Start by marking “Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch” as Want to Read:
Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch

Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  110 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
For over a decade, Winning at New Products has served as the bible for product developers everywhere. In this fully updated and expanded edition, Robert Cooper demonstrates with compelling evidence why consistent product development is so vital to corporate growth and how to maximize your chances of success. By any measure, most product concepts never make it to market, an ...more
Paperback, Third Edition, 448 pages
Published May 24th 2001 by Basic Books (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Winning at New Products, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning at New Products

Bob Gao
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good overview on new product development, Again it is reconfirmed that as it is reconfirmed that it is critically important to deliver new product development. Meanwhile several very good prioritization tools, was presented.

I found the great thing in the world is not so much where stand, as in which direction we are moving, to reach the port of heaven we must sail sometimes with wind and sometimes against it, but we must sail, and no drift, and not lie at anchor.
May
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I have so much to learn from this guy in the way of promoting a book and a process. This book shows up in Goodreads as first being listed in the 80's. The edition I have says 2001. Each one has a different subtitle. Fascinating as I am a bit unsure how best to handle my upcoming launch...

The book itself starts off extremely strong. The first 3 chapters are fantastic. From there, he describes a process that because his life's work, StageGate-ing. It describes a way to scale innovation and new pro
Paul
Jun 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Product innovation management should be one of the most exciting topics (it's all about doing cool new things!), but most books on the subject are either totally dessicated and devoid of emotion, or dripping with unsubstantiated hype and consultant double-speak.

Not this book thankfully (except the humour part perhaps). Well researched, straight-forward, practical and above all, respectful of the role of customers in the process. If you have a professional role in product innovation or product de
Saad
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My company was doing stage-gate before I joined there. Having just finished this book, i have a much better understanding of why we use it and some ideas on how we might further strengthen our implementation of it :)
Garrett Thompson
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I found the initial chapters hard going, but it did get more interesting in later chapters. It's possible that it's an issue of later editions, but a lack of organisation / structure seemed to lead to lots of duplication or cross-over between sections.
Nicole
Jan 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
One of the best books I've ever read regarding how to effectively manage the product development lifecycle. Regardless of what development methodology you employ, you are bound to find some practical tips on better managing your development cycle and the folks who execute it.
Thomas
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
A comprehensive understanding of stage-gate product development. Essential reading if your field is Innovation/Product Development. It helped me immeasurably.
Kevin
Jul 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
A bit dated but the fundamentals of solid product management haven't changed...
Ribverb
Nov 01, 2015
Ivan Chagas
Oct 21, 2015
Jonna Higgins-Freese
Probably good when it was published, but superseded by newer work on rapid prototyping, Lean Startup, Jobs to be Done (Christensen's Competing Against Luck), and design sprint methodology.
Frederic
Jennifer Vekert
rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The New Industrial Revolution: Consumers, Globalization and the End of Mass Production
  • Design Like Apple: Seven Principles for Creating Insanely Great Products, Services, and Experiences
  • C++: The Complete Reference
  • Strategic Brand Management
  • Software Project Survival Guide
  • Merriam-webster's Dictionary And Thesaurus
  • The Innovator's Toolkit: 50+ Techniques for Predictable and Sustainable Organic Growth
  • Your Private Sky: R. Buckminster Fuller - The Art of Design Science
  • Hello World: Where Design Meets Life
  • Out of Print: Newspapers, Journalism and the Business of News in the Digital Age
  • How to Kill a Unicorn: How the World's Hottest Innovation Factory Builds Bold Ideas That Make It to Market
  • Maeda@Media
  • Take Care of Yourself: The Complete Illustrated Guide to Medical Self-care
  • C++ Primer
  • Contextual Design: Defining Customer-Centered Systems
  • Escape Velocity: Free Your Company's Future from the Pull of the Past
  • Information Anxiety
  • Mind Amplifier: Can Our Digital Tools Make Us Smarter?

Nonfiction Deals

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Flour: A Baker's Collection of Spectacular Recipes
    $21.99 $3.99
  • The Longest Day: The Classic Epic of D-Day
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
  • Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
  • Church of the Small Things: The Million Little Pieces That Make Up a Life
  • Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Moving Beyond Words: Essays on Age, Rage, Sex, Power, Money, Muscles: Breaking the Boundaries of Gender
  • Woman's Worth