Start by marking “Under The Law” as Want to Read:
Under The Law

Under The Law

It's swinging London in 1973. Britain's just going 'decimal'; Carnaby Street is the centre of fashion all of Europe goes there to shop. Soho has yet to become the gay hub it now is. There are no computers to speak of, no Internet dating, no mobile phones, nor even answering machines or VCRs certainly no CD's or DVDs. Yet, somehow Britain survived, and the Brits even manage ...more
Published January 23rd 2010 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Under The Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under The Law

Heidi

That was THE FASTEST insta love I have EVER read and the first and last from this author.

Alina
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another winner from Mr Bowie!

Sweet modern historical with extremely likeable characters and very little angst. Lovely as usual :)
Sheilad37
Short sweet.
Miranda
Mini Review: A sweet and predictable romance. I enjoyed the historic setting and actually wished I was more knowledgeable (ie. paid attention in history class) so I could be engaged further in the world building.

Visit me at Sweet Vernal Zephyr for my LONG review and some eye candy. That's right, I am bribing you with candy. You coming?
Grandmat
Apr 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Very short, simple plot line. In spite of the date of the story, nothing was said of the difficulties of being gay back then, making the story pollyannaish. However, I still enjoyed it. The characters are likable and real and to be fair, there usually isn't much depth in a story this short. Just a pleasant read.
Sara
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, audiobook
Extremely sweet and sexy short read about Peter a struggling performer and John the police detective in 70's London. It is fairly predictable but written beautifully. I can highly recommend getting this on audio as the narrator really does it justice. It's left me with the warm fuzzies :)
Deusa Liberta
(view spoiler)
Marlobo
Jul 18, 2015 rated it did not like it
Demoted rating
Read as part of Fabulous BritsAnthology.
M'rella
Rather predictable, but still charming. 4.5 stars.
Marsilisa
Oct 09, 2013
Meganjoy
Feb 23, 2012
Dindilisti
rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2015
Indigo
May 31, 2010
Michael Phillips-townsend
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thin plot, but still a hot listen, especially with that Scottish accent! 3.5 rounded to 4.
Yeochingyu
Oct 22, 2015
Shivangi
Jul 15, 2017
Lisa
Jul 03, 2015
J.P. Bowie
Aug 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Aug 18, 2011
Allyce
Nov 10, 2018
Kelly
May 07, 2018
J.P. Bowie was born and raised in Aberdeen, Scotland. He wrote his first (unpublished) novel – a science fiction tale of brawny men and brawnier women that made him a little suspect in the eyes of his family for a while.

Leaving home at age eighteen for the bright lights of London, he found himself in the midst of a “diverse and creative crowd” that eventually led him to the performing arts. For th