Start by marking “101 Alimentos Que Pueden Salvarte la Vida” as Want to Read:
101 Alimentos Que Pueden Salvarte la Vida

101 Alimentos Que Pueden Salvarte la Vida

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  175 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
When it comes to food, nature provides a wealth of delicious choices. But each one also supplies unique health benefits. From apples to yogurt, this comprehensive encyclopedia of power foods from top nutritionist David Grotto proves that what tastes good can also be good for you—and tells you why. Did you know...

• A handful of tart cherries before bed can help you sleep be
Published March 2nd 2009 by Spanish Publications (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about 101 Alimentos Que Pueden Salvarte la Vida, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Alimentos Que Pueden Salvarte la Vida

Jenny
Feb 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
This isn't a book you can just sit down and read before bed or while on the bus. For me, it's certainly more useful (and fun) as a sort of encyclopedia. I've been going through the index and picking something and then finding out how to fix it. For example, I recently had a bout of heartburn and no tums. I looked up and saw that apples and cranberries can help. Also, since I'm pregnant now I know I need more protein so I looked up protein in the index to find a few more options and recipes rathe ...more
Darlene Gore
101 Foods that could save your life
After doing research on The American Diet “101 Foods that could save your life” by David Grotto, RD, LDN is a book that had some grand idea of eating healthy. This book tells what one should include in their diet and all the reasons why! If one is interested in health, food, eating, & reading about a combination of those things, this is a good book. It can be a reference book, but it is informative and helpful when one is conscious about what to eat. One of
Roberta Frontini (Blogue FLAMES)
This is, for me, a bible!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! I'm always consulting it <3
Mems Dù
I've read a slue of books in this vein over the years> all informative in nature and helpful to a degree (add those buddy guys later). This little gem, is just that: little. It's a quick fun treat with little historical and pop trivia and as an added bonus, for each 101 it gives you storage and longevity tips so as to gain the most sustenance and healing out of the aforementioned 101- CUTE!
It's hard to know if I'm being serious, even for me- CUTE!
Anthony
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I dislike self-help books in general but this one is quite a balanced reference book, it's just a pity for the lack of illustrations (even if they came at an additional price).
As for the recipes I find them in general (not here in particular) unreadable, however I realized the need to answer some readers to a "so what then?" after a food's virtues have been exposed.
Good job Mr. Author. Why don't they start a TV series out of this book, there are so many cheap cooking reality shows around!
Ann
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 50-in-2009
This books is highly informative and much needed in a time when fad diets tell you to "eat this" or "eat that". This book tells you what you should be including in your diet and all the reasons why! It is inspiring me to make some changes to my regular grocery list.
Carmen
Jun 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if you're interested in health, food, eating, & reading about one or a combination of those things this is a good book. it is more of a reference book but it is informative and helpful as i try to be more conscious about what i eat. i think i'm going to buy this one.
Jenny Stringham
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I pull this book out as a reference all the time. My kids are used to me at the dinner table referring to this book and why it's so important that I made such and such. I can usually get a couple of more bites out of my picky eaters :)
Jackie
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing really new here. The entries are short and concise but perhaps leaving out information I find help as if a vegetable loses nutrition through cooking or storage. Could have included that info and left out the boring recipes.
Theresa Romano-ross
One of the best and well written books I have read regarding individual foods their nutrient components, health benefits and folklore of the food! Insightful to the average person and informative to any foodie!!!
  • 1,001 Low-Carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert That Let You Live Your Low-Carb Lifestyle and Never Look Back
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy
  • Conscious Eating
  • The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages
  • The Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book: A Guide to Whole-Grain Breadmaking
  • Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
  • The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook
  • BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles
  • The Primal Blueprint Cookbook: Primal, Low Carb, Paleo, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free
  • Green for Life
  • Eating for Beauty
  • The Doctors Book of Food Remedies: The Latest Findings on the Power of Food to Treat and Prevent Health Problems - From Aging and Diabetes to Ulcers and Yeast Infections
  • Buzz: The Science and Lore of Alcohol and Caffeine
  • The Dukan Diet
  • The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results
  • The 10 Things You Need to Eat: And More Than 100 Easy and Delicious Ways to Prepare Them
  • The Petite Advantage Diet: Achieve That Long, Lean Look. The Specialized Plan for Women 5'4" and Under.
  • New Choices in Natural Healing: Over 1,800 of the Best Self-Help Remedies from the World of Alternative Medicine