Start by marking “Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

(Star Wars Graphic Novelisations #3)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  287 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The official comics adaptation! The action of the Clone Wars comes to a dramatic conclusion, and events are put in place for A New Hope. Battles rage in space, armies clash on alien worlds, heroes become martyrs, and friends become enemies-all leading up to the biggest, longest, and most incredible lightsaber duel in Star Wars history!

This is the film that answers the ques
Published March 29th 2005 by Dark Horse Books (first published March 15th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Stella
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ίσως είναι επειδή δεν είμαι συνηθισμένη στα κόμικς, ίσως επειδή είμαι κάπως προκατειλημμένη με το είδος, αλλά αυτό το βιβλίο δεν ήταν ιδιαίτερα ''ψυχαγωγικό''.
Σίγουρα είναι ένα πολύ γρήγορο ανάγνωσμα, και η εικονογράφηση ήταν απλά μοναδική αλλά δεν μπορώ να πω πως με συνεπήρε ως ιστορία. Έχω δει την ταινία πολλές φορές και κάθε φορά βγάζει ένα αποπνικτικό συναίσθημα, μια αίσθηση στεναχώριας, διότι όλοι μας ξέρουμε τι συμβαίνει στο τέλος από το πρώτο κι όλας λεπτό.
Παρόλα αυτά, η όλη σκοτεινιά
Alayne
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
Le pongo más estrellas que a los otro dos tomos, porque, por lo que recuerdo, éste era más grande y tenía mejores gráficos que los demás (además de que la película es mi favorita de la trilogía nueva, ay)
Nessa [October Tune]
Actual rating: 3,5. If I had to choose, I think Revenge of the Sith is my favourite Prequel movie. But I cannot say this graphic novel was a worthy adaptation of the movie. It felt too short, too rushed at some points. While the Attack of the Clones GN was full of detail and even had some extra scenes put in there, this one had actual movie scenes missing, which was such a shame. I didn't really like the art style either, but that may be because I had recently read the AotC graphic novel, and I ...more
Elizabeth Nelson
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
This comic version is only good because I've seen the movie twice and read Matthew Stover's novelization, so I was able to insert those scenes in between the panels. A lot of the humor and emotions were lost here, and the art was questionable at best. Order 66 is illustrated heartbreakingly well, which makes up for the rest of it, though!
Rachel
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty good story telling. It has some simplified versions of fight sequences, but overall, not bad.
Claudia García
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
No sé por qué lo sigo intentando con los cómics.
Marianna
Rating 3.5 stars out of 5

Ahhh...Revenge of the Sith! Arguably the best of the Star Wars prequels. This graphic novel adaptation is pretty straightforward. There are no huge surprises for the most part, just a shortened comic book version of the film.

The good:
The art in this book is good, and the coloring looks great. The characters also LOOK like themselves, which is a plus. (However, there are a couple of really wacky looking shots that mess that up.) It's a fine adaptation of the source mate
Tony Romine
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Revenge of the Sith is a the final installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. It takes place 3 years after the start of the Clone Wars that ended Attack of the Clones. The Separatists have a new, powerful droid general named Grievous who has kidnapped Palpatine (now Supreme Chancellor of the Republic thanks to the machinations of Jar Jar Binks) and the story begin with Obi-Wan and Anakin going to rescue him.

From the start, it's easy to see this is the best film of the trilogy, but it's still
Jeff Barber
Jan 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
The big problem with Revenge of the Sith was the lack of emotion and/or depth. Things happen too quickly and without any feeling of weight to them. The whole Jedi Order dies in a twenty second montage and then things move right along and the viewer doesn't feel a thing. As a long time Star Wars fan, the worst blow of the prequel trilogy was not caring about anything that happened during the movie.

Now, while the novelization of the movie by Matthew Stover did a good job of adding a lot of what wa
Angel
Aug 01, 2007 rated it liked it
Found it at my local public library. In the interest of full disclosure, I will say that while I am a Star Wars fan, I am not too thrilled with the new films.

Anyhow, see my short note on the book:

[http://gypsylibrarian.blogspot.com/20...]
Miguel Abuel
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
It feels rushed at places but it is still a pretty darn good adaptation of ROTS
Kurt Zisa
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Good artwork for a sub-par movie.
Theresa
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
a dark look into information beneith the movie
Carme Perez
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Sophie
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
It was good and summoned up the plot well.
Lívia
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
this story is amazing but tbh i hated the art so i'd just stick to the movie
Ken
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Much better than what made it on screen in the film. They should have filmed this script in it's entirety.
Chad Quintero
Mar 27, 2013 rated it liked it
E
Mikael Kohler
Jan 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book because I love reading war books.These war books make me wonder whats going to happen next.
Tiffany Peterson
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This comic stays very true to the movie. The character illustrations and scenes look realistic as well, I'm not a big fan of comic books but I really enjoyed this one about Star Wars.
Suset
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
La verdad no me termina de convencer, me refiero, es un comic muy resumido, si quieres leertelo antes de ver la película, dudo que te enteres de mucho.
Lisa Maria
Rodolfo
Jul 28, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
  • Rescues (Star Wars: Invasion, #2)
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, Volume 8: The Last Siege, the Final Truth
  • Star Wars: General Grievous
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Vol. 1
  • Star Wars Tales Vol. 3
  • Star Wars: Knight Errant, Volume 1: Aflame
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Vol. 8
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Vol. 10
  • Jedi Academy: Leviathan (Star Wars)

Star Wars Graphic Novelisations (6 books)
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace