Start by marking “Dancing Feet!” as Want to Read:
Dancing Feet!

Dancing Feet!

Clickity! Clickity! Long green feet!
Who is dancing that clickity beat?

Lizard is dancing on clickity feet.
Clickity! Clickity! Happy feet!

Introducing a get-up-and-dance toddler book-so catchy and rhythmic, you'll almost want to sing it.

Lindsey Craig's rollicking text features funny sound words (Tippity! Creepity! Stompity! Thumpity!), dancing animals, a singsong beat, and
Published May 11th 2010 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Dancing Feet!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing Feet!

Erika
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, board-books
Love the rhythm! You can almost sing along to it. I did this at Book Babies today as a choral reader (every parent/caregiver and child followed along with a copy of the board book in hand). Lots of fun sounds all throughout the book. If it too seems long for babies, you don't have to read the whole thing; you can skip pages without losing any of the fun.
Garren
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Great for younger kids. We stomped away in preschool storytime!
Darinda
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
A rhyming children's book, with dancing animals. Fun! I wasn't wild about the artwork though.
Jenna Pennington
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: el-230
I thought this book was really cute! I think it would be perfect for kindergarten or first grade. I really liked the repetition in this book. It also described things very well for example, "Slappity! Slappity! Webbed orange feet! Who is dancing that slappity beat?" It uses colors and actions so this would be good for younger ages so they can get the concept. This book would really work well with instruments and the kids would be able to participate. Incorporating instruments would keep their at ...more
Kyle Young
Dancing Feet by Lindsay Craig is a good introductory book for beginning readers. The illustrations are bright. The book is suitable for elemtary school kids and feature a lot of onomatopoeia which will keep kids interested in reading this book. This books talks of how different animals make different sounds when walking. From caterpillars to elephants this books covers the whole animal kingdom. Overall, I think this I a nice choice anyone for anyone looking for something new for their little kid ...more
Abby
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dancing Feet! is a great opportunity to make storytime interactive. While familiar animals will draw a young group's attention to the excellent illustrations in the book, different dancing descriptions will keep older kids entertained with mimicking the kinds of movement. A repetitive sentence structure makes follow-along easy and fun for caregivers and doesn't overburden the little ones enjoying it with complicated narrative structure or information. This is definitely one I'd return to, especi ...more
Rosa Cline
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, kids
This book was fun to read out loud to my adult special needs son. It grabed his attention and he grinned and looked at each page as I read (almost couldn't help but sing it, it rhymed so well) The Illistrations is made to where it's a guessing game for the child as the page shows feet then the next page shows the animal so before you turn the page you can ask your child (who do you think it is) as in the text it says the sound the feet is making and then the illustration is showing the feet. Ver ...more
Marie
EXCELLENT book for dialogic reading! One page will say something about a type of foot that's dancing, with a glimpse of the foot. You and your child can then try to guess what animal is dancing. Little man and I had fun doing that! We got one wrong- we guessed "dinosaur" when it was actually a lizard. Pretty close! LOL The text has rhythm and rhyme too. Oh, and the illustrations are collages. That's cool. We've only read it at bedtime so far, but I look forward to reading it during the day and d ...more
Tara Morrow
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Slappity. Slappity. Webbed orange feet. Who is dancing that slapping beat. The book goes on with several different animals each giving children a chance to guess what animal it is.

This book is a great guessing game. It gives a small description and then a picture of the feet that are dancing.

This book is great for repetition and teaching children descriptive words. It would be great for pre-k to 1st grade.
Nicola
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Miss 3 loves it. I think it helps that we have a 'Happy Foot' movement song on cd and I can use the same tune when reading the book. I also like the pictures at the back of the dancing kids pretending to be the animals.

Miss 3 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or themes. We try to get different ones out every week or so; it's fun for both of us to have the variety and to look at a mix of new & favourite authors.
ashley folman
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was very cute. I think that if I were to use this in my classroom it would be animal themed. This book had numerous animal pictures and traits for each of them. There was also a lot of fun words that will keep the kids interested in reading the book. The illustrations were very well done, the students love being able to look at the colorful pictures. I enjoyed this book.
Katie
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, storytime
Cute text asking who is dancing with different kinds of beats (illustrations show the feet of the animal) allowing readers to guess what animal will be on the next page. Illustrations are big and bright, text is engaging and fun, with a simple repeating rhyme. Good for story times about animals, rhyme, and dance.
Jensen Kniska
Dancing feet was about a lot of different animals and their physical characteristics. The pictures are very inviting and colorful. This book could be used for any grade level from toddler to older elementary. I would use this book during a lesson about animals and incorporate an art activity to go along with it.
A fantastic read aloud with some great descriptions like "clickety" feet for the lizard and "creepity" feet for the caterpillar. The kids in story time loved guessing who was next and acting out the dance moves.
Georgette Quinn
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic for young kids. Love the rhythm. Story invites lots of movement.
Alexis
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very fun read aloud! Cute illustrations and made up words.
Amy
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: _rylee
read over the phone
Karla Winick-Ford
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earlychildhood
LOVED IT! Tons on onomatopoeia
Engaging text that's predictable but requires children to use higher-level thinking to determine which comes next
well written and illustrated
Madi
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was a bit of a tongue twister but was silly and entertaining.
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very fun book. Wonderful rhythm, nice guessing game format, really nice papercut illustrations. A hit with me and with two-year olds.
Mely
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
fun
Holly
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
This is another great little book. I loved the rhyming of the story and how it flowed so nicely. The animals dancing also made it a blast to read to my little one.
Donna Mork
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute, shows the repetitive of picture book writing and teaching kids to observe and think (showing the feet first, asking who the feet belong to, then revealing the answer on the next page).
Rebecca Woods
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was very creative! It was very upbeat and happy, children 0-2 would love this book! The illustrator used shapes to draw everything. Dancing feet tells a story about all the feet in the jungle and the different sounds that they make. I personally did not like this book at all, I thought it was to redundant, and I did not like the way the illustrator used shapes to make pictures.
Emily Carlyn
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clear pictures, short, and sweet! Used this with a 1-2 year old group. Can you guess who the dancing feet belong to?
John Yelverton
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am not a huge fan of littering children's books with made-up words, because I feel that it hampers their development of speaking correctly.
Suzie
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kids really liked the pictures and rhyming in this.
Tasia Thompson
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love the beat, rhymes, and pictures in this get movin and groovin book! One of my kids favorites!
Tasha
Apr 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This bright, fun book is sure to have toddler toes tapping in no time. In alternating double-page spreads, children see the feet of an animal and then get to guess what it is. When the page is turned, the answer is revealed. The rhyme and rhythm here are great, adding to the dancing theme. Each set of animal feet make a noise from Tippity! Tippity! to Thumpity! Thumpity! This engaging picture book is ideal for toddler story time where children need to get their wiggles out.

Craig’s verses are fil
Julia Jasztal
Mommy's review from 11/14/11 -

I forget who picked this one out but I'm guessing Julia because she has some sort of fascination with toddler books. If you're kid is older than, oh, about 2 years, I'd pass on this.
The whole 'stompity, stompity' thing is enough to drive you crazy if you don't have a baby there to watch smile. And for some unexplained reason, because of all the 'stompity's' I couldn't say 'happy' when the need arose. I could only say 'happity'. Luckily this didn't last or I'd have
  • Jump!
  • Tiny Little Fly
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Is Everyone Ready for Fun?
  • Tip Tip Dig Dig
  • Clip-Clop
  • Hello Baby!
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • The Croaky Pokey!
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
Lindsey Craig  is the author of the award winning books: DANCING FEET and FARMYARD BEAT both illustrated by Marc Brown. Her books have won numerous awards and been highly praised by Kirkus Review (starred), Publisher Weekly and the New York Times Book Review; her awards include: NAAPA Gold Award Winner, Fred Rogers Best Baby Books 2011, Wilde Award Best Children’s Books, and inclusion in Texas 2X2 ...more