Start by marking “An Ideal Wife (Jessica Wild, #3)” as Want to Read:
An Ideal Wife (Jessica Wild, #3)

An Ideal Wife

(Jessica Wild #3)

How to ruin a perfectly good marriage: become an Ideal Wife!

Married to the man she loves—sweet, sexy Max—Jessica Wild-Wainwright is blissfully happy . . . except for one tiny little problem: She never confessed to an (almost) tryst with Max’s biggest rival right before their wedding. Eaten up with guilt and facing down threats of exposure, Jessica decides to give Max what
Published June 22nd 2010 by Ballantine Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about An Ideal Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Ideal Wife

Debbie
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Something to pass the time.

I'll be very honest. This book was a bit of harmless distraction for me. I am a part of the reading challenge and I like to keep it going. The book I read previously was awfully heavy, so naturally it was necessary for the next read to be something lite. This was. It was lite. It was not always realistic or probable. I did not always believe in the story and it did not always hold my attention. Although I was curious enough to keep reading, I don't know that I blame
Jessica Lawlor
Oct 09, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2010
An Ideal Wife by Gemma Townley is the third book in the hilarious Jessica Wild series. Jessica Wild is insanely in love with her husband Max, and Max is just as enamored with her. However, Jessica has a secret. A secret she knows she needs to confess to Max, but she doesn’t want to because Max believes that Jessica is the “perfect wife.”

So Jessica goes on a mission to discover what it means to be a perfect wife. She begins volunteering at a homeless shelter, takes a cooking class and attempts to
Maggie
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
While this book is short in pages, it is long in reading. I felt the writing was trying too hard to be funny which made it take forever to get through and slightly exhausting.
Stephanie
Jan 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Aileen
Sep 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuation of the last book, Jess and Max have been married
a year, Jess is hiding a secret but what? Max thinks she’s the perfect
wife but is she? Jess comes up with a project to make her “The Ideal
Wife” but can she succeed? I didn’t really enjoy this book as much as
the other 2 I have read in the past, not sure I would recommend.

Toni
Aug 07, 2010 rated it liked it
I was disappointed to the end of this series. I felt it was cluttered with characters and didn't feel true to her character.
Casey Bennett
Sep 12, 2010 rated it liked it
I wasn't too impressed with this. It was an easy read but very predictable. Reading a book like this makes me feel like I could be an author.
Nurin
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring in some ways. I've learnt not to immerse myself into becoming a perfect person. We have flaws, we just have to embrace them. Also, I hate nurse Emily. I knew it from the start she would try to kiss Max. She actually almost did. Lol. A wife's instincts are always right. She's flirtatious, somehow. Good read. I enjoyed it.
Robyn Choate
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun, light read. Enjoyed the series.
Amy
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I am so happy I didn't listen to some of the other reviews on here about this book! Honestly, if you liked the other two books in the series, I can't understand why you wouldn't enjoy this one also - it's just more of the same. Sure, it's a little bit far fetched, silly and farcical, but no more so than the other two books, which were equally as improbable and light hearted! That's what I like about this series, anyway; I like reading series because I feel like meeting the characters again is a ...more
Shanna
Feb 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: gemma-townley
This is the third and final installment of Jessica Wild. In this book Jessica decides she needs to become "The Ideal Wife" for her hubby Max. After many misforutnes trying to become 'ideal' which lands her husband in the hospital, she then has to look after the business while Max is recuperating. Along the way many things happen that make Jessica question if she's right for Max at all. Wasn't the best book of the three...from the first book where Jessica lives on the straight and narrow and does ...more
mandyfujita
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I read Gemma Townley's "A Wild Affair" a long time ago, but you don't have to really read it to understand "An Ideal Wife". At the beginning, I didn't care for Jessica. She seemed to doubt herself especially when her husband, Max, refers to her as the perfect wife. She thinks by learning how to cook and iron will get her into a higher status as being the best wife she can be.

Things eventually get screwed up when an value audit happens at work, her busband breaks his leg and the mafia follows J
Kendra
Jul 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it
It's a cute, fun, escapist novel. Jessica is a very well written protagonist, but the plot felt a bit like whipped cream--delicious but with a lack of real substance. I'm not expecting the book to be anything but a light read, it's just that the plot seemed somewhat contrived and a leaned a little too heavily on the previous two books in the series (which were both quite engaging and fun to read). If you are a fan of Jessica Wild, it's a good read; if you're a newbie, try one of the previous Jes ...more
Cobie
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was ok

Not her best work. I honestly couldn't wait for it to be over. I liked the other books that contained the same characters but was not fussy on this one. I think maybe it's too bad that this will be the last book with these characters. I think the author was just lazy when writing them in this book bc there wasnt much of the same qualities in the characters as it was in the previous books.
Meri
May 03, 2012 rated it liked it
The third and final in this series of Townley's, this was maybe my favorite of the three. There are all of the familiar characters but another surprise from Jessica's past to keep you guessing. This one has a bit more heart than the other two though. She does an excellent job writing funny and entertaining characters. Similar in style to Sophie Kinsella, but definitely her own style as well.
Meghan
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Clare
Jan 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
Terrible premise for a book - a newlywed woman is being blackmailed by the man she slept with before her marriage but during her engagement. To rid herself of her feelings of guilt, she tries to be the ideal wife. I just felt icky over this so stopped reading - by the middle of the second chapter.
Jessica
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
I've liked this series less and less as it has gone on. Jessica Wild-Wainwright just gets dumber and dumber. It was also very predictable. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it was just corny and I'm glad it's over.
Kit Murray
Oct 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
this book was a cute quick read. i am a sucker for dramatic romantic comedies written by british female authors. and this book delivered in that i knew there would be a happy ending kind of way. loved it.
Charlene
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Very easy read - book was ok but I don't recommend
Lindsey Stromberg
Sep 14, 2010 rated it liked it
This was a very cute easy or fluffy read. Like the charactor Helen : )
Norma Bush
Jul 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Dreck, not worth the paper it is printed on.
Rachel Jayme
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love everything gemma writes... hope she has a new one out soon... imiss her.
Erin
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars...i felt a little frustrated with the main character...i didn't understand her need to be perfect, or why it was so hard for her to tell the truth...so just an ok read for me.
Angela
Feb 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Was okay but not as good as some of her other books.
Deborah  Sigel
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought I just "kind of" liked it, until near the end of this short read, which was like a comedy of errors. I laughed, then I cried.
I found this a bit slow and had to really push myself to get to half way through it. I then decided that it wasn't worth finishing it when I had other more promising books to read.
Rosie
Jun 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
It's mildly entertaining and apparently 3rd in a series. But not for those who like intricate plots, definitely a pool side read or something.
Tammy McGowan
Feb 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
final book, thankfully.
a bit of drama happens but other than that, bleh.
Jill
Nov 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Still hysterical but the story line has lost some steam...

• When You Least Expect It
  • The Glamorous (Double) Life of Isabel Bookbinder
  • Smooth Operator
  • Body Master (The Body, #1)
  • Dangerous Games: The Devil to Pay / Wizard
  • Wicked Wonderland
  • Home is Where the Bark Is
  • Montana Destiny
  • Shadows at Midnight
  • Luck Be a Lady (West Investigations, #2)
  • The Book of Peach
  • Bliss
  • The Blonde Theory
  • Celebutantes
  • L'Affaire
  • Fortunate Harbor (Happiness Key, #2)
  • You Dropped a Blonde on Me (Ex Trophy Wives #1)
  • First Comes Love
Gemma Townley launched her writing career at the age of sixteen with a book review in Harpers & Queen. At Reading University, unimpressed with the official university paper, Spark, she launched a satirical rival, Spank, which she edited for a year before taking over as deputy editor on Spark and features editor on South-East Student.

Gemma is currently head of communications at the Chartered In

Jessica Wild (3 books)
  • The Importance of Being Married (Jessica Wild, #1)
  • A Wild Affair (Jessica Wild, #2)