Start by marking “My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon” as Want to Read:
My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon

My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon (Vampire Files #11.5 (Her Mother's Daughter))

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  6,267 Ratings  ·  240 Reviews
What newly married couple doesn't dream of a romantic retreat where they can escape the world for a while—but what happens when supernatural forces intrude on their wedded bliss?
Nine of today’s hottest paranormal authors answer that question in this all-star collection of supernatural stories. Can a vampire-hunter enjoy her honeymoon when she’s just learned that her new hu
Audiobook, Unabridged, 12 pages
Published June 1st 2010 (first published December 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon

Jilly
I only read the Harry Dresden short story. It was about Harry looking for a kidnapped newlywed, with help from Ms. Gard. It was good. Whatever. Not the point.

The point, you ask? Well, we have always known that Ms. Gard was some sort of supernatural creature, but didn't know what. Well, it turns out that she is a Valkyrie!!

A Valkyrie!!! As in Odin's beautiful Grim Reapers. (You know where I'm going with this!)

Wait, did someone say Odin?

And, when you think of Odin, who do you think of?

thor chris hemsworth photo: :P ScreenShot2012-09-04at32253PM.png

That's ri
Kathy
Feb 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, read-in-2012
Stalked by Kelley Armstrong - I have never read this author before, though I have wanted to. This story was good, but it fits in between books in one of her series. The premise is that this couple is on their honeymoon (Surprised, huh? The title of the book just gives that completely away!). They are not your average couple, they are werewolves. Unfortunately for them, they are not alone...they are being hunted. We get all the politics of being part of a pack and what is called a "mutt". It's re ...more
As most compilation volumes, this one had some good stories, some ok stories and some bad stories.

Up first, Stalked, by Kelly Armstrong. Plot was eh, writing was marginally better.

Second, Herot, by Jim Butcher, was the standout. Fast past, tightly written, engaging, and unlike many others, it didn't require an understanding of the authors' previous works to enjoy the story.

Roman Holiday by Rachel Caine was a real disappointment. This one was a direct followup to the story in a My Big Fat Supe
Riju Ganguly
After a really long time, I got to read an anthology that can be considered total crap. So far, I had harboured rather positive ideas about these anthologies being edited by P.N. Elrod, but after reading this one..... But, let me describe my feelings about the stories.

1. "Stalked" by Kelly Armstrong: Had some muscle that was totally buried under overwritten flab.
2. "Heorot" by Jim Butcher: The best story of the book, and perhaps the best short work in the Dresden Files.
3. "Roman Holiday" by Rach
Wealhtheow
The problem with these stories was that all the authors already had a series, or wanted one. Authors like Armstrog and Butcher had to introduce new readers to their long-established worlds while not alienating old readers. New authors felt the need to fit entire mythologies and backstories into the honeymoons. Few were even marginally successful.
The readable
Stalked, by Kelly Armstrong. Cute interplay between Elena, the only female werewolf, and her new husband (but old flame) Clay. This was one
Yvensong
Sep 15, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish
I listened to Stalked by Armstrong and Heorot by Butcher.

I didn't enjoy Stalked as much as I thought I would, though I no longer remember what it was that didn't appeal to me.

I really enjoyed the Harry Dresden story. It was exciting, full of action, and interesting characters.

I returned this audio book back to the library because I just couldn't find the time nor interest to listen to any of the other stories at this time. Maybe I'll try this one at a later date, maybe for another road trip.
Elizabeth
Mar 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of any of the participating authors, fantasy fans who like a dash of romance
All of heavy-hitters in this book deliver- Jim Butcher, Kelley Armstrong, and P. N. Elrod really can't do much wrong by me. I also enjoyed Katie MacAlister's and Marjorie Liu's contributions and will absolutely be seeking out more Lilith Saintcrow based on the strength of her short story. The rest of the stories, though, I could take or leave. I felt dropped into the middle of series, and while that worked with the authors I'm familiar with (and I suspect their writing is strong enough that the ...more
Lesley
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthology
2.5 Stars

After greatly enjoying My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding, I’m more than a little disappointed in this follow up. The stories by Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, and P.N. Elrod are great - funny, entertaining, action packed - and Rachel Caine and Marjorie M. Liu also made good efforts. But the other half of the stories, the ones written by Caitlin Kittredge, Katie MacAlister, Lilith Saintcrow, and Ronda Thompson, just plain sucked. The characters were whiny, self-absorbed, and stupid, and I
Kat
May 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic read- lots of good stories in it. I'm actually starting to recognize characters from the authors who routinely contribute to these types of short story collections. I'm actually beginning to think about looking a few of them up. the premise here is pretty simple: the idea of honeymoons and supernatural characters. Vampires, witches, and even werewolves all show up in this tome. I'm going to have to find the first collection (My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding) and read those st ...more
Rachel Graft
Excited to read another Book in the series. 9 authors make up this book and Katie MacAlister is part of the Dark Ones Series.

I finally finished the Book. It is a book in the series that is a half book with a variety of authors, including Katie MacAlister's short story about Book 1 - Raphael. I do feel the story could have been added to the first book in a Chapter used as a history lesson on his family but it was nice to find out more about his history. The short story Book is nice to get a taste
Jamie Collins
Jim Butcher's story is the best. It's typical non-stop Harry Dresden action and I smirked all the way through it.

P.N. Elrod's story is good, although I missed Escott. I'm ready for another Jack Fleming novel.

Kelley Armstrong's story features her werewolves Clay & Elena. It's okay, but it was written from Clay's point of view and I wish she hadn't done that. I like Clay better as mysterious figure.
Heather Cluskey
I bought this book for Katie MacAlister's short story in it, which I loved. There was only one other story in the book, by Rachel Caine, that I enjoyed. None of the other stories made me want to read any further works by the other authors.
Jael
May 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shape-shifter, own
I bought this book purely for Kelley Armstrong's story "Stalked". Which (even though was only 35 pages) I really enjoyed from start to finish. If you've read Broken then you know there was still some unanswered questions in regards to Clay, but this short story handled it well.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Stalked - Otherworld Stories 7.3

Elena and Clay short about a run-in with mutts on their honeymoon.
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stalked by Kelley Armstrong stars werewolves Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers which are characters from her Women of the Otherworld series.

I've never read that series or anything by Kelley Armstrong so I was going in blind. I didn't know that these stories were going to have characters from the author's other series. I was a little bit uneasy, just because I don't like to jump in the middle of things - I prefer to start from the very beginning and get to know the characters the way they were i
Meredith
Nov 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Tina Falkner, Cindy, Shawn
Stalked by Kelly Armstrong started out a bit slow, but picked up speed. Those familiar with the 'verse will have an inkling that Elena's nose knows. The story is fun as it unfolds.

The male narrator was not good. Besides the lack of southern accent for Clay (which I'm sure the reader had no clue about), Elena was voiced in a girlish falsetto. :: shudder::

Herot by Jim Butcher is solid and classic Harry, but I didn't find this short catching me the way the one in Supernatural Wedding did. I did enj
Michelle
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoyed Kelley Armstrong stories of women of the otherworld although this one felt a bit rushed but I suppose it being a short story and all that’s understandable.

Jim Butcher stories of Harry Dresden always good

P.N. Elrod- I have read short stories from the vampire files before and always mean to read more because I like the characters.

Anything else in this book was ok not something I would pick up and read on its own
Mia
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious. The Newlydeads story freaked me out, so I didn't finish it. The Heorot story with the Grendel descendent was super creepy too. I liked the Wulf story, Cat got your tongue, and Roman Holiday the most. Only Roman Holiday continues a story from Big Fat Supernatural Wedding.
Honza Prchal
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly, Jim Butcher's excellent contribution is NOT the best story in this collection.
Rhianna
Putting the full moon in 'honeymoon'...

We've taken a look at the wild and weird wedding photos, now it's time to hitch a ride on the honeymoon train. Here are a handful of supernatural stories of post-wedding vacations gone awry.

[STALKED:] by Kelley Armstrong is a Clay and Elena story from her Women of the Otherworld series. When a mutt interupts Clay's special honeymoon plans for Elena he's got to get rid of the bastard without drawing attention to it. Fans of Armstrong's characters will prob
Melissa
Oct 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
I think I would've enjoyed this more had I been familiar with the Beowulf/Grendel mythology. Cheers to mead, though.
Benjamin
I wanted to try something a little new and I think I got what I deserve by trying something new. Anthologies are almost always going to be mixed bags, with different authors interesting/disgusting you with their themes/styles/characters; and no way to judge new authors other than to jump in and read.

The stories in this collection all share two aspects: someone is on a honeymoon (not always the main character) and something supernatural is involved. Oh, and a third is shared by many stories: the
Racquel
Colleen
Sep 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The "sequel" to MY BIG FAT SUPERNATURAL WEDDING, this anthology was pretty successful, although I enjoyed fewer stories than in its predecessor. That's not unusual for anthologies, but giving that I liked all but one previously, I had higher hopes for success.

As one suspects from the title, this time around all of the short stories are centered around honeymoons.

Also, it should be no surprise that yet another of Jim Butcher's Dresden File stories brought MY BIG FAT SUPERNATURAL HONEYMOON to my a
Lady Entropy
Jan 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon é o segundo volume de uma série que começou com My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (que eu descobri durante um dos meses temáticos na FNAC). MBFSW era tudo o que fantasia urbana tinha de bom: romance, loucura, conceitos inovadores (um deles pôs-me à procura da autora online, a ver se ela tinha usado o conceito num livro. Não tinha). Havia alguns "gajos estabelecidos" como o Jim Butcher a procurar novos leitores, metendo contos baseados nas suas séries mais conhecid
Chelsealuv Krigbaum
Read-Jim Butcher's, Heorot
I am completely intrigued with Ms. Gard! Who is she? The daughter of Oden!!! ?Seriously!
I really enjoyed the fact that Harry saved the day too!
Theresa
I like reading anthology’s once in a while, to sample other authors and series. This one’s not too bad. Though for some of the saying they are honeymoon and/or supernatural related is a stretch.

1)Stalked by Kelly Armstrong. Women of the Otherworld Stories #7.3. 3 stars. This book is reviewed separately. Please refer to that.

2)Herot by Jim Butcher. Dresden Files #9.5. 3 stars. It was ok, but I don’t really care for witch/sorcerer stories by themselves. So this was a bit too ‘witchy’ for me, th
Kit
Jan 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, anthology
Meh... Some of the stories were ok. I don't mean to be critical, but I really wasn't impressed with this collection.

Stalked by Kelley Armstrong * * *
I've never heard of this author before, and I'm really not interested in changing that. This is the story of a werewolf couple dealing with an unwanted admirerer. This one is a side story in the Women of the Otherworld series - pretty ho-hum.

Heorot by Jim Butcher * *
This mini-story in the Dresden Files series was ok, but that's about it. A detective
Rita
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some stories were better than others. I really enjoyed the Jim Butcher and P N Elrod ones.
Misti
This is another series of stories, though apparently inspired by a previous anthology, “My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding”. Like most anthologies, the quality of the contained stories (and their general understandability) varies immensely. After all, when there’s an indescribable creature from the black lagoon, it’s hard to picture what it’s doing and how it moves.

Stalked, by Kelley Armstrong – 3/5. I was hoping for better from Ms. Armstrong as I’ve liked her writing style in the past.

Heorot, by
  • Many Bloody Returns
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Cupid Cats (Dark Ones #7.5)
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Mean Streets (Remy Chandler, #1.5; Greywalker, #3.5; Nightside, #9.5; The Dresden Files, #10.5)
  • Hotter Than Hell (The Hollows, #4.5)
  • Powers of Detection: Stories of Mystery & Fantasy
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance (Otherworld Stories)
  • Checkmate (Otherworld Stories, #9.5)
  • Naked City: Tales of Urban Fantasy
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • By Blood We Live
Patricia Nead Elrod is an American fantasy writer specializing in novels about vampires. Her work falls into areas of fantasy and (in some cases) mystery or historical fiction, but normally not horror, since her vampires are the heroes. -Wikipedia
More about P.N. Elrod...

Vampire Files (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Bloodlist (Vampire Files, #1)
  • Lifeblood (Vampire Files, #2)
  • Bloodcircle (Vampire Files, #3)
  • Art in the Blood (Vampire Files, #4)
  • Fire in the Blood (Vampire Files, #5)
  • Blood on the Water (Vampire Files, #6)
  • A Chill in the Blood (Vampire Files, #7)
  • The Dark Sleep (Vampire Files, #8)
  • Lady Crymsyn (Vampire Files, #9)
  • Cold Streets (Vampire Files, #10)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)