Start by marking “Oggie Cooder Party Animal!” as Want to Read:
Oggie Cooder Party Animal!

Oggie Cooder Party Animal! (Oggie Cooder)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  156 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Grade Level:2-3 Age Level:7-8 Listening Level: Grades 2-3

Oggie Cooder has never set foot (or swim fin) in his neighbor Donnica Perfecto's swimming pool. But now he has his chance - it's Donnica's birthday, and her mom has forced her to invite Oggie to the pool party! Donnica, though, isn't about to let this happen. She has a plan to keep Oggie away. But what she doesn't co
Other Format, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Playaway

To ask other readers questions about Oggie Cooder Party Animal!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oggie Cooder Party Animal!

Jay
Feb 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oggie is great at being himself. The story is funny... a good story to read aloud and share.
Carol
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book to help kids to except everyone. You never know who they might know.
Katie Fitzgerald
Though I didn't have a blog then, I remember that Oggie Cooder was the first book I read after moving to DC last Fall. In that first book, Oggie became a local celebrity after his talent of cheese charving - a combination of chewing and carving - earned him a spot on a TV show. In this sequel, Oggie Cooder, Party Animal, he's back to being mostly invisible again, with one exception - Donnica Perfecto, the most popular girl in his grade, has invited Oggie to her birthday party. Granted, it's beca ...more
NCPL Teenzone
Oggie Cooder is back and he's ready to party. For the first time he's been invited to Donnica Perfecto's birthday (pool party!) and he can't stop prrrrr-ip!ing with excitement. Donnica, on the other hand, is furious that her mother forced her to invite Oggie and she's got a few tricks up her sleeve to keep him away.

Armed with a list of Donnica's 101 B.P.R.s (Birthday Party Rules!) that he must have memorized in order to be allowed entry to the party, Oggie is worried he won't find the perfect
Ruth Ann
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile, fiction
Oggie is lovable because he is genuinely himself. He may dress in thrift store clothing and march to his own drummer but he knows what it means to be a friend.
I think this would be a good read aloud book because students would find the silliness appealing and they will relate to wanting to be invited to a party.
I think the best thing about reading "Oggie Cooder PARTY ANIMAL!" aloud to the class is that it could lead to many research and independent projects. Like Oggie, explore inventions and i
Diane
Oggie is back with an invitation to Danica Perfecto's party, only Danica really doesn't want to invite him. Her mother invites him to get on Mrs. Cooder's good side. So Danica invents a list of 100 rules that Oggie must memorize before he can enter the party. Meanwhile, before the party, Oggie meets a new kid, Dylan, and his older brother Justin who's going to play an important part in helping Danica get "the perfect birthday present". The character of Danica is despicable and even the apology a ...more
Ramarie
The unique and eccentric Oggie Cooder is back in this second book. Oggie's been invited to Donnica Perfecto's birthday party and he can hardly wait to swim in her pool...unfortunately, Donnica's been forced by her manipulative mother to invite Oggie, and will make up as many Birthday Party Rules for Oggie to follow in order to get him to not attend. With his quirky clothing (his parents own a thrift store), his talent for charving (carving cheese into shapes) and his very literal interpretation ...more
Chris
Jun 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j, not-graphic, life, light
Fourth grader Oggie is a proudly oblivious oddball, but is still thrilled to be invited to neighbor Donnica Perfecto's birthday party--his first ever invitation to her house and pool. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize Donnica only invited him at her mother's insistence and will do everything she can to keep him from attending. While she schemes, he excitedly worries about what to wear, what will be the perfect birthday present, and how to get along with both Donnica's crowd and his existing frie ...more
Beth
This is the second book about Oggie, a quirky boy in fourth grade. His classmate, Donnica, is evil. She invites him to her birthday party, only because her mother makes her. Then she is just mean to Oggie, all throughout the story. The only good thing about Donnica's actions are that maybe a bully-type of girl will see herself in that character when she reads this book. I did like the other characters, and the story itself was fairly good.
Tal
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love Oggie Cooder and his stories! I love how he is naive to others' awfulness and how excited he gets! I love how he comes out on top and everyone else learns their lessons. It was a very interesting read and I know my kids will love it! There are enough side stories also to make the story move involved. Great read!
A
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: friendship
Neither a long list of rules, nor the inability to find the perfect gift--Cheddar Jam--nor being locked in a bathroom with a juggling bear will keep quirky fourth-grader Oggie Cooder from attending neighbor Donnica Perfecto's birthday pool party.
Alexandria Hiam
Brandi Barnes
Bedtime read for my kiddos ages 6, 8 & 10. I like to find books that can keep them all three interested. They enjoy Oggie. The is the second Oggie book we have read together. It's nice when a chapter book has illustrations included for my 6 and even my 8 year old.
Joenna
Second book for Oggie Cooder, though not as creative as the first one. Oggie is a sweet character and so likable. In this book he's off to the birthday party of Donnica, the super popular mean girl. He has to memorize 100 rules in order for him to attend.
Cannon
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 4 stars because I read the first one in like 4th grade and I just finished reading it again and I wondered if there was a second one and there was and it was a really good book, weird but good.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
reviewed for LMC
Dolores
3 1/2 stars. Very cute and light read. Not exactly great literature, but it is what it is. A nice read for early chapter readers. Funny and engaging with interesting characters.
Beth Ruck
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Weeks once again delivers a fun and wacky book for 8-12 year old boys and girls.
Beth/Sr. Elizabeth
He's way too nice to Donnica.
Brett
Oggie is likably weird, & you cheer for him when things work out to his advantage.
Sharon
Apr 19, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
3rd&up. Cute story of a goofy, strange, but charming underdog who stumbles in and out of social suicide with aplomb. You can't help rooting for this clueless character!
Mallory Steinmetz
Jan 12, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
oggiecooder 1 3 Dec 11, 2011 07:27PM
oggiecooder 1 3 Dec 11, 2011 07:27PM
  • No Girls Allowed (Dogs Okay) (Secrets of a Lab Rat, #1)
  • Allergic to Birthday Parties, Science Projects, and Other Man-made Catastrophes (Alvin Ho, #3)
  • Piper Reed Gets a Job (Piper Reed #3)
  • Ten Ways To Make My Sister Disappear
  • The Totally Made-up Civil War Diary of Amanda MacLeish
  • Bobby the Brave (Sometimes)
  • Nasty, Stinky Sneakers
  • Julia Gillian And the Quest for Joy
  • The Ghost, the White House and Me
  • Orangutan Tongs: Poems to Tangle Your Tongue
  • Six Innings: A Game in the Life
Sarah Weeks has been writing children’s books and songs for the past twenty years. She is a graduate of Hampshire College and NYU and recently became an adjunct faculty member in the prestigious Writing Program at the New School University, in New York City.

Her first YA novel, So B. It, which appeared on the LA Times bestseller list was chosen as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and received the
More about Sarah Weeks...

Oggie Cooder (2 books)