Start by marking “500 Teapots: Contemporary Explorations of a Timeless Design” as Want to Read:
500 Teapots: Contemporary Explorations of a Timeless Design

500 Teapots: Contemporary Explorations of a Timeless Design (500 Series)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Its a bit of everything in this artistic celebration. Some find inspiration in classic Asian designs. Others take a figurative approach. Still more look to the natural world. Browse through a variety of surface treatments, from intricate carved forms to narrative painted patterns.
Published October 1st 2002 by Lark Crafts

To ask other readers questions about 500 Teapots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 500 Teapots

RB Love
May 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2010
I found this book while substitute teaching Ceramics yesterday and read the whole thing during my prep period. Surprising that it drug me through from beginning to end. It is, after all, a book about teapots. But what I found interesting was the distinct styles that caught my eye. What artistic styles and techniques attracted me.
Additionally, the introduction by Kathy Triplett had some insightful quotes.
"I have been surprised at every turn how the clayworker's ingenuity persists in finding new r
Charles
Apr 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am very glad this book exists.

Basically, this is a picture book of many different interpretations of the tea pot, using different ceramics, firing and glazing methods, ranging from useable to High Art, which carries a vague resemblance to something with a belly and a spout. Some are beautiful and some hideous, but all captivating. It was like a nice, laminated trip to the museum, and I was also happy to leave the book behind (or rather return it to the library).
Kristine
Apr 08, 2011 rated it liked it
This is definitely a "contemporary" showcase of teapots. Some are very creative and barely resemble anything like a teapot, but much fun to look at. As a traditionalist, I only found about a half dozen styles I really liked.
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art
I love the 500 series. While I think some of the teapots in this book could have been more provoking, many are quite wonderful and inspiring. It always facinates me to see how many ways we can interpert a single object.
Andrew Cossaboon
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
great photos and offers as a great inspiration for my work in clay.
Sarah Jordan
Nov 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Some weird teapots in this book
Nikki
Feb 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this is a beautiful book if you love to look at at teapots or if you are collectors!
darlene m droor
Dec 30, 2015
Laura Moon
Apr 07, 2015
Linda Pahl
May 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
A native of Orangeburg, SC, Kathy Triplett attended the Universidad de las Americas in Puebla, Mexico and received her B. A. from Agnes Scott College in Decatur, GA. Additionally, she honed her artistic skills in courses at La Meridiana, Italy; Arrowmont School, Tennessee; Castle Clay, Colorado; and the architecture department at Georgia Tech.

While in Mexico, Triplett developed an interest in the
More about Kathy Triplett...

500 Series (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • 21st Century Jewelry: The Best of the 500 Series