Start by marking “Shadows (Dark Touch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadows (Dark Touch, #1)

Shadows

(Dark Touch #1)

Fifteen-year-old Eve Evergold is cute, sassy and enjoying a busy social life. What she doesn't know yet is that someone close to her is an evil demon that only she has the supernatural power to defeat. She needs to work out who it is - and fast! Because although there's something very attractive about the dark side...dating a demon? Pure hell!
Published April 1st 2010 by Red Fox

To ask other readers questions about Shadows, please sign up.
Sláine Well I think you might like The Selection series by Kiera Cass, it's not fantasy like this series but it's fun and easy to read the premises sounds…moreWell I think you might like The Selection series by Kiera Cass, it's not fantasy like this series but it's fun and easy to read the premises sounds stupid but trust me it's good (less)

Vishnu Chevli
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-vimmy
"Shadows" is the first novel in dark touch series by Amy Meredith. I picked up this book because of its trendy cover. It's edgy YA supernatural/paranormal story

The story is about Fifteen years old Eve Evergold, who lived in small-town Deepdene where everyone knew each other. As the year begin two new boys moved into town one was minister's kid Luke and the other mysteries fellow Mal. Some mysterious things started to happen as the year started. Some of the girls were seeing shadows and having ni
Petrina Wong
Aug 14, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: younger readers who enjoy the paranormal genre
Sita
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Sita by: Tia
Read it at Tia's house...

I’m pretty sure I read this one night when I was staying over at Tia’s, yep, I was that bored. She was addicted to Sims at that point (I don’t see the appeal) and spent most of the night on that or watching Dexter (I see the appeal in that, I mean who doesn’t love a good serial killer. And he can’t hurt me, I’m in Australia, Dexter is in Miami. Ha!)

I can’t remember a lot of the book. But I remember the basic plot and the characters, and the (sucky as all hell, just
Carolyn  Storer
Shadows is the first book in the 'Dark Touch' series and although the cover, which I think is pretty cool, promises an edgy, young adult supernatural story, it didn't quite deliver, although it was an entertaining read.

Eve is a fifteen year old girl who discovers she has acquired supernatural powers to zap demons, but she also loves to shop with her best friend Jess. They adore Jimmy Choo (what 15 year old do you know can afford JC?!) and applying lots of lipgloss, even at the most opportune mom
Dax Munro
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having happened upon this book in a charity shop (or Thrift store, if you're from the US), I was pleasantly surprised to discover a KICK-ASS READ!

Evie's character was strong and determined, yet still feminine and realistic as a typical teenage girl. The secrets she uncovers had me turning the pages as fast as I could. There were many twists and turns that I didn't see coming but I'm not complaining: I loved every moment.

If you're looking for a teen novel that combines awesome fashion sense, the
Louise
Very good book =] Loved the characters. It was quiet scary in places and had a really good twist at the end! Looking forward to reading the rest of this series.
NorwegianBook
Aug 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a new series aimed at the pre-Twilight age group. The author, Amy Meredith, lives in California, but she has also lived and worked in New York and the Hamptons where the main characters in the Dark Touch - series are from. She has always been fascinated by the supernatural.

Story:
The summer is over, and it is time to get back to school for Eve Evergold and her best friend Jess, in the town of Deepdene. And this autumn, two new boys are also attending school with them. Lu
Kirsti
Oct 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
o_o Is it possible to lose brain cells when reading a book? I sure felt like I did! Firstly, Eve and Jess are total airheads. Eve of course, is given the slightly more unusual name because she ends up being the one with the powers. No offense to the girls called Jess out there, but it is a stereotypical airhead name (for the awesome girls called Jess out there, I apologize) They think about shopping, and boys, and yet the whole dialogue seems to have a very young voice in my mind. They didn't re ...more
Elena
Aug 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
Oh dear crap.
Is Amy Meredith kidding me or what?

I couldn't even finish this book.
Let me just say, our main character was a fourteen-year-old girl who just came out of Junior High.
And no, this is not a book for children. This is supposed to be Young Adults.
Again, are you kidding me?

Our main character is a superficial, idiotic girl who cares about boys, make-up and shoe-sales.
And no, I'm not going to tell you she has some deeper feature, because she hasn't.
All her she and her bestfriend do is goss
Jodie
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
When l first picked up this book l was excited about reading this book but l have to admit my excitement was quickly ruined by how the book was written. I found the book written in quite a simple way with not much description and most sentences quite 'simple'. Because of this l found it hard to connect with the main characters and wasn't left feeling like they were real people like with most books which l enjoy a lot. This then mean't l couldn't slip into another world while reading this book an ...more
Amy
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed this book but it wasn't a masterpiece of any kind. It reminded me of many of the other books in it's genre.

Eve and Jess are normal fifteen year old girls living in the Hamptons. That is until girls from her local high school are going insane and she finds herself shooting out electricity from her finger tips. Eve and her best friend have to figure out who is causing havoc in her town as she is the only one with the power to stop him.

Eve and Jess were really good friends but I didn't r
Books In Bloom
Mar 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
loved it...but of course, i liked the dude i shouldn't. haha. i wonder if he'll reappear in the series.
Greek Book Addiction
I am a Greek girl so it was a really easy way to start reading English novels!
I am not really satisfied of the whole story but the vocabulary was quite informative...
Grace
Dec 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: why, annoying-author
Lots of people who have given this book a deservedly low rating have also mentioned how they think that 'younger teens would love it'. I was twelve or thirteen when I first read this book. I was given it by a friend who got it free in Bliss magazine, and she gave it to me as she knows I like to read, and at that point she didn't at all. I knew straight away, just by looking at the front cover, that it was going to be one of the most cliche, unrealistic, Twilight rip-offiest books I would ever re ...more
Amy Jacobs
Aug 12, 2011 rated it did not like it
No matter how much you fall in love with this gorgeous cover, be warned that the book is not as beautiful as the art. I was looking for a new paranormal book in the young adult genre and remembered getting this one a while back. I dusted it off, and dove right into a book that was suppose to be suspenseful and full of intense scenes of paranormal chills. Unfortunately, Shadows fell short of my expectations.

This book seems to be written for more of the younger teens in mind. With that said, I sti
Char

*****SPOILERS*****

15 year old Eve Evergold is a pain in the arse who cares about nothing but boys, looks and how much money mummy and daddy have put on her AmEx. She's spoilt, vain, stupid, immature, shallow and in need of a good slap.

This book is meant to be about demons and a dark force living in Deepdene (which used to be called Demondene [obviously]) which is stealing the souls of the local residents but for the majority of this book we're just told how beautiful Eve is with bluer
Booknut
Strap on your Jimmy Choos - it's time for a little demon hunting!

Eve's life revolves around a few things:
- Shoes
- Shopping
- Lip gloss
- Prada bags
- Making sure not to max out her credit card
- Her best friend Jess

But when girls around town start taking trips to the psych ward, screaming that they're plagued by 'shadows' and 'demons', Eve and Jess start to uncover some sordid secrets about their hometown and what lurks within the darkness. On top of everything, Eve starts to develop some inte
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
When I first started this book and saw the mention of twilight on the second page, I thought this was going to be a book that I would hate. The writing wasn't superb and it took me quite a long time to adjust to the characters and their designer lifestyles, but once I did, the book actually turned out to be quite enjoyable. It wasn't very original and the twist was basically revealed from the blurb of the book, but it was a decent read all the same and I will be reading the next one to discover ...more
Shannon Bradley
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I see several people giving these books not so great reviews. I think they are forgetting that they're adults and these are YA books. If you want something deep and meaningful try reading a grown up book.

Personally I am really enjoying this series. I'm so thankful that it's not another Twilight knock off. The story line keeps me interested, I feel connected to the characters, and it's a great read at the end of a busy day.
Georgia
Jun 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF

I got to page 66, I seriously cannot waste my time on this.
Alexandra
Me: Oooh, pretty cover. What the hell, I need a new book anyway. *impulsively buys*

Well, let's just say I wasn't expecting great things from this book. I bought it two years ago and didn't read it - I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I read it as soon as I bought it. It wasn't a bad book. In fact, it was written quite well, and I feel younger teens would enjoy it. But I am not a younger teen.

This book annoyed me from the third page. The main character Eve shows herself to clearly be a
Joanne
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
The only reason I persevered with this book was because it has a low word count per page and 270 pages total. That's just a little over my normal read for an evening.

I'm also glad that I bought this and the other three in the series as library cast offs for 20p each. I know that's a mean and awful thing to say about someone's hard graft, but I can't pretend otherwise.

This is the type of story which is suited definitely to the lower YA age and maturity range. It is a mix of quite a few paranormal
Maryem
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
A somewhat disappointing book. A very rushed and disappointing end.
the book is about your typical teenage protagonist who finds out she has powers and ends up defeating the bad guy, same ol' story. Except the main character in this book, and her best friend may I add, are rich spoiled shallow 15 years olds(+ for originality). The protagonist here has no depth whatsoever and the majority of the book bluntly describes her obsession with shopping, shoes, dresses, makeup and anything fashion relate
Karyn Mitchell
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
So This had an interesting premise but the first half felt like it was filled with frivolous things and the second half felt like it was rushed, almost like the author thought, damn I've spent to long on useless rubbish like jimmy choos and forgot about the actual story.
This made the characters seem vain and 2 dimensional. Which made me loose focus in them pretty quickly. The only character that had any appeal to me at all was MAL and that was only because he was surrounded in mystery for most
Sheryl Faith
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
enjoyed this book THOROUGHLY! so unexpected to know M is the demon... Eve and Jess were so naive... Luke was so innocent, can't wait to read the HUNT. CUZ CRAP, i read last sequel first and am really glad Luke and Eve got together... however, my question is how? so looking forward to the hunt 2nd book to know my question and I'm glad M is gone.. yay.. :)
Kirsty McCracken
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75*. I was honestly not prepared to enjoy this. But the plot was pretty good! It felt a little juvenile at times but I really enjoyed the fact our leading lady (ladies really) wasn't an 'I'm not like other girls' trope. She loves fashion and hair and makeup and is ok with being in high school. Makes a nice little change.
Pooja Banga
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Suzy Marriott
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Read this as my daughter put it on my book shelf. Although it was far too young a book for my taste. I finished it because I can't put a book down once started. A very easy read and ideal for young teenagers!
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Eve Evergold is 15, and lives in a small town in the Hamptons called Deepdene. She's a rich girl - her mom is a cardiac surgeon, and her dad is a financial consultant, and she has just returned home after spending the summer in Hawaii with her best friend Jess.

Catching up on the gossip, Eve learns that two new boys have moved to town over the summer; Luke - the blond cutie who's the new preacher's son, and Mal, who's dark, smoldering, and mysterious. Naturally, Eve and Jess run into both of the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Dark Angel (Dark Angel, #1)
  • By Midnight (Ravenwood Mysteries, #1)
  • Dark Heart Forever (Dark Heart, #1)
  • Banished (Banished, #1)
  • Slayed
  • Kisses for Lula
  • The Summer of Shambles (Ondine #1)
  • Book of Revenge (Knight Angels, #2)
  • Honor Bound
  • Under My Skin (Skinned, #1)
  • Awakened (Prequel, The Guardian Legacy)
  • Almost to Die For (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #1)
  • Friend or Fae
  • Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1)
  • She Smells the Dead (Spirit Guide, #1)
  • Winter's Shadow (Winter Saga, #1)
  • Wide Awake (Academy of the Fallen, #1)
  • The Crescent
Amy Meredith now lives in California, though she has lived and worked in New York and the Hamptons where our heroes, Eve, Luke and Jess, come from. She has always had a fascination with the supernatural and wishes she had a super power like Eve's - although in real life she says she would definitely prefer shopping to demon-fighting!

Dark Touch (4 books)
  • The Hunt (Dark Touch, #2)
  • Fever (Dark Touch, #3)
  • Betrayal (Dark Touch #4)
“Eve returned to her lip-gloss application. "Biology. Ms Whittier," she said, not bothering to look at Luke.

"Cool. Me too. Can I borrow that?" He reached around her and plucked her lip glaze out of her fingers. She still held the wand.

He held out his hand for it.

"What? No," Eve said.

"Come on, it's my first day. I want to make a good impression. And clearly biology can't be understood without lipstick," Luke joked.

"Funny." Eve grabbed the lip glaze back. "This stuff is really good for you."

Luke raised his eyebrows. They disappeared into his floppy blond hair. He didn't have expressive dark brows like Mal.

"It has green tea antioxidants," Eve continued. "And macadamia extract and aloe vera for healing."

"Oh. That's different then," Luke said. "Carry on.”
3 likes