Start by marking “The Mind-Body Code: How the Mind Wounds and Heals the Body” as Want to Read:
The Mind-Body Code: How the Mind Wounds and Heals the Body

The Mind-Body Code: How the Mind Wounds and Heals the Body

Discover the Secret to Personal Excellence Hidden in Your "Mind-Body Code"

You may know that your mind influences your health--but what's influencing your mind? Until you answer this question, you may be overlooking a key factor on the path to personal excellence. On The Mind-Body Code, pioneering neuropsychologist Dr. Mario Martinez invites you to discover the dynamic inte
Audio CD, Abridged, 6 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Sounds True (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Mind-Body Code, please sign up.
Edward I've listened to it more than 20 times. It's helping me improve how I treat other people and how I treat myself.

Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I may never finish this. I love listening to it before I fall asleep. I think I have heard chapter three four times.
Anne
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Everything about this book speaks to my soul...

I love the idea that the mind is not separate from the body...and that our emotions are just as much a part of our body as they are a part of our mind, and that in order to truly heal, we must heal them both.

Also his explanations of living "inside the pale" (or our various cultural tribes) were very helpful to me. So often if we chose to not live the way those around us want us to live, we will be "punished" for our actions. Much like a smoker who d
Luke Morrison
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mario Martinez has and amazing voice and also the most complete description of forgiveness I've ever heard.

He explains how to integrate forgiveness into ones life with usable stories and real tools.

I've never quite heard the concept of true forgiveness explained this way anywhere else.

I highly recommend listening to all 6 CD's "in order". I found that they really helped me to explain to myself and other what "forgiveness is not" and with my christian background it added a whole new dimension
Heather
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, 2011
practicle. insightful. helpful.
Emily B.
Nov 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: steaming-piles
Strange how devoid of scientific detail and explanation this book is in light of the fact that it was written by a neuroscientist from a strong academic lineage. This book was an embarrassing read, I was in need of a brown paper bag. I get the impression that Mario Martinez is trying to cash-in here. He's succeeded, he's Mr. Presenter/Fundraiser Guy now on PBS, someone had to take over for poor Wayne Dyer, rest his soul.

Martinez discusses fuzzy concepts such as "portals of synchronicity" without
Anita Sullivan
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Totally worth reading and not only that, spending time with the unusually good meditation exercises. I agree with his underlying philosophy that lack of deep self love is the root cause of many diseases and health problems such as obesity, drug dependency, depression, and some immune diseases. He does not advocate a quick fix. His writing is quite clear, but not really engaging. The examples he uses are somewhat lame. What his book needs is a healthy infusion of poetic lyricism, which would come ...more
Yanal
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Definitely enjoyed listening to this book. Some of the areas I enjoyed were around the centenarians and the different breathing techniques that you can take on to help with stress and forgiveness. I'll listen to it again since it was short and provided some good insights.
Justin
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Makes too many unfounded leaps for me. For example, he attaches a great deal of importance to the words you use to describe your world. I tend to say "I think" or "I see" a good deal (instead of I hear/feel) and he seems to attach great import to that without citing any studies, etc.
Esther Ruvalcaba
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the chapters on centenarians and on forgiveness
Mary
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
To be fair, I did not finish this audiobook. He presented information without citing any evidence to back up his claim and it felt psycho-babblish to me.
Shira
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: being, monica
I love his closing thanks to the reader. This is a book worth purchasing two copies: one for taking notes and journal writing or working through the exercises at home, and one to carry with you on the bus while re-reading.

Read, Write, Dream, Teach !
ShiraDest
September 3rd, 12016 HE
Karol K
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Life changing information. If you have not read this or listened to the audio, I implore you to do it. Mental issues can block recovery, healing. Explore your past issues and resolve them with the help of this book. I listened to the CD as the book was too dry. Now I will purchase the book for future reference and exercises.

Life is full of lessons unfortunately most will not utilize them. I am glad to be one of the few who will.
Patricia
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, self-help
You know that your mind influences your health-but what's influencing your mind? Unless you answer this question, teaches Dr. Mario Martinez, you may be missing a key component on the journey to health and personal excellence.
In The Mind-Body Code, the founder of Biocognitive Theory presents his first audio curriculum about the dynamic interplay between our thoughts, our bodies and our cultural history-and how to unlock this powerful doorway to wellness and fulfillment.
Sonja
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very interesting meditation on mind-body-emotion connections by a leading neuropsychologist. Wonderful practices of breathing, focus, thought and release to help heal the body. Contemplations consider cultural frameworks. Thought provoking book that demands more study. The author is the founder of Biocognitive Theory.
Kas
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
loved it, great examples and analogies throughout. I will definitely reread. practical and easy to understand. big impact.
Edward
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Dr. Martinez has helped me see my present and my past from a different perspective. I'm now learning how to treat myself better and more easily find the simple joys of living.
Patty
May 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Psychobabble.
Jacki McClure
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A must read for all.
Kalle Wescott
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating concepts, many of which I was already applying to my life. The mind is a mysterious and powerful thing.
Stephanie Paley
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
The information that he passes is similar to the Chakra system. He included meditations for each area of the body-mind connection.
Rkhoulihan
  • The Mandala of Being: Discovering the Power of Awareness
  • Ayurveda and the Mind
  • Symbol & Archetype: A Study of the Meaning of Existence
  • Your Aura and Your Chakras: The Owner's Manual
  • The Story of You (And How to Create a New One)
  • Lucid Living: A Book You Can Read in an Hour That Will Turn Your World Inside Out
  • Your Body Is Your Subconscious Mind
  • Decolonize Your Diet: Plant-Based Mexican-American Recipes for Health and Healing
  • Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh
  • Itsy Bitsy Yoga: Poses to Help Your Baby Sleep Longer, Digest Better, and Grow Stronger
  • Fierce Medicine: Breakthrough Practices to Heal the Body and Ignite the Spirit
  • Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class
  • The Wisdom of Your Face: Change Your Life with Chinese Face Reading!
  • Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys: Recipes, Strategies, and Survival Techniques
  • The Secret History of the War on Cancer