Start by marking “The Concealed Handgun Manual” as Want to Read:
The Concealed Handgun Manual

The Concealed Handgun Manual

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  99 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Intended to provide instruction on using handguns to prevent gun owners from becoming the victims of a criminal or terrorist attack, this comprehensive handbook contains information on current state regulations, beginning and advanced shooting instruction, and updated safety advice. Advice for selecting and buying a handgun, discussions of the importance of self-protection ...more
Published September 1st 2004 by Privateer Publications (first published July 7th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Concealed Handgun Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Concealed Handgun Manual

Mark Stolz
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read with a lot of valuable information that seems oriented to the individual that is a newcomer to firearms.
Jim Pozenel
The portion of the title "How to Choose, Carry, and Shoot a Gun in Self Defense" is a bit misleading. Close to half of the book is in defense of carrying a concealed handgun and owning firearms in general. I think that most people who decided to read this book already had no problem with concealed carry laws. He is preaching to the choir. I myself have no problem with those laws.

While I was reading, I felt as though I was being recruited into a cult. Also, I felt that some of the deadly encount
Rae
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-non-fic
This book was great in that it had everything I had been trying to find through Google fu in one place. Since taking the concealed handgun course and sending off my paperwork for my license, I've been working to try to educate myself even more. In particular, I felt like the class I took didn't go into enough detail about when and how to use your gun, what to expect if you do, and what has happened to other people who have used their concealed handguns.

This book had a multiple stories of firstha
Eric
Jul 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains loads of useful information. Stories of the consequences of using a gun for self-defence are quite eye-opening.The Gun Digest Book Of Concealed Carry and this one will be my two reccomendations to anyone considering concealed carry
Clint Flatt
May 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Lot of stories of real life situations of people using their handgun to save their lives and the consequences of their actions. These are told to hlep you understand the commitment and responsibility of carrying a handgun. Also helpful tips on gun selection, concealment and legal protection. Over all a helpful book for a new handgun owner.
Nathaniel
Aug 18, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guns
This one is full of solid advice on what kind of firearm to carry, how to use it, and potential consequences (especially legal). A great starting point for the beginner. And, from what I hear, the updated version (2004) is even better than this one.
Sarah McKay
Dec 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great, informative, easy read. The real life situations (including recent events such as the Virginia Tech. shootings and Hurricane Katrina aftermath) really interested me. If you believe in the Constitution, read this book!
William
A well written guide for not only those thinking about carrying a firearm, but for those that already do. The Sixth edition has updated material and the bibliography will point to more information on firearms, laws, training, and tools and equipment.
Ryan
Oct 08, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good basic overview for a concealed handgun owner or soon-to-be owner. I'm sure there are better books out there, but this was all I could find at the library. I wish the author would have gone into more detail behind the philosophy of what type of gun and cartridge one should choose.
Brian
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good information. Written more for people completely new to guns. It's pretty helpful overall.
Kelly
Jun 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, thorough, informative reference for anyone who does or ever plans to conceal carry
Troy
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a great book one that you can read over and over and still learn from it. Very informal and easy to understand.
Damon Thueson
Nov 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: defense-minded
Fantastic book that will go over the basics for anyone who is new in the industry and any experienced person who wants a review. A must read for those who want to carry concealed.
Jeremy
Jul 12, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good beginners start if you are interested in carrying a concealed firearm.
Greg
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone planning to get a concealed carry permit
Recommended to Greg by: Tom Gresham
Very useful reference. I ended up with pages of notes and basically an outline of the primary chapters. Recommended this to my wife.
Seth
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guns
Very informative and helpful.
Andrew Ryan