Start by marking “Leaves of Hope” as Want to Read:
Leaves of Hope

Leaves of Hope

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  133 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
An adventurous spirit has always set Beth Lowell apart in her family, creating tension with her mother, Jan, who cherishes stability. Beth, a risk taker who traverses the globe for her job, wonders how Jan, now widowed, can endure her staid, predictable life. Then a note hidden inside an antique tea set reveals that Jan has kept a shocking secret from Beth.

Beth's search fo
Published November 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Leaves of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaves of Hope

Katrina
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of coincidences with Mr. Man, but overall very enjoyable.
Evelyn
Apr 19, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An adventurous spirit has always set Beth Lowell apart in her family, creating tension with her mother. Beth, who travels all over the world for her job, wonders how her widowed mother Jan can endure her staid, predictable life. Then a note hidden inside an antique tea

A satisfying, gentle read. Likeable characters who solve real-life problems. Highly recommend.
Cheryl-Lynn
Jul 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have started reading one other of Catherine Palmer's books. I didn't enjoy it so stopped. I really liked this book. It was a fast read, uplifting, and a fun little romance. There is a lot of christian beliefs intermixed which I don't mind- it's nice to know there are other religious people out there.
Hannah
Jul 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK, well I love Cathrine Palmer! Her stories are always inspiring. While reading, I thought I had the whole thing figured out, but I didn't. I really liked it. It's a nice light-hearted read that you can put down and begin again without loosing what you're reading. I finished it quickly...probably about three days.
Jill Twigg
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beth Lowell,coming from a stable home, learns that she has a different father from her brothers. She sets out to find him and by happenstance, meets the president of the company her birth father works for in Africa. This story reflects on the relationship of Beth's mother Jan, who kept the knowledge of her pregnancy from Beth's father, and the decisions one makes through life.
Dani Moore
Jul 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed following Beth on her journey to find "her roots" so to speak. I was my mothers bio child but was just as foreign to her. I loved the message that faith is not always comfortable or easy. Easy reading. Finioshed in 2 days.
Christal
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
easy read, but I really liked it. It made me think so much about our different personalities and how God uses each person's gifts. It also dealt with out fears and to not let them stop you from living.
Ahuvah
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my personal opinion, the ending was not satisfactory. Thus, it was a bit of disappointment for me. I skimmed a lot, especially in Jan's parts. I didn't really like her character. If only the ending were complete, I would be a one happy gal.
Hannah
Jan 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book, but I didn't like the ending. What happened was good, I just feel like she should have expounded or told us a little more of what happened after the ending--like a summarizing epilogue.
Carolyn
Very interesting plot. A teapot sends a woman searching for her birth father while at odds with her mother who believes he is dead and wants her daughter to forget about him.
Stephi Cham
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: worth-a-reread
Predictable, but touched my heart and really captured the inner struggles of the characters that many of us can relate to.
Jill
Feb 28, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was completely predictable, but enjoyed the light read and the happy story.
Shelly Ann
This wasn't what I thought it would be. To much going on as
far as going from story line to story line. I didn't like
the closure. Just seemed to rushed.
Melissa
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Beth finds a box and discovers she has a different birth father, goes looking for him. Very stilted character interaction.
Kimberly Wolfe
Quick read
Linda Simons
I am really liking Catheriine Palmer's writing. Book number two for me. Read it in 2 evenings. Interesting characters with Christian background in the story lines.
Jean
The book was ruined by "no longer would Jan be mired in the musty old language of the old King James Version" page 165
Tanya
rated it did not like it
Jun 26, 2013
Kate Hammond
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Mixed Signals
  • Tea for Two (Tea with Millicent)
  • The Rancher's Reunion
  • Double Identity
  • A Vow To Cherish (A Vow To Cherish, #1)
  • Fair Game
  • Home Sweet Texas
  • The Cowboy's Courtship (The Cowboy Series, #5)
  • Raw Edges (Quilts of Love, #10)
  • Remember Me
  • All I Have to Give
  • A Steal of a Deal (The Shop-Til-U-Drop Collection #2)
  • Where My Heart Belongs
  • Wild Rose (Wild Rose Series #1)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2)
  • Awaken My Heart
  • Like Sweet Potato Pie (Southern Fried Sushi #2)
  • Beloved Castaway (Fairweather Keys #1)

Catherine Palmer lives in Atlanta with her husband, Tim, where they serve as missionaries in a refugee community. They have two grown sons. Cathy is a graduate of Southwest Baptist University and holds a master's degree in English from Baylor University. Her first book was published in 1988. Since then she has
More about Catherine Palmer...