Start by marking “Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch” as Want to Read:
Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch

Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch

For over a decade, Winning at New Products has served as the bible for product developers everywhere. In this fully updated and expanded edition, Robert Cooper demonstrates with compelling evidence why consistent product development is so vital to corporate growth and how to maximize your chances of success. By any measure, most product concepts never make it to market, an ...more
Paperback, Third Edition, 448 pages
Published May 24th 2001 by Basic Books (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Winning at New Products, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning at New Products

Start your review of Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch
Bob Gao
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good overview on new product development, Again it is reconfirmed that as it is reconfirmed that it is critically important to deliver new product development. Meanwhile several very good prioritization tools, was presented.

I found the great thing in the world is not so much where stand, as in which direction we are moving, to reach the port of heaven we must sail sometimes with wind and sometimes against it, but we must sail, and no drift, and not lie at anchor.
May Ling
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I have so much to learn from this guy in the way of promoting a book and a process. This book shows up in Goodreads as first being listed in the 80's. The edition I have says 2001. Each one has a different subtitle. Fascinating as I am a bit unsure how best to handle my upcoming launch...

The book itself starts off extremely strong. The first 3 chapters are fantastic. From there, he describes a process that because his life's work, StageGate-ing. It describes a way to scale innovation and new pro
Paul
Jun 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Product innovation management should be one of the most exciting topics (it's all about doing cool new things!), but most books on the subject are either totally dessicated and devoid of emotion, or dripping with unsubstantiated hype and consultant double-speak.

Not this book thankfully (except the humour part perhaps). Well researched, straight-forward, practical and above all, respectful of the role of customers in the process. If you have a professional role in product innovation or product de
Saad
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My company was doing stage-gate before I joined there. Having just finished this book, i have a much better understanding of why we use it and some ideas on how we might further strengthen our implementation of it :)
Garrett Thompson
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I found the initial chapters hard going, but it did get more interesting in later chapters. It's possible that it's an issue of later editions, but a lack of organisation / structure seemed to lead to lots of duplication or cross-over between sections.
Nicole
Jan 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
One of the best books I've ever read regarding how to effectively manage the product development lifecycle. Regardless of what development methodology you employ, you are bound to find some practical tips on better managing your development cycle and the folks who execute it.
Thomas
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
A comprehensive understanding of stage-gate product development. Essential reading if your field is Innovation/Product Development. It helped me immeasurably.
Kevin
Jul 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
A bit dated but the fundamentals of solid product management haven't changed...
Ribverb
Nov 01, 2015
Ivan Chagas
Oct 21, 2015
Jonna Higgins-Freese
Probably good when it was published, but superseded by newer work on rapid prototyping, Lean Startup, Jobs to be Done (Christensen's Competing Against Luck), and design sprint methodology.
Frederic
May 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
  • Inspired: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love
  • Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation
  • Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
  • The Ultimate Guide to Business Process Management: Everything you need to know and how to apply it to your organization
  • How Baking Works: Exploring the Fundamentals of Baking Science
  • The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
  • Long Walk to Freedom
  • What You Do Is Who You Are: How to Create Your Business Culture
  • Understanding Michael Porter: The Essential Guide to Competition and Strategy
  • Blue Ocean Shift: Beyond Competing - Proven Steps to Inspire Confidence and Seize New Growth
Robert Gravlin Cooper (b.1943)