Start by marking “Final Passage” as Want to Read:
Final Passage

Final Passage

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
When Martin Lancaster was eighteen, his father was mysteriously lost at sea during a yacht race. Years later Martin discovers long-lost logbooks in his mother's attic and vows to find out the truth. But he meets implacable resistance from family, business colleagues and officials, who seem prepared to stop at nothing to prevent him discovering what really happened all thos ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 9th 2009 by Smashwords, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Final Passage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Passage

Brad's Reader
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The premise of Final Passage is the main character, Martin Lancaster, is trying to figure out what really happened to his father - who was killed at sea while sailing. During his investigation, Martin is unable to find his father's logbook, a piece of evidence that would shed more light on the elder Lancaster's untimely death.

With that plot in the background, Martin goes about his life, running his own advertising agency and trying to get his daughter Alice on a straight path towards responsible
Lori Henrich
Martin that he had everything going for him. He is married has a beautiful daughter and his own business. His biggest client shows up in his office to let him know they are withdrawing their business for another company. With this one event Martin's life goes into a tailspin. Everything starts to go wrong. Martin is also trying to find out the truth about what happened to his father and what truth the missing logbook might reveal about his tragic death.

This started out okay and ended okay, but
Shelley
May 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I read this one a while back and am just now getting around to reviewing it. I really liked this one. I would think I knew what happened and think I had it figured out and then it would throw me a curve ball and I was wrapped up in it again. It kept my attention and the actual storyline was interesting and held my attention.
Vicki Tyley
Feb 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
A thoroughly enjoyable read, full of twists and turns. Great premise, well-drawn characters, and polished writing that flows.

The yachting setting plays a major part – a character in its own right. Fascinating. If a novel can inform as well as entertain, then for me, it’s a winner.

Highly recommended. I look forward to reading more from Tim Frost.
Karen
Apr 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone that enjoys a great mistery/thriller.
Just finished reading this book in one week. Great story line and a lot of twists and turns throughout the book that keep you guessing, just when you think you've figured it out another twist is thrown in. Great/happy ending!!
Janice
May 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great read. Would recommend.
Jack
Feb 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Escapist adventure taking place mainly on a yacht around the Caribbean and featuring one very unlucky PR man and his estate agent brother.
Amy
Mar 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Thriller-lovers
Recommended to Amy by: Barnes and Noble
This was a great story.

Well written, with only a one small issue; some of the story "jumped" in spots (from being "the story" then to being in the main characters thoughts) BUT, I think that confusion might have been from it being an ebook. I'm sure the spacing/text distinguished it better in print form.

Overall, this was a great book with a good twist at the end. I like happy endings.
Nina Vandewater
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
British author pens adventure thriller centered around a yachting race from the Canary Islands to Grenada in celebration of Columbus's 500th anniversary. Our hero is a nice mix of good guy and dumb cluck who has gotten himself in a world of trouble. This is a proverbial page turner and nice, very light summer reading.
Kathryn
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It had a minor flaw or two (and let's face it, most mysteries do) but was an enjoyable read. And, in the process, learned quite a bit about sailing! Thanks for publishing in ePub so I was able to read on my eNook.
Janet
Mar 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Did not finish. Did not like the main character; perhaps his personality (risk-taker, always thinking tomorrow will be better, no attention to details) is the problem. Overdrawn at the bank, but he can't stop spending/losing money foolishly.
Anup
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

About me: I am a novice reader and just started reading books.

I really enjoyed this book. The story is great and keeps you entertained. I felt that I was actually a part of the story and could visualize the scenes while I was reading.
Troy Lefman
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Too many errors...
Bonnie Luckey
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. A good mystery!
Lesley
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Did a lot of sailing as a child and it bought back some wonderful mememories. Very well written. Good story of family torn by secrets unshared.
Gail
Aug 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Got this as a free book on my nook and started it bacause I didn't have anything else at the time. It turned out to be exciting with murder, mystery, romance, and drama. I was quite surprised.
Julie
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
slow start, and I couldn't help thinking what a moron the main character was. It got better as it went on, but I still didn't like Martin
Billy
Jul 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Once this book got underway, the pace just kept on increasing... Definately a good read...
CarolAnn
Apr 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
It was not the best written book. It took me awhile to get use to the 1st person dialogue. But the plot was intriguing and interesting.
Therese
Jul 15, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: mystery
$0.0
Teri
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Started off slow, but became very entertaining.
Carlissa
Jun 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Carlissa by: got free at Barnes & Noble
I got this ebook free at Barnes & Noble. I enjoyed the beginning of the story, in the middle I thought Martin was a real moron, but liked the twist at the end.
Debbie
  • Paydirt
  • The Tourist Trail
  • Buried Pasts
  • Final Vector
  • A Cup of Comfort Women of the Bible Devotional: Daily Reflections Inspired by Scripture's Most Beloved Heroines
  • Siren of the Waters (Commander Jana Matinova, #1)
  • Northfield
  • The Second Amendment #1
  • Project Cyclops
  • The Tylenol Mafia: Marketing, Murder, and Johnson & Johnson
  • Falling Uphill
  • The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1)
  • Ransom X (A Legacy Mystery #1)
  • The Sinking of the Titanic
  • Kell's Legend (Clockwork Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)
  • The Manuscript (The Delphi Chronicle, #1)
  • Hunt at the Well of Eternity (Gabriel Hunt, #1)