Start by marking “Elmo Loves You (Sesame Street)” as Want to Read:
Elmo Loves You (Sesame Street)

Elmo Loves You

(Sesame Street)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  526 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Everyone loves something—it’s true! In this rhyming book, Elmo explains how everyone has something special they care about—babies love noise and kids love toys; Bert loves pigeons and pigeons love to coo. And, as Elmo loves to remind readers throughout the book, to toddler's delight, “Elmo loves you!”

While this is a great present for Valentine’s Day, it's also a sweet, re
Board Book, 24 pages
Published January 2nd 2002 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published December 15th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Elmo Loves You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elmo Loves You

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Calista
The nephew brought this book out of the Little Golden book shelves to read again. He likes Elmo. Elmo has an excellent message: “Elmo loves You”. A great thing for kids to hear. I do love the picture of the Monsters exercising. Very 80s and delightful. When did Oscar the grouch get a girlfriend. I am so behind on my Sesame street news.

It’s a cute book for young readers. The nephew gave it 3 stars. Me too.
Eric
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
This book creeps me out, and if my daughter didn't love Elmo so much, I'd misplace it. Elmo is like some kind of stalker out for Valentine's day love, and at the end he extorts a kiss from the reader. And the poetry is really lousy.
Ash
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens-and-ya
Jasp got this from his Grandma for Valentine's Day. Very cute.
Lauren Robinson
I am 13 years old and how do you expect children to read it, if not even i can understand the words. The words are so hard. They had words like "hello, today, bride, work".... IT WAS SO CONFUSING
Michele
Aug 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This was a sweet Valentine's Day present for my little girl. She just loves Elmo!
Michael
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book is really hard and has high vocabulary but is a really good read, but this must be a collage level book.
Gretchen
May 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorites!! I love kissing Elmo at the end, who wouldn't??
Sara
Jan 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing. granted, a little creepy. but...ELMO LOVES YOU! so it's all worth it.
Katie
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emma-books
After a year daughter still loves it
Brinli
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading Elmo Loves You because it taught me that there is always something to love in life especially as a young child when your developing. Elmo is such a cute animation that many readers' enjoy, I remember loving the books and movies that Elmo starred in. It was the way he acted, his cute adorable voice that made me get interested in books & movies. The way there is always something cute in every page he said, I really enjoyed it and now I read those same Elmo books to my ...more
Curtis Edmonds
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've read this a thousand times, I guess. I've got it memorized. The only real problem we've ever had with it was an insistence - an utter, stark, raving insistence - that the red monster on the "Monsters like to exercise" page is Elmo. It is not. I have explained this, and my kids no longer insist that it is.

My kids have outgrown a lot of their board books. Not this one.
Meg McGregor
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it

Rachael Strieper
Mar 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is great book that demonstrates love in short peoms. The sesame street characters demonstrates their love for various activities such as going to the library, pigs love to roll in the mud, and big bird loves the pool. This is a book for toddlers that are beginning to read.
Amanda Grooms
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another Valentines Day book I picked up. Zander likes Elmo and Sesame Street, so I thought, why not? This actually has very cute and detailed illustrations, and the story is cute as well; Z always kisses the book at the end! <3
Robert
My three-year old daughter enjoys this book.
****
All the Sesame Street characters are presented. The reader learns that Elmo loves him. Ho hum.

****
23 July 2007
18 February 2012 (read with Fritz upon his request)
2 December 2012 (read with Fritz upon his request)

Mely
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Anything that's Elmo, my toddler absolutely loves. We bought this book for her for Valentine's Day and she fell in love with it. It's cute illustrations and charming story, is sure to make any Elmo fan's day!
Upstatemamma
Aug 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Elmo books are always a hit in our house. The kids love Elmo. This one is super cute. It is rhyming and that is always good for kids getting ready to read and understand written language. Plus, its kind of extra fun.
Regina L
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this Sesame Street Little Golden Book, Elmo tells us all about how everyone on Sesame Street has something important to love, and reminds us that Elmo loves US! It’s a perfect book for Valentine’s Day but Dolly will keep it in her bookshelf year round! Read more at www.diapers-and-daydreams.com
Mary
This is a great book for kids who know and like Sesame Street because it talks about all of the things that the characters enjoy. It especially focuses on Valentine's Day and love--good for ECE level readers.
Beckie
Huge hit with my little 2 year old daughter who just adores Elmo. This is a Valentine's Day book and quite adorable.
Gabriela
Dec 25, 2015 rated it liked it
My students loved this book! It's very sweet, there are a serious amount of stickers in it. A LOT of stickers.
Sandra Towns
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
My son loves elmo and sesame street in general. This is one of his favorites
Tricia
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
Neither of my children like Elmo or Sesame Street but they both love this book! It would be perfect for an Elmo-loving kid or to pick up from the library right before Valentine's Day.
Amber
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I know for a fact that not all farmers like to wake up early, but Elmo makes sweeping generalizations. Also, he comes on a little strong here. Too much too soon, Elmo.
Annburnett
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: skylar
Sesame Street is always a good read for the children. Love the furry red guy.
Kim
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mini-me
Okay, it is Elmo. But it's also super-sweet.
Sabrina Cannon
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Nice book. One I've read many times with my kids.
Cara
My son is just learning to read and he enjoyed reading this book (with some help).
Cara
Quick and cute read. My son giggled every time I said 'Elmo loves you' (he's only 2).
Lauren E  Davis
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Drew gives this book 5 stars :)

• Where Are Baby's Easter Eggs?: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • You Can Do It, Sam
  • I Love You So...
  • Kingdom of Color (Disney Tangled)
  • Family Home Evening Resource Book
  • Magic Fish
  • Another Monster at the End of This Book
  • Potty Time with Elmo (Sesame Street)
  • The Adventures of Odysseus
  • The Gingerbread Man
  • Disney Junior - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Minnie's Valentine
  • Curious George Takes a Train
  • Christmas in the Manger

Sesame Street (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Sesame Street Let's Cook!
  • Grover's Guide To Good Manners (Little Golden Books : Sesame Street)
  • Elmo's Christmas
  • Brought to You by the Letter A--Coloring Book (Sesame Street)
  • Baby Love (Sesame Street Baby Photo Board Books)
  • Sesame Street Lift-And-peek Party! (Great Big Board Book)
  • Big Bird's Copycat Day