Start by marking “Am I Boring My Dog?: And 99 Other Things Every Dog Wishes You Knew” as Want to Read:
Am I Boring My Dog?: And 99 Other Things Every Dog Wishes You Knew

Am I Boring My Dog?: And 99 Other Things Every Dog Wishes You Knew

A delightfully witty guide to keeping much-loved dogs not just fed and groomed, but happy to be with you. And vice versa.
Geared to the millions who want to be socially responsible but also indulgent, who want to be informed about the latest ideas inc are and training, and, above all, who worry about their relationships with their dogs, this poignant, irreverent guide is
Published September 1st 2009 by Alpha Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Am I Boring My Dog?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Am I Boring My Dog?

Start your review of Am I Boring My Dog?: And 99 Other Things Every Dog Wishes You Knew
Annalie
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every dog owner should read this! It's jam packed with useful hints and information. Once in a while, Ms Jarolim loses track with the fact that dogs are relatively recently domesticated wild animals (so it's OK for them to chew on raw bones and then they won't need to have their teeth brushed) but most of the time she recognises the doggy-ness of dogs and their need to get out in the bush, run off leash, roll in dead stuff (or worse) and get dirty on a regular basis.
The book is also really easy
Paul
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, dogs
This book is perfect for would-be dog owners. Ideally it should be read several weeks before adopting or purchasing a dog, as it gives advice on selecting a reputable breeder/seller, choosing a breed, and so on.

Veteran dog owners will still find the book useful because of its discussion feed, finding a vet, buying toys, selecting walkers and sitters, along with many other topics.

This book is in no way all encompassing, but an excellent starting point for answering 99 common questions for dog own
Frankie
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so funny I not only finished it in one day, I read all the footnotes, they made me laugh so!
The author has wonderful values and advice, I learned many new things that interested me (info on L Helmsley will) and were often practical (dog toys), and I have read numerous books already on dog care.
I did not agree with the author on everything, such as having Only Dogs and commentary on cats, but let it go, the book is wonderful, and a very worthwhile read.
Paschalis
Jul 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: elibrary
elibrary
Marijke
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit the book was quite humorous at times, but out of principle, I don't like taking doggie advice from somebody that came to owning her first (and only!) dog a bit later in life and that has never been a puppy mum! Sure, she's read a lot of books and researched the topic thoroughly, but when it comes to dogs, I believe in experience.

Furthermore, in topics that I did have an interest, for instance the raw food diet, I felt there was inadequate information. Sure, it suggests books to r
Mckinley
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, dog
Dogs 101, from why to get a dog to traveling with your dog. Lots of basics covered. THe humor didn't always work for me but it didn't detract from the information either. ...more
Casey
Jun 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great tip book for any dog owner. Edie Jarolim also throws in plenty of humor which makes for a good read.
Eugenio Garcia
Apr 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Extremely funny and useful for all dog lovers.
Kristin B
Sep 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute, but common knowledge for anyone who has had a dog and paid attention to it. Could be good for really curious newbies (which, to be fair, it seems to have been meant for).
Kat
May 24, 2015
Tara Angerhofer
Nov 06, 2017
Amber Piotrowicz
rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Bored when at home ignore the book 1 1 Jul 04, 2015 03:24AM

• Lance: A Spirit Unbroken
  • K: A History of Baseball in Ten Pitches
  • Spiralize and Thrive: 100 Vibrant Vegetable-Based Recipes for Starters, Salads, Soups, Suppers, and More
  • Custer's Trials: A Life on the Frontier of a New America
  • The League of Wives: The Untold Story of the Women Who Took on the U.S. Government to Bring Their Husbands Home
  • Salem Witch Judge: The Life and Repentance of Samuel Sewall
  • Life: The Movie - How Entertainment Conquered Reality
  • Notre-Dame de Paris: The Eternal Cathedral
  • Madame Tussaud: A Life in Wax
  • Joy of Cooking
  • Recipes from the Root Cellar: 270 Fresh Ways to Enjoy Winter Vegetables
  • Tap Code: The Epic Survival Tale of a Vietnam POW and the Secret Code That Changed Everything
  • Not My Father's Son
  • Love is the Cure: On Life, Loss, and the End of AIDS
  • Veggie Burgers Every Which Way: Fresh, Flavorful and Healthy Vegan and Vegetarian Burgers—Plus Toppings, Sides, Buns and More
  • The Beautiful Ones
  • My Sisters the Saints: A Spiritual Memoir
  • The Accidental President: Harry S. Truman and the Four Months That Changed the World
Edie Jarolim earned a Ph.D. in English literature from New York University; edited guidebooks at Frommer's and Fodor's in New York and Rough Guides in London; published myriad travel articles and three travel guides (Frommer's San Antonio and Austin; The Complete Idiot's Travel Guide to Mexico's Beach Resorts; Arizona for Dummies); and generally led a respectable but dogless life until 2004, when ...more