Start by marking “Reach for the Stars: and Other Advice for Life’s Journey” as Want to Read:
Reach for the Stars: and Other Advice for Life’s Journey

Reach for the Stars: and Other Advice for Life’s Journey

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Reach for the Stars is a wonderful way to encourage and congratulate those, regardless of age, who are celebrating a milestone…and feel ready to SPREAD THEIR WINGS AND FLY!

The young hero of Serge Bloch’s delightful Butterflies in My Stomach is back, along with his loyal dog Roger. Having mastered the first day of school, the two are embarking further on the perilous journ
Published April 6th 2010 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Reach for the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reach for the Stars

Sadia Mansoor
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, children
We all need motivation all the time, then why not kids? Here's a Children's motivational/inspirational book for u all... ^_^

:Donna Marie
REACH FOR THE STARS: and Other Advice for Life's Journey Along the lines of OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!, YAY, YOU! and THE NORTH STAR, this appealingly illustrated book by Serge Bloch fits right in, giving you another great gift choice for graduates and the like.

Its message isn't unique in that way, but what is unique is the illustration style. When done well, the mix of photographs and line drawings make for very interesting visuals. If you're looking for a good book of encouragement, this is o
Marcie
May 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Subtitled "and Advice for Life's Journey" this graduation, retirement, or continuation little book uses figurative language (aka figures of speech) illustrated with pen and ink drawings with photography. I was surprised when I found it, but it makes a great comparison with The World is Your Oyster - Venn diagrams anyone?
Skye Robinson
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
PB 25: What a wonderful book. I read this when I wasn't having the greatest of days and it cheered me right up. It reminded me of Oh the Places You'll go, which is my favorite book, so that was awesome. It teaches kids such a great lesson of picking yourself up when you get knocked down. Not to mention the illustrations are veryyyy peculiar but I loved it, very attention grabby.
E. Mellyberry
Bought it for my kids, and I ended up snatching it first and savoured it for a whole fifteen minutes. It was marvelous. The wisdom in such a simple illustrations and words. Good read.
Autumn Jean
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very cute book on the beauty and necessity of chasing dreams. I am using it for graduation gifts, but am so happy I read it. It gave me a pick me up. Love the illustrations!
Jillian Heise
Adorable. Another book to add to my end of the year read alouds list. Could also be used to teach cliches.
Crystal
Jul 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Filled with idioms about the journey of life.
Autumn
It delivers a simple, yet concise message about life and what it entails to sail on a pursuit of one`s dreams.

Jessica Benson
This is one of my favorite books. I would use it at the beginning of the school year with any age student. It is a great inspirational book that will motivate children for the entire year.
Carlee
Great book for teaching that life has ups and downs and that you can push through those and succeed.
Keelee
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Is this book too young for a 4th grader? I thought about giving it as a gift but wasn't sure.
Angela
Jun 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with young children
This is a wonderful book to read to your children. It explains the ups and downs of life with euphemisms and quotes.
Bridget
Jun 11, 2017
Dorothy
Dec 25, 2016
Krystal
rated it did not like it
Jun 06, 2016
Dec 19, 2015
Josie
May 16, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Serge Bloch’s first children’s book, I Can’t Wait by Davide Cali, is an IBBY award winner and has sold more than 100,000 copies worldwide. His other credits include The Enemy, also written by Davide Cali, and several books he has written himself: Butterflies in My Stomach, You Are What You Eat, and Reach for the Stars. He divides his time between New York and Paris.
More about Serge Bloch...