Start by marking “Your Very Own Robot (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers #4)” as Want to Read:
Your Very Own Robot (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers #4)

Your Very Own Robot (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers #4)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Your parents are scientists and inventors. One day, they throw some pieces of a robot into the trash. If you can figure out how to put the pieces together, you'll have a robot of your very own! But do you know enough to control it? Are you ready for the adventure your very own robot will bring will bring? Do you dare dive into a vat of ice cream to save your robot? Do you ...more
Published 1982 by Bantam Skylark

To ask other readers questions about Your Very Own Robot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Very Own Robot

Josiah
Jul 29, 2010 rated it it was ok
I like this book. The plot of Your Very Own Robot may imperfectly toe the line between realism and obvious fantasy at times, but that mix kind of works for how the book is done. Even when the story's action is plausible it seems better to view it as a fun fantasy, filled with consequences to your actions that aren't necessarily logical but are always funny and enjoyable.

The scene sets up like this: Your parents, both of whom are technological scientists, one day build a roughly human-shaped rob
Ron Gastgeb
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ah, my first Choose Your Own Adventure book. I'm fairly sure that it no longer exists, having disintegrated under the stress of thousands of re-reads (I had to be sure that I'd read every possible story).
Kristen
May 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Targeted towards a younger audience and appropriate for read-aloud.
Kate Puleo Unger
I was so excited to see that Choose Your Own Adventure was exhibiting at BEA. I loved those books when I was younger. I picked up this earlier reader adventure for my 6 year-old son. I was waiting for him to get a little better at reading, so he could read it to me, but in the end, I ended up reading it to him twice.

The first time we read it, we must have made all the wrong choices because our adventure ended after only about 10 pages and was quite dull. The second time we read the book, we made
Heather
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for motivating young readers to "re-read" books.
Ashley Hermann
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Just couldn't get into it as much the other cyoa books. I got 4 of 12 endings before deciding I wanted to dive into a different cyoa book.
Tammy
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I decided to introduce my 4 1/2 year old to choose your own adventure books and this was our first foray into the series. He loved it! It's fun to read a book where you are the main character and you get to decide the direction of the book. We also got a pirate one but he just wants to read this one over and over again!
Jason Koivu
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this for my niece at the fantastical Terra Toys while on vacation in Austin, TX. That is one heck of a great store with all manner of wonderful toys and even a shelf full of Choose Your Own Adventure books!

This version of R.A. Montgomery's Your Very Own Robot is designed for young readers. The story is simplified from the original, the old b&w illustrations are updated with a Pixar colorfulness, and it's not as violent. No disassembling of children here, gosh darn it.

The story start
Dolly
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children who enjoy choose-your-own adventure books
Our oldest has been bringing home various You Choose books from her elementary school library. And now at our local library we've discovered some of the books from the original Choose Your Own Adventure series that I read when I was a child. I remember loving books like this in my childhood and I am excited that our girls are discovering them as well.

This is a CYOA book for young readers and it focuses on a robot that your scientist parents created and then tossed in the trash when it wouldn't w
Fred
May 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good so far

Raymond A. Montgomery (born 1936 in Connecticut) was an author and progenitor of the classic Choose Your Own Adventure interactive children's book series, which ran from 1979 to 2003. Montgomery graduated from Williams College and went to graduate school at Yale University and New York University (NYU). He devoted his life to teaching and education.

In 2004, he co-founded the Chooseco publishing co
More about R.A. Montgomery...

Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • The Circus (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #1)
  • The Haunted House (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #2)
  • Sunken Treasure (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #3)
  • Gorga, the Space Monster (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #5)
  • The Green Slime (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #6)
  • Help! You're Shrinking (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #7)
  • Indian Trail (Choose Your Own Adventure: Dragonlark)
  • Dream Trips (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #9)
  • The Genie in the Bottle (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #10)
  • The Bigfoot Mystery (Choose Your Own Adventure: Young Readers, #11)