide of a very funny group of oldsters from Iowa. Emily has a mystery on her hands with two possible murders. While she is solving it, we find out a lot about the Australian landscape and customs. In this book Emily is posed to choose for her husband either Etienne Miceli or Duncan Lazarus (both of whom we have met in previous books). At the conclusion of this book, she actually makes her choice. You w ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Apr 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozies, 2008
Another good book by Maddy Hunter featuring Emily Andrew, a travel companion for senior citizens. This books find them down under and it helps to read the book with an Australian accent in your mind for some of the characters.

There are a few deaths (as is the usual with Emily's trips) and Nana manages to capture some extinct plants and animals with her Polaroid (who knew they still made these!) that sets other travelers into a frenzy in trying to find them.

We also see Duncan & Etienne vying
Idania M
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A woman from another touring group is found dead. Where they found the woman body there is a picture of the landscape that shows a flower that some believe has been extinct for million years this natural wonder that could turn science on it's head with this priceless discovery. Before it get dust a second untimely murder happen again, another older woman and her son that are looking for a long lost twin( old lady sister). Emily Andrew know has suspicion of almost everyone. to make thing worse th ...more
Shiela
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
More of the same as the other books in the series. Same zany characters, not much of a mystery but I love the travel aspect of the novels and the crazy situations our heroine finds herself in. The other thing I’ve noticed is that Emily’s seniors (and Jackie) are starting to take more of an active role in her investigations which makes the circumstances even more entertaining. Good series to read while on holidays.
Sep 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like "cozy" mysteries and people who like to laugh out loud
I love the Passport to Peril books! They are funny, silly, witty, completely unrealistic and a total riot! This series of books is about a woman who is a tour escort for senior citizens from Iowa and everywhere they go, someone gets murdered.

Maddy Hunter has a way with words and turns phrases into funny jokes wherever she can. The characters are outrageous and doing silly htings all the time while Emily (the tour escort) sees murder and gets the solution wrong everytime. Very funny!
Jodi
Apr 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cozy mystery fans
Recommended to Jodi by: no one
Just like the previous "Passport to Peril" mysteries that I have read, this one was enjoyable and made me laugh out loud at times. Even for Maddy Hunter, though, the plotline was a little far-fetched at time. The characters and their behaviors were as hilarious as usual, and I liked that Emily's romantic "dilemma" was finally resolved in this book. I'll continue reading this series just because it's light, quick, and makes me laugh when I need that type of book to read.
Susan
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Emily is guiding her Iowa seniors through a visit to Australia, with the added company of two suitors, both handsome, and both more than eager to marry her. Too bad she can't make up her mind. When one of their fellow tourists dies suddenly, Emily is instantly suspicious--this isn't the first tour she's led that's had a murder. Not too much productive sleuthing goes on in this one. Emily doesn't suspect the murderer until she's under attack.
Nicole
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I absolute love this series, but somehow this book didn't grab me as much as the others. Maybe it was because a lot was going on in my life so I couldn't concentrate as much, but it still felt a little off to me. It still was an enjoyable read with the usual funny moments. The best was the last few lines of the book ;-) Something we all hoped for happened!

I hope the next book will be as good as the others!
Amy
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I was getting a bit frustrated with the Etienne/Duncan thing, but thankfully that was resolved at the end of this book. It was interesting how they tied the flood of English orphans who were shipped to Australia after WWII in with the story. I just learned about that not too long ago, and it was very clever how it all tied into this one.

Linda
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge
I really enjoyed my trip to Australia with my favorite group of seniors from Iowa. A lot of fun and lots of laughs and let's face it, it's not a trip until Emily gets unexpectedly soaked in some body of water. The mystery was pretty good and I loved how the author wrote the Australian accents for characters from there.
Jenndian
Great readin', mate!

Another great addition to the Maddy Hunter travel series. This time the elderly of Iowa are going to Australia. Emily is still juggling Etienne and Duncan, keeping her cool, and trying to solve a murder or two. Fun to read, interesting characters, and a great ending!
❂ Jennifer
Sep 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I really enjoyed this one - the later ones in this series are definitely better than the first. As an ex-pat living in Melbourne, I enjoyed reading the very accurate descriptions of the areas the tour was visiting. The love triangle was getting tedious, but was redeemed by the end of the story. I'm sorry to see that this series ends with the next book, Norway to Die.
Kathy Moberg
Jun 29, 2007 rated it it was ok
This series is only so-so, but it is a fun little guilty pleasure. And a quick read. I enjoy the characters and the travel group premise. This installment was not quite up to par, but I am still looking forward to the next one, which takes place in Norway!
Jan
Apr 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
When Emily escorts a tour to Australia, she once again plays detective when biologist Claire Bellows dies and a rare plant goes missing. She is also balancing the attention of two men. What will she do?
Elaine Cohen
May 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Latest in the series, similar in fun to the Evanovich books, but with more Mid-West in jokes (as the main characters and group of Senior Citizens she travels with are all from Iowa). Very fun series!
Linda Smatzny
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the fifth book in the Passport to Peril Mystery series. In this book, the group of Iowan seniors with Emily Andrew as their tour group leader travel in Australia. Emily is trying to decide between two suitors plus what appears to be two murders.
Jessica
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Enjoyable, but I didn't think it was quite as good as the first couple in this series. It did take me back toAdelaide, though, with the visits to the Barbosa Valley and dam with special powers. Although, that actual dam has a sign that gives away the secret...
Chi Dubinski
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The author knows how to write humor and write it well. I heard her speak at a panel, and she had the audience laughing so hard, I knew I had to buy her books. So I did, and they are all funny. Fans of janet Evanovich and Tamar Myers will enjoy this series.
Sharon B
Jul 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
I always love Maddy Hunter's books. The characters come to life and she has such a fantastic sense of humor. G'Day takes us Down Under with quirky locals, even quirkier regulars, and flowers to die for.
Karen
Mar 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-fun
Nice scenery recounting.
Shannon
Dec 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this authors books! They are very humorous and kept me guessing whodunnit til the end! Light and fun read!

• French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Goodbye, Dolly (Gretchen Birch, #2)
  • Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)
  • Murder Has a Sweet Tooth (A Cooking Class Mystery, #5)
  • Shadow of an Angel (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)
  • The Graves of the Guilty (Hope Street Church Mysteries #3)
  • 'Til Dice Do Us Part (Bunco Babes Mystery, #2)
  • Two Down (Crossword Mysteries, #2)
  • Death, Snow, and Mistletoe (Tori Miracle, #4)
  • When Last I Died (Mrs. Bradley, #13)
  • Reservations for Murder (Lighthouse Inn Mystery #2)
  • Biggie and the Devil Diet (Biggie Weatherford, #6)
  • Death Rides Again (Jocelyn Shore #3)
  • Extracurricular Activities (A Murder 101 Mystery, #2)
  • The Replacement Child (Gil Montoya Mystery #1)
  • Grape Expectations (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #14)
  • The Devil's Closet (CeeCee Gallagher, #2)
  • Loco Motive (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #25)

Passport to Peril (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Alpine for You (Passport to Peril, #1)
  • Top O' the Mournin' (Passport to Peril, #2)
  • Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3)
  • Hula Done It? (Passport to Peril, #4)
  • Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6)
  • Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)
  • Bonnie of Evidence (Passport to Peril, #8)
  • Fleur de Lies (Passport to Peril, #9)
  • From Bad to Wurst (Passport to Peril #10)
  • Say No Moor (Passport to Peril #11)