Start by marking “Confessions of a Serial Dater” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Serial Dater

Confessions of a Serial Dater

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  283 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

Another great tale of love gone wild from author Michelle Cunnah, a favourite voice of Avon Trade fans whose loveable characters are creating a stir.

A good relationship is like a pair of comfortable shoes, right?

At first, they may pinch and squeeze, but with time (and blisters) they mould to your feet for a perfect fit.

Rosie Mayford isn't sure she believes this theory–a

Published July 26th 2005 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Serial Dater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Serial Dater

Drew
Nov 26, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I started reading this book in Jamaica and just finished it. I’d read her other two books, 32AA and Call Waiting, awhile ago and picked up her latest a few months ago. This book is from the chick-lit genre, and I really enjoyed her light and fast-paced style of writing in her first book. I didn’t really like the second one that much, it seemed like she just had to write it to follow up on the success of her first book. Her most recent book draws on a different set of characters and takes place i ...more
Meagan
Jul 16, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is good for the simple fact that it follows the chick-lit formula. I've come to find a substantial difference between British chick-lit and American, and this might be a cultural thing, but I find that most British chick-lit authors spend too much time making it "realistic" and less time on the acutal quality of the writing.

But back to the book. This story takes way too much time with scenes going back-and-forth with Rosie (the protaganist) and her friends. It also spends a fair amoun
Cris
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amuzantă şi relaxantă, de citit în timpii morți ai unei zile foarte pline
Leontina
Încă o carte despre care am sentimente ușor contradictorii. Și nu e pentru că ar fi fost o carte rea. Dar să o iau de la început.
Cartea asta prezintă povestea lui Rosie. Pare că totul merge destul de bine în viața ei, până la o strângere de fonduri de Crăciun, unde lucrurile nu merg tocmai bine, iar apoi la câteva zile după Crăciun iubitul ei, Jonathan, se desparte de ea printr-un mesaj lăsat pe robotul telefonic. În același timp, întâlnește un străin arătos și simpatic, dar nici el nu e chiar a
Charity
Jun 20, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was extremely disappointed by the predictability of the story and the annoying behavior of the characters. The most disturbing part is the lack of development in almost all of the plot points. A situation will arise and there will be a set-up for a new turn in the story, but instead of fleshing it out or explaining it, the author jumps forward in the timeline and ties up the loose ends with something along the lines of..."Oh! By the way, that situation involving so-and-so turned out to be no b ...more
Kimberly
This is the story of Rosie, who is a co-owner of her own employment agency in London. Rosie has colorful relatives, loyal friends, and terrible taste in men. But one day, she sits down at her cousin's wedding reception only to realize that she's been to bed with every single man at the table.

That's what the back of the book says. Rosie isn't quite such a slut, though, unfortunately. The men were spread over many years.

Complete, enjoyable chick-lit brain candy.
Stacy
I really liked this story in spite of the main character, Rosie. For the most part, I loved her, but I got sick of the daydreams about Dr. Love and her stubborn streak to not let him explain the situation. If I could've, I would've slapped her upside the head and told her to keep her mouth shut. But, the ending made up very nicely for all that. :)
Cathy
Feb 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this one up in the cheap bin at Barnes and Noble one day, and while I haven't finished it yet, it's been mind-numbingly entertaining. I'm always looking for something I can pick up occasionally and just laugh--this fits the bill.
Kelly
Jan 31, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Perfect book for commuting, travel or beach. You do not get very attached to the characters so you don't mind if you get interrupted. That said, it was cute and followed the chick-lit protocol. Didn't change my life, but I don't regret reading it, either.
Juva
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a truly fun read! It wasn't a hard read by any means, and the characters lack a certain depth, but I enjoyed the lightness of the book, and it kept me busy on my plane ride. Pick it up for a quick distraction :)
Taysha
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the idea of it more than the execution. The story jumps around too much - I found it really hard to keep track of the author's timelines. And the end scene was like something out of a movie I'd already seen - too predictable.

It was cute, but could have been done far better.
Mindy
Jun 05, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fluffy and enjoyable. I like Cunnah's style and really liked 32AA and Call Waiting. Those 2 are much better than this one. Or maybe it was just the cover that made me embarassed to read it in public.
Kristin
Feb 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious and the side stories at the end amazing. I recommend this book to anyone looking for an easy entertaining read.
Cris
May 31, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Și știi vorba aia veche, "Ține-l flămând ca să poftească mai mult"
Sasha Strader
Aug 30, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
100 pages in and had to give it up.
Jazzy D
i enjoy a cliche love story!
Sheena
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit

A cute fast read. The only thing I didn't like about this book was the character of Elaine gosh what a witch! Other than that if your looking for a easy,fun read I'd recommend this book.
Jolie Corral
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The part in the airport, although it was a bit predictable, had me rooting for Rosie. This book was a quick read and more enjoyable than I was expecting.
Ioana
Nov 06, 2014
Amanda
Jul 18, 2008
Sava Georgiana Andreea
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2015
  • Making Mischief
  • Life Over Easy
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • Un-Bridaled
  • First Date (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #1)
  • The Girlfriend Curse
  • The Art of Undressing
  • A Hollywood Ending
  • Too Good To Be True (D and S Security, #2)
  • sMothering